What is current Diamond Balcony Discount?

What is the current discount for a balcony Diamond member; 7 night; booked more than 6 months out? Is it basically nothing with all the "sales" and can't be combined with anything?

It can be combined. Just do a mock booking logged in and without to see the difference

It can be combined. Just do a mock booking logged in and without to see the difference

Royal has made this such a pain in the neck it is not even funny anymore. Do you know if it is 200/225 or is it 225/250?

Royal has made this such a pain in the neck it is not even funny anymore. Do you know if it is 200/225 or is it 225/250?

200/225.

Note that with the constant fake "percent off" sales, you don't get the full balcony discount because they apply the discount to the fake base price and then take off the fake discount, so we only get a partial balcony discount anymore.

This! It doesn’t matter if a website says diamond discount 200/225 or 500. The real discount is what you get logged in versus not logged in acting as if first time cruiser.

Could be 25 or 50 or 43 etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I cant find where the "former" balcony discount is/was listed. I just assumed they quietly eliminated it.

To my knowledge, it was never listed on the website.

200/225.

Note that with the constant fake "percent off" sales, you don't get the full balcony discount because they apply the discount to the fake base price and then take off the fake discount, so we only get a partial balcony discount anymore.

(y)(y) This!

Diamond Plus balcony discount $36 should be $250 for a 7 night cruise which I did a mock booking. Don’t even know why they list these fake discounts as a benefit.

They have been very good at diminishing C&A benefits without explicitly removing them. If only they would use 1/10 of the effort they use at coming up with deceptive business practices on improving their website functionality.

• Like 1

I used our next cruise as an example. I ghost-booked it with a balcony, entering my C&A number in the "exclusive rates" section, and then backed out of the booking and re-ghosted it without the C&A number. What should have been my $350 balcony discount was a $275 discount. That was the different in price from with and without my C&A number.

The price, by the way, was almost exactly DOUBLE what I booked our ocean view for while on the Rhapsody in March 2018. I used to book balconies when my discount got me close to an ocean view price, but I pretty much ignore them now.

It's pro-rated, therefore it totals $226 for a 7 niter.;p

My total balcony discount was $36 intead of $250 for my mock booking. Any first time cruiser with RCL would only pay $36 more then a loyal C&A member. That’s ridiculous.

My total balcony discount was $36 intead of $250 for my mock booking. Any first time cruiser with RCL would only pay $36 more then a loyal C&A member. That’s ridiculous.

Does not make any sense. Is it a special. Did you enter your C&A # prior to selecting the number of cabins. Just because you logged in, it does not automatically give you the $250 BD.

Does not make any sense. Is it a special. Did you enter your C&A # prior to selecting the number of cabins. Just because you logged in, it does not automatically give you the $250 BD.

One of the current C&A perk diminution techniques employed by the company is the "instant discout". This has been deemed "not combinable" with the C&A balcony discount. So, for example, if there is a $200 instant discount on the cruise, and you have a $250 balcony discount, you may only see a $50 effective discount when you enter your C&A number. Also, because the C&A discount is reduced by the fake percent off, that $50 from the balcony discount is cut even further. Pretty soon it will be zero.

One of the current C&A perk diminution techniques employed by the company is the "instant discout". This has been deemed "not combinable" with the C&A balcony discount. So, for example, if there is a $200 instant discount on the cruise, and you have a $250 balcony discount, you may only see a $50 effective discount when you enter your C&A number. Also, because the C&A discount is reduced by the fake percent off, that $50 from the balcony discount is cut even further. Pretty soon it will be zero.

I understand now.

Bob, maybe you can educate me. On one of my booking. Harmony 2020 sail. Got $100 in OBCs for a non refundable fare. In addition to the BD of $250, got $100 off the fare for an item titled "BLST NO REF DEP." Did not bother to inquire as it was a found cred

I understand now.

Bob, maybe you can educate me. On one of my booking. Harmony 2020 sail. Got $100 in OBCs for a non refundable fare. In addition to the BD of $250, got $100 off the fare for an item titled "BLST NO REF DEP." Did not bother to inquire as it was a found cred

I believe BLST referred to Balcony/Suite and was an additional promo discount.

I did 2 different mock bookings for same cruise, same category, one without my C&A number, then went completely back & entered my C&A number. Don’t remember exact wording for the discounts (instant credit (discount) or OBC which everyone could get). I then did a few other cruises same way & my balcony discount worked out to be between $36-$125 instead of $250.

• 3 months later...

Bob, Thank you for explaining this. Not having cruised with Royal for a couple of years, I had been having a hard time trying to make sense of the quote (admittedly, not detailed) I've just received from my TA!

Out of interest, what percentage of bookings are made on a non-refundable basis do you think?

If I get the "equivalent" of a balcony discount, I don't care what they call it. I book a balcony; I get a discount. That's all that matters to me. However, I haven't booked a balcony since they started doubling the price between an OV and a balcony.

200/225.

Iv tried mustliple times to do a mock booking and cant. lol. Over a period of several weeks now. I guess RCL doesnt like my tablet.

So, I too am curious about the answer since I cant get the RCL site to do a mock booking.

I used our next cruise as an example. I ghost-booked it with a balcony, entering my C&A number in the "exclusive rates" section, and then backed out of the booking and re-ghosted it without the C&A number. What should have been my $350 balcony discount was a $275 discount. That was the different in price from with and without my C&A number.

The price, by the way, was almost exactly DOUBLE what I booked our ocean view for while on the Rhapsody in March 2018. I used to book balconies when my discount got me close to an ocean view price, but I pretty much ignore them now.

Balcony discount still working pretty good for us.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk