Irie Tours in Curaçao...Carnival Horizon Next April

pirate4me2

I did it and loved it! Highly recommended!

A good way to see a lot of Curacao in the short time your ship is there.

The former school bus has no windows, so I hope you don't mind your hair getting messed up. Wear a hat LOL

But yeah it was great. A party bus to lots of the best beaches and sites with great and funny guides.

They play reggae/Caribbean music and you can help yourself to the big cooler full of beer, soft drinks and bottled water.

National Park Shete Boka was breathtaking with the crashing waves against the cliffs.

Google it to see images, type it in the YouTube search box to see videos, but nothing can prepare you for it person. Incredible.

Edited by Cruiser 4 Life 66
  • Like 3

I am looking to book an excursion for next April in Curaçao when I am on the Horizon. Has anyone used Irie Tours, and if so have you done the West Beach Hopping Tour? How was it? TYIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did the East coast tour a few years ago. The guides were fantastic and we had a great time. I cannot recommend them enough.

I am looking to book an excursion for next April in Curaçao when I am on the Horizon. Has anyone used Irie Tours, and if so have you done the West Beach Hopping Tour? How was it? TYIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We booked with them and had a great time-rode around in an old school bus

I have never used a site to book Irie . When you walk through the entrance there are several people trying to get your business. Just look for the multi colored bus. They keep the cold beer coming . The rum factory was interesting as well.

We are doing the All West Beach Hopping tour with Irie next April. Our friends have done it and said it was by far their favorite excursion and they have done quite a few. I'm looking forward to it. Its the only excursion we have planned for our 4 port days.

We are doing the All West Beach Hopping tour with Irie next April. Our friends have done it and said it was by far their favorite excursion and they have done quite a few. I'm looking forward to it. Its the only excursion we have planned for our 4 port days.

Sounds interesting , what's included ?

• 5 months later...

We will be visiting Curacao in March next year and identified IRIETOURS as a company who had a tour that appealed to us.  However, having seen the last couple of posts on this thread I was a bit concerned about whether or not they were reliable.

I sent an email enquiry to them about 5 hours ago, I have already had a response from them confirming availability of the tour we want and have now just made an on-line booking.

I am not sure what the issue is with the previous 2 posts but I could not be more impressed with the level of service I have received from them.

Good luck everyone.

JOHN

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone provide information on tour times (Irie) - like when do they depart? Our ship is coming in at 10am , I'm sure it'll take an hour to get off the ship and 10-15 minutes to walk to their spot (unless it's right off the ship)...

Edited by jcmel
Left out company name

Our cruise arrives at 08.00 and IRIETOURS had advised our tour will start at 10.00.  They have asked we arrive 10 - 15 mins before that if possible so I am assuming they schedule their tours to begin 2 hours after docking.

I hope this helps. 

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 1:33 PM, BOOGALOO509 said:

We will be visiting Curacao in March next year and identified IRIETOURS as a company who had a tour that appealed to us.  However, having seen the last couple of posts on this thread I was a bit concerned about whether or not they were reliable.

I sent an email enquiry to them about 5 hours ago, I have already had a response from them confirming availability of the tour we want and have now just made an on-line booking.

I am not sure what the issue is with the previous 2 posts but I could not be more impressed with the level of service I have received from them.

Good luck everyone.

JOHN

Agreed. I just did the tour last week and it was great! Be sure to contact them through their website or email, they dont respond to Facebook quickly but I got an email reply within an hour. 

On 12/14/2018 at 7:20 PM, jcmel said:

Can anyone provide information on tour times (Irie) - like when do they depart? Our ship is coming in at 10am , I'm sure it'll take an hour to get off the ship and 10-15 minutes to walk to their spot (unless it's right off the ship)...

My ship got in at 10 and the tour left one hour later (noon local time, 11 ship time). It was plenty of time to get off of the ship and even wander around a little/take a few pictures nearby. This was last week on the Carnival Conquest 

Edited by Doggielover68

On 12/20/2018 at 2:59 PM, Ronaldo807 said:

Does anyone know what method of payment they prefer? Do they typically follow up close to the date of the tour to confirm your reservation?

They prefer cash but said on the tour that they could process credit cards in their office near the port after the tour. I recommend cash for convenience for this particular tour.