Unlimited Drink Options Included with other lines: will you still book Carnival?

pcrum

Are those fares with with the NCL drink package and without Carnival Cheers!? Which ships exactly are you referring to as we both know that Carnival is charging more for the Vista and Horizon as NCL is for the Bliss and the Escape?

The NCL drink package is "included" so yes I selected that as one of the "free perks" when price comparing. And correct I did not add the additional fees for the Carnival drink package. The OP stated that NCL was including the drinks "free". Simply not true. The ships were Carnival Magic and I don't remember on NCL since I have no clue what ship is what on there. I chose an in between quote.

My wife does not drink at all and I only occasionally have one, so including the drinks in the price does not sway me and even sometimes pushes me away. I know most people are fine when drinking, but the worst behavior I have seen on cruises is due to alcohol.

The NCL drink package is "included" so yes I selected that as one of the "free perks" when price comparing. And correct I did not add the additional fees for the Carnival drink package. The OP stated that NCL was including the drinks "free". Simply not true. The ships were Carnival Magic and I don't remember on NCL since I have no clue what ship is what on there. I chose an in between quote.
Well, if you add Cheers to all four of those people (if adults in the same cabin) the price of the Magic is $200 more. This all comes down to alcohol. If you don't drink then this whole thing doesn't apply to you. If you love your cocktails and take cruisers 12 days or longer then NCL's drink package is better. Like I said before, $426 for 15 days on NCL Bliss or over $1800 for Cheers for 14 days on Carnival Freedom ...... It put or Panama Canal on the new Bliss $600 cheaper and a day longer than on the older Freedom. Your experience and pricing may vary.

I compared Magic and Breakaway for next October (when we often like to sail). Similar dates, same length, both from South Florida, etc. NCL Breakaway is $2,872.44 (with drink package/gratuities) and Magic is $1504.80 and if adding Cheers which is $955.88, you get $2460.68. Still significantly lower than NCL with the "free" perks.

Almost every sailing is the same story. NCL is so much more expensive because the perks aren't free. And if you don't drink that much, you are WAY over paying for the cruise. Yeah, thanks for paying $1300 extra, here is a couple of free specialty dinners... Lol. Suckers.

Well, if you add Cheers to all four of those people (if adults in the same cabin) the price of the Magic is $200 more.

Why? NCL drink packages are only for the first two passengers and obscenely priced if you paid for the other two.

Why? NCL drink packages are only for the first two passengers and obscenely priced if you paid for the other two.

You can add the 3rd and 4th free as a perk along with the drink package for the first 2. Then pay for the drink package for the 3rd and 4th. I'm guessing NCL comes out more expensive this way as well, but someone would have to do the actual numbers. Do we know what the full cost of NCL drink package with gratuity is?

My wife's cousin went on the breakaway last fall with the included drink package.He said it took forever to get a drink because of this, never again. The bars were swamped with people trying to get a drink and the bar staff was slow because of this.
That's strange..I was on breakaway twice last year with drink package and never waited for a drink..of course I tipped bartenders too so maybe that helps lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

You have to buy Cheers for everyone if they are in the cabin of age. Passengers 3 and 4 don't have to buy it if chosen as a perk on NCL

You can add the 3rd and 4th free as a perk along with the drink package for the first 2. Then pay for the drink package for the 3rd and 4th. I'm guessing NCL comes out more expensive this way as well, but someone would have to do the actual numbers. Do we know what the full cost of NCL drink package with gratuity is?

The Ultimate Beverage Package (ages 21 & older) Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD during your entire cruise. Prepaid @ $89.00 USD per person per day x Cruise Days plus 20% gratuity and beverage service charge.

"Several cruise lines are offering free drink packages when you purchase a cruise on one of their cruise ships. From Celebrity Cruises to Norwegian Cruise Lines, here are the four cruise lines currently offering free drink packages."

"Celebrity Cruises is offering a Summer & Beyond Sale where you can choose two free perks, one of them being a beverage package. You can also choose unlimited WiFi, prepaid tips, or $150 to spend on board. This offer from Celebrity is good for just about every sailing from June 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019."

The other two besides Celebrity and NCL are MSC and Oceania.

The Ultimate Beverage Package (ages 21 & older) Enjoy a wide selection of soft drinks, beers, spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD during your entire cruise. Prepaid @ $89.00 USD per person per day x Cruise Days plus 20% gratuity and beverage service charge.

