Suffering from a major case of PCB (Post Cruise Blues)

cruiserbrianj

A few days ago I stepped off the Carnival Fantasy after a great family trip to Costa Maya and Cozumel and ever since then I can't stop thinking about another cruise. Yes, I have one scheduled for December but it seems years, not months away. Just the thought of going to work tomorrow....ugh...can't even describe it. So the question to my fellow cruisers is this....how do you all handle the Post Cruise Blues?

By booking another cruise! Since your next one is in December, maybe book a short one in October? We are patiently waiting for September, then December, then January and March.

The kids sports schedules kinda get in the way of that but I love your thinking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few days ago I stepped off the Carnival Fantasy after a great family trip to Costa Maya and Cozumel and ever since then I can't stop thinking about another cruise. Yes, I have one scheduled for December but it seems years, not months away. Just the thought of going to work tomorrow....ugh...can't even describe it. So the question to my fellow cruisers is this....how do you all handle the Post Cruise Blues?

There are a few DVD's that you could purchase that might help.

The Titanic (with Leo Dicaprio)

The Poseidon Adventure

Out To Sea (with Jack Lemmon & Walter Matthau)

Chipwrecked (with Alvin & The Chipmunks)

The Love Boat TV series ;)

After our cruise in January I booked a cruise for 2019 and 2020. I check the Carnival HUB several times a day for timing. I keep viewing videos taken by people on the Carnival ships. I view the port web sights especially on Saturdays. I view my pictures taken on past cruises. I created 3 inch binders which contain data for our upcoming cruises. I view the Roll Calls. I checked out the suit cases. I tell my friends how many days until the cruise. I know .........................I know .................I need help.

Oh well, just 208 days, 12 hours and 29 minutes. There! I said it and I am glad!

There was another thread very similar to this, and I will re-post my response to it over here. I hope it will be helpful to you! :)

I used to suffer from this a lot. Not just for cruises, but any vacation. I'd get sad and feel regret for all the things I didn't do on the trip.

I just got off the NCL Bliss at the end of July and I had a blast, but surprisingly I didn't have those same feelings of depression and regret when I left. The secret, I find, is just to be present in every moment. Depression is caused by thinking about the past or wanting to be "there" when you are "here." Accepting the present, as well as facing and letting go any "negative" emotions you feel is really beneficial. I've been doing a lot of meditating the past few months and it really helps! I think it's the reason I did so well getting off my cruise this time.

Realize that everything happens for a reason, and there is still many more exciting things to come. We are far more than our form and this world of form, and getting caught up in memories distracts us from what is really important. Be present and let go of thoughts that no longer serve you.

I wish you peace, friend! And I hope you enjoy your next adventure.

We are coming off of two cruises with eight months of each other, and for the first time I think we're free of PCB syndrome. We briefly talked about our next cruise, but haven't put anything in motion yet, and we're not chomping at the bit to do so. We have our next four vacations already scheduled, reaching out into 2020, and the next vacation after that is as likely as not to be a land tour rather than a cruise, so it might be another year or two after that before we head back to sea. I suppose the best treatment for PCB syndrome is enjoying lots of different vacations and always making sure you have several vacations (of whatever type) within your sights.

I feel your pain!! I'm kind of a "Newbie" cruiser myself with four under my belt now, and another coming up in 19 days! Whooo Ya!! I start getting the blues on my last sail day..... I truly am hooked on cruising! I saw the best advise repeated on here several times.... BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE! ..... In between cruises, I watch a lot of YouTube cruise videos, and live vicariously through others! Crazy huh??

I feel your pain!! I'm kind of a "Newbie" cruiser myself with four under my belt now, and another coming up in 19 days! Whooo Ya!! I start getting the blues on my last sail day..... I truly am hooked on cruising! I saw the best advise repeated on here several times.... BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE! ..... In between cruises, I watch a lot of YouTube cruise videos, and live vicariously through others! Crazy huh??

I do the same thing you do by watching videos and whatnot...not crazy. I do have two booked too but I’m not there yet and I’m not being patient. I do like the CruiseCritic board though and discussing cruising with others....I probably like that too much too haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums