Can the bunks be folded away during the day?

rb141

Most of my cruises have been on Disney Cruise Line and my experience there was that the room steward folded the bunks away during the day so the sofa could be used.

I cruised the Vista last summer and the beds stayed out the entire time making the room very cramped for 4 people. I am assuming they stayed out because the room was serviced only once per day. If I ask for service twice per day, will the beds be put away? I am assuming I shouldn't attempt to fold them away myself.

We will be on the Vista again in 2 weeks so this was obviously not a deal breaker...just wondering what my options are.

Most of my cruises have been on Disney Cruise Line and my experience there was that the room steward folded the bunks away during the day so the sofa could be used.

I cruised the Vista last summer and the beds stayed out the entire time making the room very cramped for 4 people. I am assuming they stayed out because the room was serviced only once per day. If I ask for service twice per day, will the beds be put away? I am assuming I shouldn't attempt to fold them away myself.

We will be on the Vista again in 2 weeks so this was obviously not a deal breaker...just wondering what my options are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you could push it up out of the way. not put it completly away.

but curious how does putting the upper beds away make more room in the cabin?

When the beds are in the bunk configuration with the ladder, you really can't use the area for sitting space. You are right that it does not make the cabin bigger but it is nice to have somewhere to sit without bumping your head.

We had an interior cabin with Pullman beds two years ago. They have two pivot points. One folds the bed section vertical, the other swings the entire bed up into the ceiling. Our steward folded the bed section into the vertical position during the day. It left us enough room to walk by without hitting it. On occasion, I'd just do it myself.

Unlike other cruise lines, the cabin steward will not remake the sofa bed into a sofa each morning or raise the upper bunks.

We even talk to Guest Services who told us it would not be done.

Yes, they said the same to us until I cut my scalp on the corner of the bunk and they magically changed their tune tout de suite.

After the first day, our upper bunk stayed down and the lower couch stayed a bed. It took up a lot of our much needed floor space but we managed to work around it. Like another comment said, my kids liked that they were beds all of the time so they could lay in them.

We ask for them to be put up during the day and have never been refused. Once, a room steward pushed back a bit and pretended like he did not know what we were talking about. But DH is very good at dealing with people and explained it. lol. We always tip extra at the end of the cruise.

We ask for them to be put up during the day and have never been refused. Once, a room steward pushed back a bit and pretended like he did not know what we were talking about. But DH is very good at dealing with people and explained it. lol. We always tip extra at the end of the cruise.

I wouldn't tip extra for this. All the cruise lines, except Carnival will change the room into the day time room, and evening room. Just a Carnival cut-back in service.

I wouldn't tip extra for this. All the cruise lines, except Carnival will change the room into the day time room, and evening room. Just a Carnival cut-back in service.

My experience dates back six years, so if it is a cutback, it is not a new one.

My experience dates back six years, so if it is a cutback, it is not a new one.
Feel free to ignore that user. He had one bad experience aboard Carnival and no longer cruises with them, so he says. According to him, he only comes here to talk trash and try to convince others to switch cruise lines. In the end, it's more trash than anything worthwhile. "Cutback" is just a buzzword some people have used (and abused) lately to put down the line.