Review - Caribbean Princess – July 14, 2018 to July 21, 2018

culvercitycruiser

There were two of the Ships Officers that spoke to us as well. One of the officers spoke of the changes they had made to the buffet in the last two weeks for the better.

Thanks for a thorough review.

Can you tell us what some of the buffet changes they made were?

Great review...I was recently in C730 and loved the cabin...also as a single. Plenty of room for me and all my "stuff". I wish that Princess would replace the shower curtains with doors like some other lines, but fortunately never had the problem of the curtain attaching itself to me while I was showering (ewww). I did the Ultimate Ship Tour several years ago, also on this ship, and thought it was great...worth every dime! I also loved your picture of Planks...my friends and I did it twice on our last cruise. It was delicious!!!

Happy news about your friend's health!

Hello,

Caribbean Princess – July 14, 2018 to July 21, 2018 – FourGirl Friends and a Cruise

I had an extension cord in my carry-on whichwas found and confiscated. It was just aplain $2 power strip, no surge protection what so ever but they placed my nameon a form so that I could collect it after the cruise.

Can you not take extension cords on board, or do they have to be in your suitcases and not carry on?

We just did the CB in June and had a small power strip - non-surge protected. They didn't confiscate it & we had it plugged in in the cabin for 2 weeks. Was not an issue.

Thanks for the review!

Thanks didn't want to bring it if we couldn't use it. Will just make sure it's in our luggage and not carry on

Thanks didn't want to bring it if we couldn't use it. Will just make sure it's in our luggage and not carry on
Its become common for NON surge protectors to still get confiscated so i just switched to a small 3 plug extension cord. Its cheap and in no way could be confused with a surge protector. Screenshot_20180625-142501_Target.thumb.jpg.ca9c8c2bbf60c82c611523baf86a38e4.jpg

Thank you for posting menus. I would find the always available menu woefully lacking in the beef department. I would not find a hamburger, gourmet or otherwise, suitable for the main dining room at the dinner service. I have not cruised in five years or so, but the choices have really gone downhill. Very disappointing.

I have been one of the passengers complaining about the new buffet concept on the ship. I never complain about anything, but I found that new idea really bad. Had read in other posts Princess is not bringing that idea fleet wide, and glad to hear they are making changes to the current buffet. Interesting about the dryer for the sheets. I have always thought one of the most unpleasant jobs on a cruise ship is the laundry, and by far the least recognized and appreciated.

I was another passenger who complained about the buffet...the food quality and choices were AWFUL. Hope they improved it. I hesitate to book the CB ever again.

Its become common for NON surge protectors to still get confiscated so i just switched to a small 3 plug extension cord. Its cheap and in no way could be confused with a surge protector. [ATTACH]425935[/ATTACH]

Our surge protector strip was taken last month. We also left it behind.

Its become common for NON surge protectors to still get confiscated so i just switched to a small 3 plug extension cord. Its cheap and in no way could be confused with a surge protector. [ATTACH]425935[/ATTACH]

They were saying that I had an extension cord. That is why I was pulled aside. They were right. I did have three actually. I opened it and the $2 simple non surge power strip was right there. I handed it to the agent and she used my passport number to write on the slip.

I quickly moved on since I had two others in my bag, both non-surge

Wow, thanks for the pictures too. Was the UST worth it? What day was it, a Sea Day?

It was the last day which was also a sea day

It was worth it. I am a cruise nerd so I love going behind the scenes.

Yes, it was totally worth it. The “gifts” were worth it as well

I would say to do it at least once if you can afford $150. You do need to be able to go up and down stairs.