Kids Clubs 101 - Just off Harmony

Just wanted to share some info of what we experienced and saw with the Kids Clubs on the HOTS last week. If your child is 1 year away from the next group, they have step up forms they will allow you to fill out, easy and simple. 11 year olds can go to 12-14 group, 8 year olds can go to 9-11.

My youngest LOVED his time there, however their sign in and sign out process leaves a lot to be desired. Long lines often at pickup and drop off. And they "close" the kids Clubs from 12-2, and 5-7. Also they.are no longer free after 10pm.

Thanks for the info.

The next question will be "My child will be 5 days before his/her 11th birthday when we cruise. How strict are they ... ".

Haha, can't help them there. But it's nice to know that option is available to those who are 1 year under the age group.

Never free after 10PM. Never knew there was a step up program. Does anyone know if this is on all the ships?

First I've heard of there being a formal program at all.

Don't remember ever being free after 10:00. There has been a charge for at least 6 years - at least on the ships we have sailed.

When we sailed with Disney they opened at 9am and stayed open til 10pm-midnight every night! None of this closing for 2 hours as 12pm and 5pm garbage. Disappointing how many "corners" RC seems to be cutting.

My kids have not been in the official kids clubs for over 10 years but it was this way back then. They want you to take the kids to eat unless it is one of their special nights to take the kids to the buffet. And btw it cost after 10 pm back then as well, so no cutting corners just a different model.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

When we sailed with Disney they opened at 9am and stayed open til 10pm-midnight every night! None of this closing for 2 hours as 12pm and 5pm garbage. Disappointing how many "corners" RC seems to be cutting.

RC is not cutting corners - it has always been that way.

Disney is a different cruise line! By the way you pay for it in other ways! Disney is much more expensive in the first place. You can't compare the two programs.

On Royal Adventure Ocean always had limited hrs operation, My kids were charged during the midnite group on multiple ships in 1997-2003, it's nothing new... Got to remember Disney is a Family cruise always had lots of kids, Royal even today while sailing on multiple B2B ships one sailing only 100 kids, next one there was probably 10. But newer the Royal ships are more kids they have. Never took my kids on Disney when younger, though wanted I could do 2 sailings on Royal for same price in the same type cabin...

No cutting corners. We first sailed with our DGS when he was 7 (now 20 in college), AO closed for lunch and dinner then (at some point they started taking them to dinner but we always preferred eating as a family) and always charged a nominal amount after 10. He sailed Disney the prior year with his parents and hated their kids club.

Anyone know if a 12 year old can step down (she is size of a 10 year old) and wants to be with 10 year old brother and went on cruise last year and loved kids club. I also don’t want her on with 17 year old boys!

On Royal Adventure Ocean always had limited hrs operation, My kids were charged during the midnite group on multiple ships in 1997-2003, it's nothing new... Got to remember Disney is a Family cruise always had lots of kids, Royal even today while sailing on multiple B2B ships one sailing only 100 kids, next one there was probably 10. But newer the Royal ships are more kids they have. Never took my kids on Disney when younger, though wanted I could do 2 sailings on Royal for same price in the same type cabin...

A 7 day Harmony vs a 7 day on Disney Fantasy is not as big of a price difference as you would think. Check it out, you'll be shocked like I was. I guess the old saying, you get what you pay for. Even with food, Disney will offer you Filet Mignon as an option for dinner, RCI will charge you $16.95, or give you 3 thin slices for free one night with their Roasted Beef Tenderloin entree.

A 7 day Harmony vs a 7 day on Disney Fantasy is not as big of a price difference as you would think. Check it out, you'll be shocked like I was. I guess the old saying, you get what you pay for. Even with food, Disney will offer you Filet Mignon as an option for dinner, RCI will charge you $16.95, or give you 3 thin slices for free one night with their Roasted Beef Tenderloin entree.

Well lets look at this, I just chose the month of October, cheapest oceanview balcony (not including gtys) all per pax no tax and fees

October 6th

Harmony $1031

Fantasy $1911

$1600 per cabin savings

October 13th

Harmony $931

Fantasy $1666

$1400 per cabin savings

October 20th

Harmony $1392

Fantasy $1764

$800 per cabin savings

October 27th

Harmony $1031

Fantasy $1624

$1200 per cabin savings

Then I just chose 1 spring break date just to see if they were maybe a lil closer, Wowsers!!

March 9, 10

Harmony $1151

Fantasy $2772

$3200 per cabin difference.

