Looking for something more than the buffet!

How late were they open till on that first day?

Blue Iguana should be open 'til 2 or 2:30 pm each day. They also have really good breakfast burritos made to order -- and they're usually uncrowded for breakfast.

Guy's should be open 'til 6 pm. Wish it were 7 or 8.

Eat a late breakfast before you head to the ship, and you can skip the entire "feeding frenzy"....
Or save money, eat no breakfast, get on the ship ASAP and enjoy Guy's, Blue Iguana, pizza or deli for lunch, thereby avoiding the "feeding frenzy" at the buffet. And don't forget the Sea Day Brunch on the following day.

Thank you all so much!! I HATE the buffet line that first day! Glad to know there are other options

There will be lines where ever you go that first day. People are boarding the ship and wanting to eat so it is not as spread out as the remainder of the cruise. Blue Iguana generally has the shortest wait as many have not discovered it yet or if they have, it is further down on their list of things to try. To avoid lines, best bet is to board early.

Yes, I sailed on the refurbished Paradise.

Guy's and Blue Iguana were open for business when we got on. Also the deli -- I love the turkey sandwich!

I haven't sailed on the Paradise, but I've loved the deli on the Breeze and Freedom. My favorites were the reuben and the buffalo chicken.

Thank you all so much!! I HATE the buffet line that first day! Glad to know there are other options

Just remember all food venues and bars will close on embarkation day for the muster drill. Approximate times are listed in Fun Times which can be found at most bars and Guest Services on embarkation day. Have a great cruise!

Or save money, eat no breakfast, get on the ship ASAP and enjoy Guy's, Blue Iguana, pizza or deli for lunch, thereby avoiding the "feeding frenzy" at the buffet. And don't forget the Sea Day Brunch on the following day.

It is usually recommended to stay in the departure city the night before your cruise, and many hotels include a breakfast. Some ports don't start boarding until after 11:00 and I wouldn't want to wait that long to eat (especially since we are usually up by 6 or 7).

We aren't buffet fans either, but if other ships are like the Pride then you should know that Blue Iguana and Guys are almost extensions of the buffet and still counter service versus table service. Deli, Pizza Pirate, and Chop Sticks definitely felt like extensions of the buffet, much like the salad bar or dessert areas.

The different options do help with the crowding some though, and all but Chop Sticks have staff plating the food for you (if the germ issue is part of your buffet issue).

Also from A&J Family: "To avoid lines, best bet is to board early."

Alternatively, boarding late may avoid lines - but you do risk running into muster drill.

We tried Guy's on the Paradise in May and the burgers were great - not the usual perfectly round cookie cutter fast food burgers. Five Guys is expensive fast food quality to us - tried it once and would never return. Iguana Cantina is good, too. So, there are good alternatives to the buffet on embarkation day.