Me, #theboy, and the unwanted guest on Allure

Why are you calling your son #theboy? It makes him sound like the rotten step child you make sleep under the stairs. Or maybe I’ve just watched too much Harry Potter.

Your review is entertainingly written and I like it, but I’m on page 12 and finding myself offended for your son at this point, lol. Reminds me of a lady on my roll call who called her son’s wife “his woman,” which always sounded so offensive. Anyway, carry on....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP explains it at one point....her son says #(everything) so it's their inside joke. He sounds like a great kid, and as you continue, you'll see they have a good relationship!

Thanks for the review! I am counting down to my cruise on the Allure and enjoyed reading about your experiences (series of unfortunate events). Read all 19 pages in one sitting. This was my favorite response that made me laugh out loud:

You're supposed to back-hand your kid if they have a fever????:eek: That doesn't sound right .... :confused:

Why are you calling your son #theboy? It makes him sound like the rotten step child you make sleep under the stairs. Or maybe I’ve just watched too much Harry Potter.

Your review is entertainingly written and I like it, but I’m on page 12 and finding myself offended for your son at this point, lol. Reminds me of a lady on my roll call who called her son’s wife “his woman,” which always sounded so offensive. Anyway, carry on....

I'm always surprised at how differently people see the world.

Part of the reason most readers find this review entertaining is precisely because of the slightly irreverent prose. #theboy being a prime example.

There is no reason to be offended on behalf of someone else, especially someone else you don't know and don't care to read that #theboy isn't offended at being called #theboy. Smile more.

Well, if I knew how to post a picture of the Mother's Day card my son gave me I would. Rather than writing "Mom" on the outside of the envelope it said "Nerd". That's just how we roll.

Anyway, I came back to let anyone know who might have been curious, trip insurance did in fact pay my claim! They will reimburse me the $377 I paid Southwest to change my flights from 8:00pm to 9:45am on the day of embarkation. Yippee!

Well, if I knew how to post a picture of the Mother's Day card my son gave me I would. Rather than writing "Mom" on the outside of the envelope it said "Nerd". That's just how we roll.

Anyway, I came back to let anyone know who might have been curious, trip insurance did in fact pay my claim! They will reimburse me the $377 I paid Southwest to change my flights from 8:00pm to 9:45am on the day of embarkation. Yippee!

Fantastic news Nerd!

Loved your report and we roll the same way! What we call each other sometimes out of love, I'm not going to post, you can take the hit for all of us LOL

We sail in two weeks with my family of 20 (including my dh, dd-24, ds-20) and cannot wait!

Fantastic news Nerd!

Loved your report and we roll the same way! What we call each other sometimes out of love, I'm not going to post, you can take the hit for all of us LOL

We sail in two weeks with my family of 20 (including my dh, dd-24, ds-20) and cannot wait!

I love it! We often say to each other, "gosh, if someone actually heard how we talk to each other they'd think we hated each other?!!!"

Have a blast when you sail!!

Whenever I give my parents cards for occasions I write stupid stuff on the outside, too. "The Oldens" or "Old Mother Hubbard" or "Gramps" or "The Old Folks" or something stupid. They shake their heads and laugh.

Now I have an unwanted guest to take on my cruise in three weeks. A "roll-about." It's a knee scooter to keep me non-weight bearing. CBW.

Oh that's a bummer. But yes... CBW. At least you're still going! Enjoy.

Dear OP,

I just read your entire trip saga and LOVED it! Not gonna lie-I did not read all of the extras supplied by your wide and varied audience. My fam and I will be on Oasis in November and I feel you have set the bar quite high for future cruise reviewers. Thank you for your honest and entertaining review.

Oh that's a bummer. But yes... CBW. At least you're still going! Enjoy.

Yes! Three weeks away. I have a follow up with my ortho the week before hoping that I don't need the roll-about, just my walking boot. We shall see.

Yes! Three weeks away. I have a follow up with my ortho the week before hoping that I don't need the roll-about, just my walking boot. We shall see.

Keep that knee scooter, even if doc says you don't require it anymore. That ship is big and you will be glad you have it at the end of the day.:cool:

• 1 month later...