I dont know, those are pretty big price differences to me. Just sayn....

Would you mind to share what date you found comparable pricing on Harmony and Fantasy? I can never seem to find a Disney cruise for anywhere remotely close to Royal. I would love to do more Disney cruising but like the other poster stated I can usually do 2 RCCL for the price of 1 Disney. I just checked Harmony and Fantasy for spring break 2019. Harmony was $3882 for balcony cabin for 3 while Fantasy was $7436. What's your secret in finding these deals?? Enquiring minds want to know! :D

Hard to compare Disney ships to Oasis class ships like the Harmony, especially pools. Food is very subjective. Still find Disney much more expensive.

Well lets look at this, I just chose the month of October, cheapest oceanview balcony (not including gtys) all per pax no tax and fees

October 6th

Harmony $1031

Fantasy $1911

$1600 per cabin savings

October 13th

Harmony $931

Fantasy $1666

$1400 per cabin savings

October 20th

Harmony $1392

Fantasy $1764

$800 per cabin savings

October 27th

Harmony $1031

Fantasy $1624

$1200 per cabin savings

Then I just chose 1 spring break date just to see if they were maybe a lil closer, Wowsers!!

March 9, 10

Harmony $1151

Fantasy $2772

$3200 per cabin difference.

I dont know, those are pretty big price differences to me. Just sayn....

Looks like Harmony has come down in price now that Symphony sails the Caribbean now. I just compared the Fantasy to Symphony and it's about a $2000 difference for my family of 5 to travel on June 9, 2019 for example. It would have been less of a difference when Disney first released the dates because their prices go up as time passes, unlike RCI where it can fluctuate up and down between now and the sailing date. After recently going on RCI, the extra $400 per person is well worth it in our opinion and it's definitely not the price of 2 RCI cruises. The extra $57 per day per person is well worth it for the better quality food and overall service. Just depends on what's important to you I guess.

Also, once you go on a Disney cruise they give you a 10% discount on a future cruise if you book a placeholder. So now that $2000 difference is only $1100!

As I explained when my kids were younger(all in College now), in 1997-2003 we could do 2 cruises on Royal for one on Disney. Trust me I checked prices frequently back then... Not that Disney is much closer in price now, just did a quick check, I would still spend double on a Disney Cruise then Royal. "BUT" this is with my extended Solo above 340 point discounts on Royal...

Just wanted to share some info of what we experienced and saw with the Kids Clubs on the HOTS last week. If your child is 1 year away from the next group, they have step up forms they will allow you to fill out, easy and simple. 11 year olds can go to 12-14 group, 8 year olds can go to 9-11.

My youngest LOVED his time there, however their sign in and sign out process leaves a lot to be desired. Long lines often at pickup and drop off. And they "close" the kids Clubs from 12-2, and 5-7. Also they.are no longer free after 10pm.

Harmony...Adventure Ocean..."closed" from 5-7pm. :confused: This wasn't the case when we sailed on HOTS last (2017) March. We dropped our little at the Aquanauts at 5:30pm and they (staff) took them to dinner in a closed off area of the WJ and then back to the kids club for the evening program. So this change must be new.

Looks like Harmony has come down in price now that Symphony sails the Caribbean now. I just compared the Fantasy to Symphony and it's about a $2000 difference for my family of 5 to travel on June 9, 2019 for example. It would have been less of a difference when Disney first released the dates because their prices go up as time passes, unlike RCI where it can fluctuate up and down between now and the sailing date. After recently going on RCI, the extra $400 per person is well worth it in our opinion and it's definitely not the price of 2 RCI cruises. The extra $57 per day per person is well worth it for the better quality food and overall service. Just depends on what's important to you I guess.

Also, once you go on a Disney cruise they give you a 10% discount on a future cruise if you book a placeholder. So now that $2000 difference is only $1100!

Not seeing it...June 9th, 2019 (before taxes)

Symphony- Balcony for 2 and inside for 3-$7000

Fantasy-Balcony for 2 and inside for 3 -$11700

$4700 difference

Symphony Balcony for 2 and Balcony for 3 $7800

Fantasy Balcony for 2 and a balcony for 3 $12300

$4500 Difference

But you're right its your experience and your money.

Has anyone had experience with a child moving down an age group? Our group has 4 kids, ages 9, 9, 11, & 12. We are hoping that the 12 yr old can move down to be with the rest of the kids...

I’m wondering the same! When are you sailing? I’m in August-I’ll let you know.