What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

28 minutes ago, Norovirus595 said:

Shoulda kept the angled balcony

The angled balcony is great, but we were going to do the spa regardless.  Now we will be much closer to the spa, and generally don't spend a ton of time enjoying the balcony during the cruise.  We get to the port early and hope to get Vibe, and haven't missed out on it yet.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:37 PM, cmego2 said:

We have just received THE email everyone bidding waits to receive........."You've been awarded an upgrade advantage!"

We are sailing on the Gem departing from NYC on November 15th so we are 17 days away from sail-away.  We were originally booked in a BB category balcony stateroom on Deck 10, and we will now be in an SC 2-bedroom family suite!  We were also bidding on two different Haven categories, and all of my bids were bare minimum.  I modified our bids lowering them after noticing that the minimum bids had been lowered on the upgrade advantage site roughly 10 days ago.  Everyone needs to periodically check to see if that's the case for your respective sailings.  

It's been 18 years since we've sailed in a suite; we're looking forward to it as it may be another 18 years before we're in a suite again! 😳

Congratulations!

We are on your same cruise - and counting the days! Originally we were going to put in a pathetically low bid on the GV just to say "we tried" - however, after seeing that no GV was available (and staying in an H4 which is my dream suite) we chose to stay out of the fray. I am so happy for you and your family - the Gem is great...the suite life is even better!!!

Amy

2 hours ago, amygutman said:

Congratulations!

We are on your same cruise - and counting the days! Originally we were going to put in a pathetically low bid on the GV just to say "we tried" - however, after seeing that no GV was available (and staying in an H4 which is my dream suite) we chose to stay out of the fray. I am so happy for you and your family - the Gem is great...the suite life is even better!!!

Amy

Ok the bids are being awarded. Afraid to check my bids! 

So, my Nov 19th sailing on the Star is offline because it is completely sold out. I bid from a gty mini ( all that was available when booked) to all Suites. My bids range from fair to excellent. I bid more than the original asking price minus the cost of payment already rendered for all six bids. This will be my first trip not in a suite on NCL. I love the Haven(although not available on Dawn class) and suites. I enjoy dining in my cabin. I love the pillow menu, butlers and Concierge. I will be okay though. Not sure where to get coffee, breakfast or lunch. Not sure if room service delivery is any good. I’ll figure it out for sure. I do know how to find the martini tastings! Cheers everyone and good luck. 😉 I am Platinum Plus, I’ve got this!

Cherie

Edited by Nalagh

35 minutes ago, Midship said:

after saying pending, can it go to expired??

Expired means the bid was not accepted.  If you placed more than one, check to see if one says Processing.  That's the golden ticket.  If one is processing then the others will show expired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midship said:

after saying pending, can it go to expired??

Yes.  Pending just means it is possible, processing means it has been accepted and is being charged to your cc, and once they either accept (processing) or decline at 48 hours before sailing, they switch to expired.  

13 hours ago, boopsahoy said:

Ok the bids are being awarded. Afraid to check my bids! 

What I did was use a credit card that alerts me via text any time it is not present and being charged, so while winterizing my boats motors when I looked to see who was texting me it was card saying I had a $2320.00 charge without card present, I knew my penthouse with large balcony was accepted lol.

• Like 3

NCL BLISS 11/24/2018 SAILING 

GTY OCEANVIEW FOR 2 ($1661.00) TO B1 AFT FACING BALCONY FOR ($330.00 TOTAL, FAIR) 

TOTAL PAID WITH UPGRADE $1991.00

CURRENT OUTRIGHT  BOOKING PRICE  $3211.00

TOTAL SAVINGS: $1220.00 ALTHOUGH I WONT GET DRINK PACKAGE (DONT DRINK DONT CARE)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, amygutman said:

Congratulations!

Amy

We plan to do the Haven at some point, but we will only do that on one of Norwegian's mega-ships.  We sailed the Inaugural on the Escape several years ago, and some friends of ours were in the Haven.  We were given a brief tour, and we know enough to realize that the smaller NCL ships don't offer what we would be looking for when it comes to the Haven experience.  Ironically, the Escape has been my least favorite of the Norwegian ships.   We really enjoy the Jewel Class most of all as well as the Sun.

