NCL Cozumel Excursions

Hi All,

my DW and myself are travelling to Miami from Melbourne Australia to sail on the Getaway in Aug 24.

We have seen different Excursions in Cozumel and like the look of either Passion Island or Playa Maya.

Can anyone advise if they have done either of these tours and whether they would recommend them.

thanks in advance

You may also want to consider Playa del Carmen which is a 45 minute ferry ride from Cozumel and located on the Yucatan Peninsula. This is a very beautiful town with lovely shopping and beaches. We did a cave exploration excursion which included a traditional Mayan lunch at the conclusion. Probably one of the best excursions I've ever experienced.

CM

Passion Island was pretty good, however it was very windy when we were there. If you want a little more excitment I would check out Xcaret..... http://www.xcaret.com.mx

My wife and I had a great time there. You take the ferry and a bus, 20 minute bus ride. This allows you about 6 hours there

What is the benefit of that over Nachi Cocum? Taxi to Nachi Cocum doesn't take that long, the food and drinks were good, the beach was nice, it had a pool, and you could spend as much time as you want there. The Passion Island excursion says it's five hours but only 3 hours on the island?

Hi All,

my DW and myself are travelling to Miami from Melbourne Australia to sail on the Getaway in Aug 24.

We have seen different Excursions in Cozumel and like the look of either Passion Island or Playa Maya.

Can anyone advise if they have done either of these tours and whether they would recommend them.

thanks in advance

Playa Mia was WAAAAAY over hyped. Chankannab was great though.

• 1 month later...
Passion Island sounds interesting to us. We love a laid back beach day. Were there enough loungers in the shade available?

How would the water be in November?

Passion Island is wonderful in November. I spent time just laying in a hammock in the ocean, wow. The food is good beverage servers are attentive. I plan to be there Christmas day this year. I thought the travel time and the time spent on the island made a really nice beach day.

You may also want to consider Playa del Carmen which is a 45 minute ferry ride from Cozumel and located on the Yucatan Peninsula. This is a very beautiful town with lovely shopping and beaches. We did a cave exploration excursion which included a traditional Mayan lunch at the conclusion. Probably one of the best excursions I've ever experienced.

CM

Who did you book this thru

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Passion Island is wonderful in November. I spent time just laying in a hammock in the ocean, wow. The food is good beverage servers are attentive. I plan to be there Christmas day this year. I thought the travel time and the time spent on the island made a really nice beach day.

Love to hear that you are looking forward to a return visit. It sounds like just what we are looking for.

We will have the Shore Ex credit, plus Plat Plus discount and lots of OBC to use so booking through the ship is a 'cheap' way for us to go:cool: