What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Where will the bid banner/button be in my NCL home page, anyone has a snapshot of what it looks like? I don't want to miss it if it shows up. Thanks.

Just check you messages on NCL.com -it will say Lets Get You Upgraded. You may get an email as well. and the banner. I got mine at the exactly 80 day point which was this week.

Reading all the comments someone said spa rooms don,t get offers, why and another thread said if someone wins a spa room they don’t get use of spa, is that correct?

Spa rooms are getting offers again. They seem to have broken spa balconies and mini-suites out into their own categories and are letting people bid on those. Your spa pass is associated with the room. If you bid FROM a spa room to a non-spa room, you lose your privileges. If you bid from a non-spa room TO a spa room, you gain the privileges. If someone said otherwise on another thread, they were mistaken.

Where can you check on the status of your upgrade bid? Some people have mentioned that they see “pending” but where is that?

Use that URL link for the UpgradeAdvantage Offer that NCL emailed you, or log into your MyNCL account online, then, go to the Offer link -

Click the link(s) for Review Your Offer ... on the upper right sector should display your status - typically "Pending". It would switch to "Processing" if your offer for that category was just accepted - this interim status can last anywhere from just a few hours to a full 24 hours plus.

When that's completed, it would show "Upgraded" and by then, your credit card should've been charged - and, a new stateroom assigned, or shortly thereafter.

Good luck as only those with "active" bids in their reservations can see this ...

P.S. On Spa Balcony biddings - yes, it is now a specific category by itself, with a higher minimum bid for the same sailing vis-a-vis a "regular" balcony upgrade bid offer.

Just check you messages on NCL.com -it will say Lets Get You Upgraded. You may get an email as well. and the banner. I got mine at the exactly 80 day point which was this week.
Ok, that's great, thanks. I'll be looking for it, coming up soon. [emoji1]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

We are currently on an inside cabin and in a location which I very much like. It is on deck 10 Aft on NCL Spirit which will provide easy access to the back pool/deck and I believe that location will be better than any oceanview cabin (let me know if got this logic wrong). I would not mind changing cabin to a balcony, if the price is right, but right now NCL website have both inside/oceanview categories at the same price. So, I have a change at "calling for an upsell" to an oceanview for a minimal charge but I really don't want to change our inside cabin.

Q: if I were to bid for a balcony, do I have a better chance at wining the bid, if biding from an inside cabin or if biding from an oceanview cabin? Assuming I bid the same $$ amount in both cases.

We are currently on an inside cabin and in a location which I very much like. It is on deck 10 Aft on NCL Spirit which will provide easy access to the back pool/deck and I believe that location will be better than any oceanview cabin (let me know if got this logic wrong). I would not mind changing cabin to a balcony, if the price is right, but right now NCL website have both inside/oceanview categories at the same price. So, I have a change at "calling for an upsell" to an oceanview for a minimal charge but I really don't want to change our inside cabin.

Q: if I were to bid for a balcony, do I have a better chance at wining the bid, if biding from an inside cabin or if biding from an oceanview cabin? Assuming I bid the same $$ amount in both cases.

I think the only reason you *might* have a better chance winning an upgrade from Ocean View versus Inside is because there is potential for someone else to bid up to your room. So, say you bid $200 for the upgrade. Going from Inside to Balcony, you aren't freeing up a room for another upgrade to occur. But if you are going from an OV to a Balcony, in theory, someone else may have put in a bid to upgrade from inside to Ocean View, so now NCL is getting YOUR $200, plus however much the other passenger is paying for their upgrade. However, I don't know that I would recommend paying outright to move to an OV now with the hope of winning the Balcony bid, because if you lose, you will be stuck in an OV you are less happy with than your current Interior room. If I were you and I was genuinely more happy with the location of my interior room than I would be with an OV, then I would keep my interior, bid what I was comfortable with on the Balcony, and just hope for the best.

I’m not familiar with the bidding process but want to be just in case it ever pops up as an option.

We currently have two cabins booked on Breakaway in March. If we bid and somehow get approved to upgrade to a 2 bedroom haven suite, can we combine both rooms into the bid? We wouldn’t need two cabins if we lucked out on the suite :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not familiar with the bidding process but want to be just in case it ever pops up as an option.

We currently have two cabins booked on Breakaway in March. If we bid and somehow get approved to upgrade to a 2 bedroom haven suite, can we combine both rooms into the bid? We wouldn’t need two cabins if we lucked out on the suite :)

No, that is not an option. You would bid or not per room. If one won and the other didn't you would still have the 2nd original room and you would be past final payment, so no option to cancel that booking for a refund. If both won, you'd get two two-bedrooms and probably be out a lot of money!

Here is the section of the FAQ from the NCL web site:

10. If I have two reservations can I bid only once and if accepted, cancel the second reservation and move the guests into the upgraded cabin?

No, if you have two cabins you will need to submit two separate bids and they will be considered independently. NCL cannot guarantee that both reservations will be upgraded. In the case that one of the reservations gets upgraded, you cannot move the other guests into the upgraded cabin. All reservations cancelled within the penalty period will be subject to cancellation fees.

No, that is not an option. You would bid or not per room. If one won and the other didn't you would still have the 2nd original room and you would be past final payment, so no option to cancel that booking for a refund. If both won, you'd get two two-bedrooms and probably be out a lot of money!

