REFRESHMENT PACKAGE-It's Time to Do Some Math--It's Like High School All Over Again!!

I think I'll just buy the refreshment package for myself! If anyone else in my party wants a drink, then I'll just get it for them unless I need one for myself.

Jeff needs to be careful how he words this as some in the drink sharing police may think that he is about to share drinks from his package and then......

Poke always buys the drink package on a cruise, especially when it's on sale... Poke ads the cost of drink package to the total cost of cruise and considers it an All-inclusive vacation and doesn't worry about breaking even... Poke likes removing stress from his vacations and does so buy not worrying if he overspent on drinks during his trip.

I lack the enzyme to handle alcohol so the Refreshment package is a great deal. Even on port days, 3 specialty coffee, at least 3 bottles of water (take some off ship), 2+ non alcoholic pina coladas, and a few sodas. Non port days are even more so well worth it whenever it goes on sale.

Jeff needs to banish sugar. Jeff can drink water, eat the fruit before it’s squeezed, abandon soft drinks- his reward? A longer life to pay more bills and earn the crotchety title of Grandgrumps one day...oh, and last long enough to buy all his grandkids a refreshment package to enjoy watching his Kids handle their sugary offspring 😁

Jeff,

Speaking of the math! RCCL charges a Refreshment Package Service Charge of around $26. If you normally tip $1 a drink, then your first 26 drinks already have the tip included??

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bobbi

I think I'll just buy the refreshment package for myself! If anyone else in my party wants a drink, then I'll just get it for them unless I need one for myself.

I'm pretty sure that if Jeff buys himself the refreshment package, Jeff will have to buy the refreshment package for everyone in his room. So Jeff may want to take that into account.

Having said that, Beth is all about paying everything in advance and not thinking about what anything costs once Beth is on vacation. Break even or not.

Also, Beth loves ordering diet soft drinks in the ship bars (especially the schooner bar while playing trivia) even if Beth never finishes any of them - since having not actually 'paid' for them, Beth doesn't feel bad about not finishing what she ordered.

Beth also loves ordering bottles of water in the ship bars. Lots and lots of bottles to have both on and off the ship.

With all those bar sodas (actually pop since Beth is originally from pop country) and bottles of water, Beth is pretty sure she more than breaks even, but doesn't care either way.

By the way, Beth is a CPA and does do her own taxes (along with everyone else's in the family - including the horrifyingly intrusive and annoying FBAR since we all live overseas - but don't get Beth started).

One more thing, Beth also doesn't drink alcohol (although that FBAR could drive anyone to drink).

I'm pretty sure that if Jeff buys himself the refreshment package, Jeff will have to buy the refreshment package for everyone in his room. So Jeff may want to take that into account.

Beth has not read enough posts to realize that that is only true for alcoholic packages.

Poke always buys the drink package on a cruise, especially when it's on sale... Poke ads the cost of drink package to the total cost of cruise and considers it an All-inclusive vacation and doesn't worry about breaking even... Poke likes removing stress from his vacations and does so buy not worrying if he overspent on drinks during his trip.

Beth is all about paying everything in advance and not thinking about what anything costs once Beth is on vacation. Break even or not.

Beth also loves ordering bottles of water in the ship bars. Lots and lots of bottles to have both on and off the ship.

Poke and Beth sound smart. Poke and Beth like to cruise stress-free. Be like Poke and Beth. :)

Judy gets free soda package on her upcoming cruise. Judy also gets Diamond Lounge access and 3 drink vouchers nightly for her alcohol fix. But Judy likes to drink lots of bottle water on cruises otherwise Judy’s feet swell up like water balloons. Judy also likes creamice and frappe coffees and fresh OJ and virgin frozen drinks.

Judy bought the Refreshment package on sale. Judy will enjoy it and not worry about breaking even.

~ Judy

Things Jeff should do:

1. Go ahead and purchase the package while it's on sale. These sales can disappear at any time. If Jeff purchases the package and then decides it's a bad deal, he can always call and cancel it ... but by reserving it, Jeff is "locking in the price".

2. Jeff should learn the cost of various Royal Caribbean drinks so he can do the arithmetic and determine whether the package is a good deal for his personal drinking habits. Here is a smattering of Royal's non-alcoholic prices taken from Google:

$4-6 Assorted lattes and Infused iced teas

$5-6.50 Frappachinos

$5.15 Smoothies

$4-6 Fresh squeezed juice

$6.50-13 Fru-fru drinks, which I assume would be the same without alcohol

$3.50 Canned soda

$2.25 Bottled water

$4 Red Bull

3. Jeff should factor in the question of whether he would bring his own sodas /bottled water onboard if he chooses not to purchase a package.

Does Jeff cheat on his taxes, as well?
No, but he does everything he can to pay less!! Maximize 401ks and IRA contributions.... He also started the Jeff Cruise Foundation.... It's been a great tax shelter!! :-D Please contribute today and get a free soda on your next cruise!!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

Things Jeff should do:

1. Go ahead and purchase the package while it's on sale. These sales can disappear at any time. If Jeff purchases the package and then decides it's a bad deal, he can always call and cancel it ... but by reserving it, Jeff is "locking in the price".

2. Jeff should learn the cost of various Royal Caribbean drinks so he can do the arithmetic and determine whether the package is a good deal for his personal drinking habits. Here is a smattering of Royal's non-alcoholic prices taken from Google:

$4-6 Assorted lattes and Infused iced teas

$5-6.50 Frappachinos

$5.15 Smoothies

$4-6 Fresh squeezed juice

$6.50-13 Fru-fru drinks, which I assume would be the same without alcohol

$3.50 Canned soda

$2.25 Bottled water

$4 Red Bull

3. Jeff should factor in the question of whether he would bring his own sodas /bottled water onboard if he chooses not to purchase a package.

Thanks for the info!!

Jeff bought the package... Should be fun!! He'll make sure he gets his money's worth!!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Forums mobile app

Jeff just found out that the refreshment package which is regularly $26/day is on sale at over 30% off....This translates to $18/day (which is really $21.24/day after the 18% gratuity).

Jeff might have missed the boat, because it looks like it's $26 a day when I log in.

How do you know when the Refreshment package would be on sale for your cruise? Do they email you or do you just have to keep checking online? We have booked our Baltic cruise for next year, but haven't booked the Voom or Refreshment packages yet since I'm hoping they will go on sale sometime before then.. We've only been on one cruise before (12/17) so we don't know all the "finer points" of how things work! Thanks!

Having read the thread I think Jeff is a fun guy who is going to have a fabulous cruise but needs to post pictures of all of his (non)alcoholic drinks for us all to see if the package is worthwhile.

Just a an aside, I live in the UK so for most people the government have got their greasy mitts on our cash and taxed us before the money hits our bank accounts. Does everyone in the USA have to do a tax return?

(Ok yes I know that question is nothing whatsoever to do with cruising but I like to learn a new fact every day to keep my brain active)