Oasis Diamond Club still on 11?

• 3 months later...
On 8/5/2018 at 8:58 AM, leisuretraveler223 said:

Thanks! My bad, I was looking at deck plans that said "concierge/wonderland", but then realized I was accidentally on a third party site!

We just got off Oasis Nov 18.  There are signs on the ship in several places for Wonderland but the space is still occupied by the Diamond Club. Thinking that they might be trying to do some early work for dry dock  I asked some crew if they were planning to put in Wonderland during the upcoming dry dock and the answer they got from management was that "It hasn't been decided yet"  So take that for what it may be worth.

Ken

6 minutes ago, KeyLemPi said:

We just got off Oasis Nov 18.  There are signs on the ship in several places for Wonderland but the space is still occupied by the Diamond Club. Thinking that they might be trying to do some early work for dry dock  I asked some crew if they were planning to put in Wonderland during the upcoming dry dock and the answer they got from management was that "It hasn't been decided yet"  So take that for what it may be worth.

Ken

Those signs were put up during the last drydock when they originally planned to move Wonderland there and then plans were changed.

On 8/5/2018 at 8:58 AM, leisuretraveler223 said:

Thanks! My bad, I was looking at deck plans that said "concierge/wonderland", but then realized I was accidentally on a third party site!

Layout of plans from 4 years ago. 😉

With a new ship soon to launch I suspect they will remain quiet about the upcoming Oasis AMPING until Spectrum is well established in China.  That tends to be be their ways... focus on the new ship rollout then talk up a ship refreshment and generate hype for it.  

They'll also want to avoid damaging any bookings for the Oasis summer in the med before her dry dock so they don't scare off potential cruisers who may avoid booking a ship just before she gets prettied up. 

We'll learn more in the fall.  My money has the Diamond Lounge no longer being on deck 11 this time next year.  

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

With a new ship soon to launch I suspect they will remain quiet about the upcoming Oasis AMPING until Spectrum is well established in China.  That tends to be be their ways... focus on the new ship rollout then talk up a ship refreshment and generate hype for it.  

They'll also want to avoid damaging any bookings for the Oasis summer in the med before her dry dock so they don't scare off potential cruisers who may avoid booking a ship just before she gets prettied up. 

We'll learn more in the fall.  My money has the Diamond Lounge no longer being on deck 11 this time next year.  

If past drydocks are any indication very little information is given about what will actually change until the ship is actually in or just about to emerge from dry dock.  I don’t think that the Spectrum has anything to do with it.  

On Oasis now... the deck plan signage displays show Wonderland on decks 11 and 12, in place of the DL.  They show the DL on deck 4 aft, starboard side, opposite Izumi, in a narrow spot that is currently part of The Grande.  At least a DL there might have a few windows like Izumi does.

/Greg

6 minutes ago, Defender1158 said:

On Oasis now... the deck plan signage displays show Wonderland on decks 11 and 12, in place of the DL.  They show the DL on deck 4 aft, starboard side, opposite Izumi, in a narrow spot that is currently part of The Grande.  At least a DL there might have a few windows like Izumi does.

/Greg

Again those were added during the last drydock for plans that were in place 4 years ago.  They never changed the signs back.

I believe they actually tried the DL there for a very few sailings before moving it back.

Who knows what the next drydock will bring but do not use the existing signs as indications of future changes.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Deck 12 is the entrance and the bar, deck 11 is the seating for the restaurant.  At least that is how it is on Harmlny and Symphony.

If I recall, on Oasis & Allure deck 12 has no windows and it's even smaller than deck 11

overflow.  They must have broken thru to adjacent space on deck 12. 

28 minutes ago, nelblu said:

If I recall, on Oasis & Allure deck 12 has no windows and it's even smaller than deck 11

Deck 12 has a balcony overlooking deck 11 and a view out the windows.

they didn’t “break through” anything.

We were on Oasis on 10-28 and just got back from 11-25 last Sunday. Diamond still on 11 but used Blaze on Deck 4 every night for overflow. The info boards at rear elevator show WONDERLAND. Will be done while  across the pond in Oct. if not before. The 11 floor was a zoo nightly but Blaze had nice spread and plenty of room. Decor not so much as have the old CRIPT deco.

Bob & Nancy       51 more days until our 70th cruise .    Back to Ft. Lauderdale for Indy.      

On 12/1/2018 at 9:40 AM, nelblu said:

Whaaaaat?  Oasis Deck 12 DL is simply a loft area seating of the DL up a circular set of stairs only accessed inside the lounge above deck 11 DL on Oasis.  Entrance to DL is on deck 11.  Library/LA desk next door. 

DL overflow is in Blaze on deck 4.  I am currently in cabin right around the corner.  Lylie from the SL is filling in as concierge this week.  

32 minutes ago, island lady said:

Whaaaaat?  Oasis Deck 12 DL is simply a loft area seating of the DL up a circular set of stairs only accessed inside the lounge above deck 11 DL on Oasis.  Entrance to DL is on deck 11.  Library/LA desk next door. 

DL overflow is in Blaze on deck 4.  I am currently in cabin right around the corner.  Lylie from the SL is filling in as concierge this week.  

Plus, there are restrooms in the current DL.:classic_smile:

15 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We actually preferred Blaze to the Diamond Lounge

I loved going to Blaze every night last year on Oasis and spent almost every night of out b2b in there. 

On Allure last month, there was no overflow in Blaze.  Went into DL a few nights to look for some friends.  It was crowded at 5pm so did not have a chance to get a drink.  Lounge had a good amount of servers and they looked like they were doing a good job. Was a little too crowded for me and left after a few minutes to get drinks elsewhere.

12 hours ago, frank808 said:

I loved going to Blaze every night last year on Oasis and spent almost every night of out b2b in there. 

On Allure last month, there was no overflow in Blaze.  Went into DL a few nights to look for some friends.  It was crowded at 5pm so did not have a chance to get a drink.  Lounge had a good amount of servers and they looked like they were doing a good job. Was a little too crowded for me and left after a few minutes to get drinks elsewhere.

Frank...what was the situation after first seating...around 6 pm?  That is our "magic hour".  

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

Frank...what was the situation after first seating...around 6 pm?  That is our "magic hour".  

Sorry but did not go back around 6pm since we went to SL and had dinner in CK at 630. We did go in one evening at about 8pm when we ate in mdr but it was pretty empty as HH was over.