Here is the section of the FAQ from the NCL web site:

Thanks—that’s a bummer but glad to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the only reason you *might* have a better chance winning an upgrade from Ocean View versus Inside is because there is potential for someone else to bid up to your room. So, say you bid $200 for the upgrade. Going from Inside to Balcony, you aren't freeing up a room for another upgrade to occur. But if you are going from an OV to a Balcony, in theory, someone else may have put in a bid to upgrade from inside to Ocean View, so now NCL is getting YOUR $200, plus however much the other passenger is paying for their upgrade. However, I don't know that I would recommend paying outright to move to an OV now with the hope of winning the Balcony bid, because if you lose, you will be stuck in an OV you are less happy with than your current Interior room. If I were you and I was genuinely more happy with the location of my interior room than I would be with an OV, then I would keep my interior, bid what I was comfortable with on the Balcony, and just hope for the best.

Thanks : -) I agree, I am keeping my interior room and hope for the best if the bid chance comes over. (y)

I agree with JamieLogical.

As to whether your interior is better than any OV, that’s hard to say. From your signature, you seem to be an experienced cruiser. If you have sailed in and loved interior cabins, than maybe, for you, that interior is indeed better than all the OV’s. I know some people like dark cabins, but personally I crave natural light in my cabin. So, for me almost any OV cabin would be better than your interior. As JamieLogical says, you cannot count on winning your bid, so try to make sure you like your booked cabin. If for you that is an interior on deck 10, so be it.

I agree with JamieLogical.

As to whether your interior is better than any OV, that’s hard to say. From your signature, you seem to be an experienced cruiser. If you have sailed in and loved interior cabins, than maybe, for you, that interior is indeed better than all the OV’s. I know some people like dark cabins, but personally I crave natural light in my cabin. So, for me almost any OV cabin would be better than your interior. As JamieLogical says, you cannot count on winning your bid, so try to make sure you like your booked cabin. If for you that is an interior on deck 10, so be it.

Thanks Starry Eyes! I do agree that any OV cabin is better than an interior cabin and I would look to change it in a heartbeat if I didn't like the location of this inside cabin. I may end up regretting this decision if the ship Aft has vibration when docking (...while sleeping in the mornings), we experienced that once on a Princess ship but we did love the location and accessibility to the outside/upper decks from the back of the ship.

Oh well just got the email (48 hrs prior to cruising) that the bid was not accepted :D

We are on the Sun , OV, the bid was for balcony and mini suite it was in the high poor range LOL

The cruise was sold out to begin with so I wasn't expecting anything. Good thing I now know what bidding is and how it works :D

Has anyone sailing on the September 30th sailing for the Getaway heard anything about their possible upgrade? We're still waiting on ours!

Either way we can't wait!!!

Chris and Haley

Getaway Haven bids (assuming that's what you're looking for) are processed the Tuesday prior to sailing. At least that was my experience in July and is consistent with what other reports on this and the other thread.

Just got notice that “Your Stateroom has been upgraded to Mini-Suite Stateroom with Balcony.”

This is for a November 5, 2018 cruise on the Jade. I bid the minimum of $100 per person and I am very surprised to get the bid accepted at all and also to hear this early.

That said, I am not sure we will be better off with a far forward deck 11 Mini Suite than we were with the mid ship balcony we had.

We are platinum with NCL, don’t know if that had any impact.

Just got notice that “Your Stateroom has been upgraded to Mini-Suite Stateroom with Balcony.”

This is for a November 5, 2018 cruise on the Jade. I bid the minimum of $100 per person and I am very surprised to get the bid accepted at all and also to hear this early.

That said, I am not sure we will be better off with a far forward deck 11 Mini Suite than we were with the mid ship balcony we had.

We are platinum with NCL, don’t know if that had any impact.

Can you tell us if your sailing is still available for booking on the NCL web site or whether prices have dropped today?

Edit: Never mind, I just looked up your sailing. I see that currently, Balconies are nearly sold out and there seem to still be a lot of mini-suites available, despite the fact that mini-suites are only listed at $130 more than the balconies. I would suspect that since the balconies were selling out and the price difference is minimal, they went ahead and upgraded some people to make more balconies available? If you paid $100 per person, you only "saved" $30 per person over the current prices. Meanwhile they now have more balconies to sell, since they seem to be in higher demand.

Edit again: Not trying to poo poo your upgrade acceptance. Just trying to understand why your bid might have been processed so early. Congratulations!

Edited by JamieLogical

We are in a B9 Spa Balcony on NCL Getaway and we received the upgrade message at precisely 80 days. We have 2 rooms booked with 3 pax each. Minimum bids (per person for 2) were:

1. H2 - Deluxe Owners Suite: $1,500

2. H3 - Owners Suite: $1,500

3. H4 - 2 Bedroom: $1,000

4. H6 - Aft Penthouse: $750

5. H7 - Forward facing penthouse: $400

6. Spa Minisuite: $50

I originally placed a bid on both rooms, but have since cancelled because I would only be interested in upgrading to the Haven, but only if BOTH rooms were upgraded which is not guaranteed. I also wanted the 2 bedrooms because we need the extra beds and I think the $2K price is way too steep for a minimum bid. We only paid $3,100 per room including tips and since we booked on black friday we got free drinks, 3 upgraded meals, wifi, and $50 credit per excursion. We would lose spa access which would cost over $1K for the 4 adults traveling. I got so excited to try to bid to upgrade the room until I realized it was ridiculous to pay so much - we could go on another cruise for the cost of upgrading to the Haven.

But is it worth upgrading to the spa minisuite? It sounds like the only difference is a slightly bigger bathroom and better shower. I'm not sure that is really worth $100.

Also, has anyone had any luck addressing bidding issues by calling the upgrade number, or does that get you nowhere? (I saw an earlier post that someone asked if they would take less and ultimately NCL did reduce the upgrade cost, but that was many months ago when NCL was still transitioning to the new system).