Cannot Access Booking/Pay Balance Due

I've been having issues with the Royal Caribbean cruise planner website and trying to access my booking by entering the 7 digit reservation number. The website would respond by either asking for a 9 digit reservation number or by saying, "There Was An Error Connecting To The Server. Please Call To Make A Payment On Your Booking."

I reached out to RCI about this via social media on June 15th and they told me the site was undergoing routine maintenance so to call and make payment. I'm not comfortable giving my CC# over the phone, so I tried to wait out the maintenance. I was still getting the same errors today, so I contacted them again. Finally, after they attempted to access the booking on their end and were able to, they explained that I should be using Google Chrome. I'm on a Mac Book so my default browser is Safari. This was a VERY simple solution, so I wanted to share it here and hopefully save the trouble for anyone else who encounters it. I don't know why their very first suggestion wasn't telling me to try Chrome, I am surely not the first person who encountered the issue.

But! On the other hand - if someone attempts to do this in Chrome and it does not work, this can happen too. ...Speaking from experience of having tried accessing the Cruise Planner/other various logged in RC websites and not being able to access across multiple browsers. Gotta love RC's user experience team and whoever does their SSO work. :)

I too am having trouble accessing my Cruise Planner and online check-in. It can’t be ‘routine maintenance’ since this has been going on for 2 days now. I called and after being on hold for 30 minutes, the representative said she logged in ‘just fine’ and it suddenly worked. I looked a a price and sent an email to a friend. When I came back to my reservation, I was not able to get in again.

I’ve logged out and back in, cleared my cache and still am not able to access anything related to my reservation.

I too am having trouble accessing my Cruise Planner and online check-in. It can’t be ‘routine maintenance’ since this has been going on for 2 days now. I called and after being on hold for 30 minutes, the representative said she logged in ‘just fine’ and it suddenly worked. I looked a a price and sent an email to a friend. When I came back to my reservation, I was not able to get in again.

I’ve logged out and back in, cleared my cache and still am not able to access anything related to my reservation.

It's nothing you're doing wrong! Promise. When you go to https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner and login, it should - theoretically, if the user experience were what it is supposed to be - take you to your cruise planner. But when you try to login to aforementioned link, you get re-routed to https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/, which then asks that you click on "Cruise Planner". Again, if things were working right (and by things I mean single sign-on), you would click on "Cruise Planner" and be directed right to your Cruise Planner (because you already put in your account information). Alas, RC must have one terrible user-experience team...because none of this happens, and all of us are left frustrated and contemplating our lives.

I've been having issues with the Royal Caribbean cruise planner website and trying to access my booking by entering the 7 digit reservation number. The website would respond by either asking for a 9 digit reservation number or by saying, "There Was An Error Connecting To The Server. Please Call To Make A Payment On Your Booking."

I reached out to RCI about this via social media on June 15th and they told me the site was undergoing routine maintenance so to call and make payment. I'm not comfortable giving my CC# over the phone, so I tried to wait out the maintenance. I was still getting the same errors today, so I contacted them again. Finally, after they attempted to access the booking on their end and were able to, they explained that I should be using Google Chrome. I'm on a Mac Book so my default browser is Safari. This was a VERY simple solution, so I wanted to share it here and hopefully save the trouble for anyone else who encounters it. I don't know why their very first suggestion wasn't telling me to try Chrome, I am surely not the first person who encountered the issue.

I am amused that you think entering your credit card number on a website (any website, but particularly one you already recognize as deficient) is somehow more secure than dictating the numbers to a person on the phone.

Based on all the replies it sounds like I better be prepared for the issue to repeat itself even if I'm on Chrome next time. I don't know anything about user interfaces but would think this shouldn't be all that complicated to remedy.

I am amused that you think entering your credit card number on a website (any website, but particularly one you already recognize as deficient) is somehow more secure than dictating the numbers to a person on the phone.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, I'm always happy to amuse people.

It's nothing you're doing wrong! Promise. When you go to https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruiseplanner and login, it should - theoretically, if the user experience were what it is supposed to be - take you to your cruise planner. But when you try to login to aforementioned link, you get re-routed to https://www.royalcaribbean.com/account/, which then asks that you click on "Cruise Planner". Again, if things were working right (and by things I mean single sign-on), you would click on "Cruise Planner" and be directed right to your Cruise Planner (because you already put in your account information). Alas, RC must have one terrible user-experience team...because none of this happens, and all of us are left frustrated and contemplating our lives.

I know it's not funny in the moment but the way you said this had me ROFL :')

I agree with you. Even if the website was up to snuff (that'll never happen) I'd be more comfortable doing it over the phone than inputting online.

Bill

I agree with you. Even if the website was up to snuff (that'll never happen) I'd be more comfortable doing it over the phone than inputting online.

Bill

My payment info is saved to my computer for Apple Pay, so I just put in one number and it enters the rest for me. To each his own.

• 4 months later...

I had no problems on the new web site paying off the first three cruises for this season, then ran into the "error" problem trying to pay off the fourth cruise.  Tried for three days, finally gave up and called CS to pay off with them over the phone.  No big deal.  

Grrrrr… so frustrating. I've made final payment and just want to start check-in for a January 2019 cruise. I get a message saying:  

"Check-in paused

Access to reservation *********** is temporarily unavailable, so check in other guests or try again later."

It's said this for days...  😭

23 hours ago, little britain said:

Several months later and this is still an issue!!! Get the error n Chrome but looks like I can do it on Edge.

I spoke too soon......Where as in Chrome I cannot even get into the payment screen; in Edge I get as far as adding card details to pay off a chunk then I get..."Error retrieving Booking Data.Please try again".Error

• Error retrieving booking data, please try again

1 hour ago, little britain said:

I spoke too soon......Where as in Chrome I cannot even get into the payment screen; in Edge I get as far as adding card details to pay off a chunk then I get..."Error retrieving Booking Data.Please try again".Error

• Error retrieving booking data, please try again

I'm getting that same error in Explorer, Chrome and Safari won't even let me into the reservation.  I'm not about to download 10 different browsers just to make final payment on a cruise.  Guess I'll be calling them this evening.  🙄

Edited by mishelly76