Spectrum to have new Suite Exclusive area

Sarcasm aside, I think a private elevator and pool would be things that would be enjoyed by suite guests all over, and not just the China market. I can also see where other guests may not be keen on these extras taking up additional ship space and maybe appearing even more divisive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds nice, wonder if the suite pool is limited to adults.

I think a pool up there would be an awesome benefit, but if you are paying for a child to be in a suite, I think they should be able to be in there too. It would be nice if they have to abide by rules, (which I personally noticed them cracking down on pool antics last year), but I seem to encounter more problems with overly intoxicated adults at the pools...including one that vomited a foot away from me in the pool on Oasis because she was so drunk. Yeah, that shut the pool down fast.

I think a pool up there would be an awesome benefit, but if you are paying for a child to be in a suite, I think they should be able to be in there too. It would be nice if they have to abide by rules, (which I personally noticed them cracking down on pool antics last year), but I seem to encounter more problems with overly intoxicated adults at the pools...including one that vomited a foot away from me in the pool on Oasis because she was so drunk. Yeah, that shut the pool down fast.

I read reports from some of the other cruise lines with these suite areas, I think NCL and MSC. Sometimes the suite pool becomes the kiddie pool.

I read reports from some of the other cruise lines with these suite areas, I think NCL and MSC. Sometimes the suite pool becomes the kiddie pool.

I didn’t consider that, but that would be a problem. Maybe adults only hours could be an option? It would also be wonderful to have a late night pool again. That used to be my favorite time to go, but that doesn’t exist anymore.

Sarcasm aside, I think a private elevator and pool would be things that would be enjoyed by suite guests all over, and not just the China market. I can also see where other guests may not be keen on these extras taking up additional ship space and maybe appearing even more divisive.

Spectrum is going to China. I wonder if these things will only stay in the Asian markets or as new ships come out, will they add this. MB said newer ships, smaller than Oasis/Quantum Class, would have the Star/Sky/Sea Class.

I don't understand this whole "suite class, private elevator, private pool" thing.

How much is a GS and up? And anyone spends that much money to be confined in defined spaces where you feel you need to stay because you payed for it? Great marketing scheme actually to free up more public space all over the ship as they add more and more cabins during dry docks.

Why not spend that exact same amount of money (or less) on a luxury line and have an entire ship that is equal to and better than Concierge or suite class areas of RCL?

... Why not spend that exact same amount of money (or less) on a luxury line and have an entire ship that is equal to and better than Concierge or suite class areas of RCL?

Because the luxury ships don't have the attractions for children.

Sounds like a great reason to use them.

Yes it is. .

I can tell you from my one and only Oceania sailing this past March I'm pretty certain a kid would not have been pleased on their largest ship, but was MILES better in service, food, luxury, bedding, etc etc than all my sailings on RCL... everything important to most adult cruisers and thoroughly complained about daily on these forums.. Quite a shock how much better actually.

I don't understand this whole "suite class, private elevator, private pool" thing.

How much is a GS and up? And anyone spends that much money to be confined in defined spaces where you feel you need to stay because you payed for it? Great marketing scheme actually to free up more public space all over the ship as they add more and more cabins during dry docks.

Why not spend that exact same amount of money (or less) on a luxury line and have an entire ship that is equal to and better than Concierge or suite class areas of RCL?

Nobody is keeping the suites guests in a confined area. They can and will use the whole ship.

Bob- For an RCI example, look no further than Celebrity Edge which will have a dedicated suite area when it launches late this year. I'm not sure if it has a dedicated elevator or walled off access. Also, to your point about the suite pool, when I have sailed in suites or had an opportunity to use the CL (as D+) I much preferred the Diamond lounge which had fewer or no children running around unlike the CL.

Nobody is keeping the suites guests in a confined area. They can and will use the whole ship.

Yes but then we would have to mix it up with the Steerage folk... Oh wait... I'm steerage folk ;p

dp

Edited by dpostman

Bob- For an RCI example, look no further than Celebrity Edge which will have a dedicated suite area when it launches late this year. I'm not sure if it has a dedicated elevator or walled off access. Also, to your point about the suite pool, when I have sailed in suites or had an opportunity to use the CL (as D+) I much preferred the Diamond lounge which had fewer or no children running around unlike the CL.

This isolated suite concept might work better on Celebrity because they are not trying to make those ships amusement parks. What I've read in some accounts from MSC and NCL is that parents sometimes let the kids run wild in the suite pool area and it's not always the quiet, peaceful area some expect.

And I can't imagine that families paying big bucks for the Amazing Ultra Stupendous Family SUITE would be happy to discover their children are not welcome in the Suite Pool.

Any idea if this suite area is actually going to be for suites only or is it going to be like the suite lounge that allows suites guests and pinnacles?

It seems to be modeled a bit like NCL Haven and MSC Yacht Club. I think those are Suites only.

Is the spectrum larger than the other Quantum class? I wonder what location would be the suite only pool? Do you think that since the Asian clientele doesn’t care for sunbathing that they would cover the outside pool and have two indoor pools and the Solarium will become the suite pool? The Solarium already has the restaurant attached to it. Thoughts?

Yes it is. .

I can tell you from my one and only Oceania sailing this past March I'm pretty certain a kid would not have been pleased on their largest ship, but was MILES better in service, food, luxury, bedding, etc etc than all my sailings on RCL... everything important to most adult cruisers and thoroughly complained about daily on these forums.. Quite a shock how much better actually.

What was the price point, though.