The NCL package does not appear to include bottled water, or discounts on bottles of wine. Not sure about energy drinks, specialty coffees, etc.

NCL does also offer rooms and packages that don't include the drink package, while overall it isn't free. You can choose to book the lower fare that the perk isn't included in. Overall if I am going to spend $2000 on both lines and one includes my drinks already and the other does not - guess which one would win???? So even someone who doesn't drink a lot, if prices in the end are essentially the same then why wouldn't you take the one with the drink package.

Just look at the total, really isn't all that hard to do and compare.

"Several cruise lines are offering free drink packages when you purchase a cruise on one of their cruise ships. From CelebrityCruises to NorwegianCruise Lines, here are the four cruise lines currently offering free drink packages."

"Celebrity Cruises is offering a Summer & Beyond Sale where you can choose two free perks, one of them being a beverage package. You can also choose unlimited WiFi, prepaid tips, or $150 to spend on board. This offer from Celebrity is good for just about every sailing from June 1, 2018 through April 30, 2019."

The other two besides Celebrity and NCL are MSC and Oceania.

Princess sometimes offers sip and sail, including now. I don't believe they force you to pay gratuities on the package. I wonder how they missed that?

Free Premier Beverage Package‡ – The Best Beverage Package At Sea!

Our most popular sale is back! Get ready to sip as you sail on select cruises and cruisetours to ALL destinations sailing Summer 2019 – Spring 2020.

Get a FREE premier beverage package for two when booking a balcony or above‡

Plus, FREE Unlimited Soda & More Package for additional guests in your stateroom††

That's strange..I was on breakaway twice last year with drink package and never waited for a drink..of course I tipped bartenders too so maybe that helps lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We sat at the Prime Meridian bar on the Breakaway, with 5 people every night of our cruise and we never waited for a drink. In fact bartenders had a new drink ready, as soon as we finished one. Made all types of different drinks we hadn't heard of, etc. Best cruise we have ever done in terms of the bartenders.

Will state too, the bartenders on NCL also seem to assume if someone in a party has the drink package that everyone in the group does. Our group of 5 only had 2 with the package, they gave drinks to all of us without us even asking. I hate to see what was rung up for us on that sailing. In fact some bartenders for instance asked for my card or my mother's when they wanted my son to try something.

I took advantage of this. I'm booked on the X Silhouette for a 12 day southern with a couple of classic drink packages for 2020. To me, the best deal doos not mean the lowest price. I sail a different line every year. A deal to me is the price overall for the food, service, ship, itineraray, fellow passengers, and perks. I then decide what is a good deal. I sailed Carnival before, I sailed the Vista last year, and am doing Cuba on the Carnival Pardise next year. Too many people feel that the lowest price and being able to simply get on a cruise makes "it" the best deal. There are some days where Carnival is fine for my family of 4 and young daughters and others like the 12 day on Celebrity for the four of us ...... Saying that you ( no one specific here ) only sail Carnival because it's the best deal makes me chuckle and roll my eyes admittedly ......

NCL does also offer rooms and packages that don't include the drink package, while overall it isn't free. You can choose to book the lower fare that the perk isn't included in. Overall if I am going to spend $2000 on both lines and one includes my drinks already and the other does not - guess which one would win???? So even someone who doesn't drink a lot, if prices in the end are essentially the same then why wouldn't you take the one with the drink package.

Just look at the total, really isn't all that hard to do and compare.

Except way more often than not, you aren't going to spend the same on both lines, yet get a free package on NCL. Usually NCL is at least 50% more expensive. The rooms they offer without perks are only slightly cheaper than their standard fares, so you'll still be paying WAY more than Carnival on average.

Except way more often than not, you aren't going to spend the same on both lines, yet get a free package on NCL. Usually NCL is at least 50% more expensive. The rooms they offer without perks are only slightly cheaper than their standard fares, so you'll still be paying WAY more than Carnival on average.

Though not always, I booked a cruise in 2020, looked at the Escape, Harmony and the Horizon, all balcony cabins.

The Harmony was $2800 with me buying the drink package, Escape was $3100 and the Horizon with the drink package was $4000. So no Carnival was by far the most expensive option. We booked the Harmony.