Cabins on the end of the ship

Aft staterooms are usually very popular due to the extra large balconies that most of them have. Another plus is the reduced traffic in the corridor. Downsides are the long walk to get anywhere, sometimes the vibration from propulsion/manuvering, and occasional soot.

Has anyone cruised on a RCL ship and stayed in a cabin at the very end of the bow or stern in an ocean view or balcony?

We have done the last ocean view room on Deck 9 of Majesty, and Aft balconies and Junior Suites on several ships. They are our absolute favorite. We book them every chance we can. In fact, other than one Majesty sailling this month, every other cruise we have booked is in an aft cabin. We LOVE the balconies, the views, and the quiet. We've never really noticed vibrations, and that I can think of, soot has never been an issue for us.

I have paid the extra cost to get an aft on the cruises with fantastic scenery. I had an aft for our Alaska cruise, and I booked one for next May, cruising through Norway.

I don't have to for any other cruise because my sister and her friends get connecting aft cabins, have the divider taken down, and we have cocktail hour sailaways over at their real estate!

If you enjoy quiet afternoons reclining on your balcony, this is absolutely worth it however.

Aft staterooms are usually very popular due to the extra large balconies that most of them have. Another plus is the reduced traffic in the corridor. Downsides are the long walk to get anywhere, sometimes the vibration from propulsion/manuvering, and occasional soot.

Also in general, cabins at either end of the ship tend to have more movement than those midship.

We have had the very front ocean view room on both Celebrity and Norwegian ships. They are fantastic cabins and I would guess similar on Royal Caribbean. You have extra room because of the slant which has also a larger window. Basically you have the same view as the Captain on the bridge. Never had a problem with motion.

These cabins are a hidden gem so don’t pass along this info.

We have had the very front ocean view room on both Celebrity and Norwegian ships. They are fantastic cabins and I would guess similar on Royal Caribbean. You have extra room because of the slant which has also a larger window. Basically you have the same view as the Captain on the bridge. Never had a problem with motion.

These cabins are a hidden gem so don’t pass along this info.

I've stayed in suites, oceanviews and insides. Only once have I stayed in a front facing ocean view, but really loved it! It was a very cool experience and I really enjoyed the view. There definitely is more ship movement felt and you are a farther walk from most amenities on the ship.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42735698&highlight=Stateroom+6204#post42735698

Aft is my favorite location. I have stayed aft many times on many different ships. I also splurged and stayed in one of the owners suites at the front of Empress (8506). It was a different experience with a very unusual balcony but the wind when underway made it difficult to enjoy.

We are wondering about cabin # 2659 at back of ship (6v) never bee so far back, so will we hear a lot of noise from engine or wherever or even motion.?

You don't hear engine noise, but you might feel vibration from propulsion, especially when manuvering near the dock.

This was Enchantment Junior Suite Aft/Corner #7166 a few years ago. As Bob said. We felt the boat when leaving Coco Cay. Also pulling into the ports. Not bad but you felt it on this ship. FYI- the walk was a challenge for some in our group.1462648_3792836395160_874340767_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f8a23c504e548f8f9cf9fad897b3238f&oe=5BAF3DA81398037_3792833715093_516000529_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9dee4ecc7442ad7834aedc81da02f828&oe=5B7D3DC5