Understanding C&A Points

I currently have 160 C&A points.

Our last cruise is not showing on my cruise history so I emailed Royal.

This was the email I got back - which confuses me.

We have located the record for your sailing onboard the Symphony of the Seas, April 14, 2018. We have combined your files together and once this process is complete, your total number of completed Cruise Points will be 160.

Although the missing sailing will be added to your account, your overall Cruise Points will not increase. Your wife was already given points for this sailing and as you are in the same household, your “relationship” or overall Cruise Point total was increased as well.

Crown & Anchor Society members have an individual Cruise Point total, which is based on the qualifying sailings the member has completed. Additionally, Crown & Anchor Society members residing in the same household may be added into a “relationship” in our system to be recognized at the same tier status.

*Your My Cruises online account will reflect the Cruise Point total of the member with the highest individual total in the relationship.

Before adding the missing sailing, your individual Cruise Points were 153, and your relationship points were 160. Once this process is complete, your individual Cruise Point total will be 160.

This "relationship points" doesn't make sense at all.

We have always cruised together so we should be on the same C&A points.

My points are showing as 160 without the missing credits - not 153 as they suggest - so how can they remain at 160 after the missing ones have been added.

Ideas welcome please.

PS of course, none of our future cruises are showing either but with all the issues they've had Im not surprised

Yep, they kindly provided me with the USA phone number for C&A - not really practical to call from the UK

Use Skype or some other app (like Google Hangouts) with real cheap internet (or even free) based calls.

This happened to me as well, and my wife and I have never not cruised together.

It appears that what Royal does is display the value of the highest person in the family. In my case (and it appears yours as well) it was my spouse. When they fixed it the points didn't change, because they were already accurate as they reflected the correct total based on my spouse's account.. The missing cruise was added to my total though.

Hope that helps.

I currently have 160 C&A points.

Our last cruise is not showing on my cruise history so I emailed Royal.

This was the email I got back - which confuses me.

This "relationship points" doesn't make sense at all.

We have always cruised together so we should be on the same C&A points.

My points are showing as 160 without the missing credits - not 153 as they suggest - so how can they remain at 160 after the missing ones have been added.

Ideas welcome please.

PS of course, none of our future cruises are showing either but with all the issues they've had Im not surprised

Sounds like your wife's account was credited properly. Because you are linked, you each only see the number of points of whichever person has the highest number ("effective" points). C&A can see each person's actual number of earned points, but the end-user website only shows the "effective" total points.

There are two totals: your individual points and your household points.

I have done many more cruises than DH but because our accounts are linked, whilst his Individual total is lower than mine. his household total (and therefore his status) is the same as mine.

If you and your wife have done exactly the same number of cruises together then it looks like they credited her for the cruise; taking your household to 160, but forgot to credit your individual total leaving you at 153.

So what they say is correct - your house hold is already at 160 and getting your individual total corrected will have no impact on your household total.

Hope that helps.

Perhaps someone can answer this for me.

I've been on 8 cruises... 3 of them in suites.. I should have 79 points (my first 2 were on the old system)..

My wife went on a 5 nighter before we got together, so obviously our status is linked now...

But my crown and anchor profile says I have 87 points...

Doesn't 79+5=84?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Perhaps someone can answer this for me.

I've been on 8 cruises... 3 of them in suites.. I should have 79 points (my first 2 were on the old system)..

My wife went on a 5 nighter before we got together, so obviously our status is linked now...

But my crown and anchor profile says I have 87 points...

Doesn't 79+5=84?

If your wife's cruise was taken before Jan 2011, then she got one credit which converted to 8 points in Jan 2011.

I was definately on 160 before the latest cruise.

The reason I know is because we are so close to D+ so I was monitoring our cruises.

The funny thing is that we dont think Royal cater for our needs any longer and book elsewhere.

I just want what we are entitled to - even if the hassle ends up driving is farther away from sailing with them

I was definately on 160 before the latest cruise.

The reason I know is because we are so close to D+ so I was monitoring our cruises.

The funny thing is that we dont think Royal cater for our needs any longer and book elsewhere.

I just want what we are entitled to - even if the hassle ends up driving is farther away from sailing with them

Is your cruise history now correct? If so, you should easily be able to compute the number of points you should have.

The way it seems to work. Is you are linked so that you share the highest individual point total.

On a couple of sailings I booked my mother-in-law in a cabin with my wife. I booked another cabin for myself I got double points. So I wound up with 21 more points than my wife (actually earning) If my wife would have gone on a cruise with the girls her point total would go up but not our combined total till she matched my individual point total.

That is why if you do the single booking in a JS and single booking in another cabin. The person with the most points must do the JS.

I was hoping they would have split them because it would have meant we would get a free cruise each when we each turned pinnacle at different times.

If your wife's cruise was taken before Jan 2011, then she got one credit which converted to 8 points in Jan 2011.

Bob, I never understood how they converted points prior to 2011. Did you say that each cruise converted to 8 points each? I see 1 point on the site? I’m confused.

Bob, I never understood how they converted points prior to 2011. Did you say that each cruise converted to 8 points each? I see 1 point on the site? I’m confused.

No, it's more complicated:

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Each point was 7 "nights at sea". But there was a formula for "bonus points" I know we received 13 extra points for the conversion. We were diamond plus at the time.

No, it's more complicated:

Conversion from old cruise credits to cruise points:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

That’s why some people that took many short cruises instead of a few long cruises over 10 days got more points when converted?

That’s why some people that took many short cruises instead of a few long cruises over 10 days got more points when converted?

Yes, 3-11 day cruises counted the same. That was the rule in place at the time, and the company maintained that rule during the conversion. Otherwise they would have been retroactively changing the rules.

Yes, 3-11 day cruises counted the same. That was the rule in place at the time, and the company maintained that rule during the conversion. Otherwise they would have been retroactively changing the rules.

Thanks, that’s what I thought. Too bad we took long cruises instead of many short 3-4 day trips.

There are two totals: your individual points and your household points.

I have done many more cruises than DH but because our accounts are linked, whilst his Individual total is lower than mine. his household total (and therefore his status) is the same as mine.

If you and your wife have done exactly the same number of cruises together then it looks like they credited her for the cruise; taking your household to 160, but forgot to credit your individual total leaving you at 153.

So what they say is correct - your house hold is already at 160 and getting your individual total corrected will have no impact on your household total.

Hope that helps.

We have the same situation, my wife has done more cruises than I have and so, through the household total I get credit for her cruises as well and our total are the same and our status is the same.