Most Interesting Person You've Ever Met On A Cruise

Hmmmm. Curious. Seems if a person voluntarily posed for a pic, then there wouldn't be an issue. Also, seems that if this was prohibited by law, places like You Tube & Facebook would be out of business. Unless of course this is a CC rule.
Good points I just thought it was responsible to get someone's permission to post their photos.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app

A man who taught English literature, in particular Shakespeare, in one of the toughest mens' prisons in the UK!! Apparently the prisoners felt they could relate to some of the characters in the plays and the younger ones liked the sonnets. He was always being asked to help find suitable pieces for them to send to their girlfriends/wives.

That's fine. You don't know me either, what I am going through. I meant no offense, I simply answered your question. And today has been fabulous considering my reality. :)

I'm pleased you had a fabulous day today and some of us who know your circumstances wish you well every day. Regards. Graham

Same here, Karen.

Thinking about you a lot, Best wishes from the Holy Land, Dani

Houston and DC have a fair number also. And Cincinnati and Stennis, MS. LA.

Lots of places. :D

Not as many that are quite so intimate.

BTW, I also worked in Greenbelt. Is that what you meant by DC?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Gary and Mary...AKA: "Cruise Wizard" is just one that comes to mind. We have met so many wonderful couples and still stay in contact with some of them.

Thank you Pat.....................Mean Mary and I appreciate your thinking of us................looking forward to seeing you and Bucky on the Oasis this Fall / early Winter.

This was on a Viking Yangtze River Cruise a few years ago. We made friends with a couple from Miami, Florida. You wouldn't have known they were well off but at the stop at the Terracotta Warriors, they bought $20k worth of lifesize replicas for their house. Then later they bought $50k worth of Jade statues. They weren't just bragging. I watched them check out and pay for the Jade.

They were terribly disorganized. They got lost at the Forbidden Palace and a tour from a totally different company took pity on them and took them back to our hotel. They were taking an extended tour of Nepal after this cruise. I told my husband they would never be heard from again.

We and another couple hung out together the entire 20 days we were together. We exchanged email. They invited us to stay at their home the next time we were in Miami. I sent several emails to them, so did the other couple, and they never replied. I like to think they just gave us the wrong email address, but who knows. Maybe they are still in Nepal, LOL.

We were on a brand new ship, and a huge royal family was onboard. In their culture, they’re very disciplined, but this was their chance to let their hair down. The teenagers did karaoke, and they danced out on deck. The nanny and all the kids were in the line of balconies next to ours. That poor nanny had her hands full with the little ones!! The parents would visit the kids sometimes, but they mainly did their own thing while the nanny took care of the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What do you do to get thrown off an entire cruise line? Like how RUDE can you be to the staff? Unfathomable to me. Some people suck.

I met an interesting couple. I had moved from Baltimore to Florida and took a 3 night cruise. I had left my husband 3 months before and the divorce was very, very ugly. I requested a large table and was surprised to be booked at a table for 4 (back in 2010 when small tables weren't that common).

The other couple was also from Baltimore (wow, coincidental right?) he was retired CIA. I thought about changing tables cause it just seemed too weird. We saw them once or twice besides dinner and we only shared small talk.

Fast forward to divorce day, I find out that the guy was a PI hired by my ex to spy on me and my male friend!!! The Ex brought it up and the judge was like "What she did after she left you is irrelevant, plus you have a signed agreement in a no fault state".

I bet that was a pretty boring report. "Suspect had shrimp and double dessert. Doesn't speak about personal life". Had I known I would've bragged about hitting the lotto for $200 million (fake).