I'm thrilled that you are in your "dream suite".  I know you'll enjoy the private Haven pool area, and my husband is jealous.  I put in a pathetic bid for the H4 knowing that it would not be enough.  He'll survive with the SC, and we can use the second bedroom to store our luggage.  😳  We will enjoy the suite perks; I've been lucky enough to have them once in the past while sailing in a balcony cabin......long story as to how that came to be!

See you onboard in a couple weeks; join the Roll Call for the Meet & Greet if you are interested.

- Khristine -

1 hour ago, cmego2 said:

We plan to do the Haven at some point, but we will only do that on one of Norwegian's mega-ships.  We sailed the Inaugural on the Escape several years ago, and some friends of ours were in the Haven.  We were given a brief tour, and we know enough to realize that the smaller NCL ships don't offer what we would be looking for when it comes to the Haven experience.  Ironically, the Escape has been my least favorite of the Norwegian ships.   We really enjoy the Jewel Class most of all as well as the Sun.

I'm thrilled that you are in your "dream suite".  I know you'll enjoy the private Haven pool area, and my husband is jealous.  I put in a pathetic bid for the H4 knowing that it would not be enough.  He'll survive with the SC, and we can use the second bedroom to store our luggage.  😳  We will enjoy the suite perks; I've been lucky enough to have them once in the past while sailing in a balcony cabin......long story as to how that came to be!

See you onboard in a couple weeks; join the Roll Call for the Meet & Greet if you are interested.

- Khristine -

Thanks Kristine - This will be the first cruise in a while we have not actively participated in roll call - honestly, I've been slammed at work and feel that I can't contribute like I have in the past (we are avid party-favor makers). However...we always love meeting up with fellow cruise-a-holics!

Am counting down the days - and hoping that Boopsahoy gets some good news on their GV bid for the Nov 15th Gem. Its funny - a pre-concierge (not the fantastic woman I usually work with) at NCL called me to check on a reservation changed and asked if we were planning to utilize the upgrade bidding system. She said the majority of folks are offered the opportunity (I guess some TAs do not participate), but she has no idea who bids nor what they bid.

It's also funny - the H1, H2, and H3s are all listed as being sold out for weeks (months for the H2 and H3) and yet she was still curious if we were bidding for non-existent rooms. I suppose if the H1 goes out for bid that opens up an H2 or H3 for another Haven guest to upgrade to, but I honestly think it's data mining at this point. Not that I care - NCL runs a successful business for a reason...and for a profit!

I do look forward seeing you on board - it would be lovely putting a face to a name. 

Warmest - Amy

• Like 1

I called NCL general reservation  number to ask to be sent an invitation to bid. The  agent had never heard of the ability to request this. Her info said that it was "random" who gets the invitation, and out of her control. We are at day 67. I guess I'll wait a bit more, will probably just upgrade directly--expect the price to drop a bit. Has anyone with a cruise past Jan 1 received an invitation? 

3 hours ago, Cruisennerable said:

You contacted NCL and they sent you a bid at your request?

Oct 2017 Breakaway bid offer 80 days out, Aug. 2018 Pearl bid offer 80 days out, Escape 2019 75 days out no bid offer called them they sent a bid offer.

Book sailing on Escape for Bermuda on August 31st (October 14-21 cruise from NY):

Balcony (Sail-Away GTY), paid 1005$/pp (Canadian, rate was about 1.35) - plain with no bonus offer

Mini-Suite (Sail-Away GTY) was selling at 1203$/pp

Bid on SailAway Mini: 75$CND/pp, which was low-poor (1 tick more then the lowest option)... funny thing is that the price difference between both rooms was 198$/pp and still... bidding 200$ was still considered a poor bid if i remember, so those "bidding tips" are really not relevant...

My bid was declined about 2 days before sailing... in my mind, my bid was fair since i already had a mid-ship balcony assigned from my GTY, i think i might have got it if the ship wouldn't have been full.

We bid just over the minimum offer for a balcony from an oceanview on the POA cruise and didn't get it. Oh well, I know that's a ship you're not on much since there's a port every day, so it's not a huge deal I guess. 

Edited by DelanaeK