Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

We here in Florida are all just in a waiting game to see where Ian will hit............hoping he will move further west before he gets up here by me.  Will know more tomorrow and Wednesday........if ya'll could send a good thought this way, it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

Not too worried about it in South Florida.

Glad you are ok but if you saw any news today, this storm is getting stronger by the hour and is at least 300 miles wide.  Your neighbors across the state are really in for it (Tampa), already started evacuation orders.  Pressure numbers continue to drop, which makes it worse. 

5 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Glad you are ok but if you saw any news today, this storm is getting stronger by the hour and is at least 300 miles wide.  Your neighbors across the state are really in for it (Tampa), already started evacuation orders.  Pressure numbers continue to drop, which makes it worse. 

My daughter is in Jupiter and has invited her friends with 4 small children to stay with her. If you own an electric car, be sure to leave asap because it could take you until Friday to reach Georgia 😉  Stay safe Lois.

5 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

My daughter is in Jupiter and has invited her friends with 4 small children to stay with her. If you own an electric car, be sure to leave asap because it could take you until Friday to reach Georgia 😉  Stay safe Lois.

Thanks TB, appreciate it. And hope your daughter and friends will be safe as well.

9 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Jupiter is going to be fine.  A little bit of rain, maybe a bit breezy.  But no major storm effects.  Palm Beach County is outside the Cone of Death.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

Jupiter is going to be fine.  A little bit of rain, maybe a bit breezy.  But no major storm effects.  Palm Beach County is outside the Cone of Death.

Thanks, I own the home she rents from me. I just paid my annual insurance premium too. Been thru this many times.

24 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

Which insurance?  Windstorm; Flood; or Regular?   🙂 

All of it. My premium had gone up significantly and I asked my FL agent why? We had an inspection for roof, plumbing, etc. and was able to go with Citizens instead which is from the State. So many insurance companies are going bankrupt and this was about 1/3 cheaper. It does not include the screen enclosure around the pool. It is just an investment property.

5 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

Not too worried about it in South Florida.

Yes, for a change it looks like we’re out of the cone in South Florida.

Very concerned for all on the west coast and we’ll all (in Florida) be feeling the longer-term effects related to building materials and insurance premiums. In the past week, I’ve had three roofing contractors tell me there is an 8 to 10 month wait for the roof tiles specified in my HOA - expect that delay to be even further out depending in the damage inflicted by Ian.  And at the same time, received the dreaded notice of non-renewal from my insurance company due to some cracked tiles on the roof (which cannot be replaced until supply is available.) Sigh.  Challenging- but very grateful to be outside of the cone for this storm. 

Lois, it looks like Jacksonville may need on the storm’s route later this week -hope you remain safe! 

14 minutes ago, Dolcevita Diva said:

, I’ve had three roofing contractors tell me there is an 8 to 10 month wait for the roof tiles specified in my HOA - 

Be very cautious with the roofing contractors. My insurance agent told me there are many many frauds out there. When I questioned my large premium (thank goodness I did) he then told me about Citizens and I qualified for their insurance. My HOA also has specific roofing materials.  Best of luck

• Thanks 1

After the events of the last couple of weeks has anybody else started rewatching the Crown? As much as I loved watching it “before” Watching it again since recent events both fills me with utter pride and respect for the life of an incredible lady who devoted her whole life to a role she had no choice in accepting. She conducted those duties until the end of her life without question or complaint. I Did share an extremely special moment with her many years ago and can vouch that her smile was absolutely genuine and her sense of mischief was a pleasure to see. 

• Like 8

Someone on the Ponant board just posted parts of their by-the-bottle wine list, including this one:  AOC Crozes-Hermitages, Domaine Julien Pilon « On the Rhône Again »

I hope the taste would put the same smile on my face that the « punny » name did!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 9/26/2022 at 4:08 PM, Lois R said:

And hope your daughter and friends will be safe as well.

How is Lois in Jacksonville doing in the battling the hurricane, storms, rain, wind, etc.  For those in other parts of Florida?  Surviving?  Have electric?   Looks like Georgia and the Carolinas are next.  

Just saw that Orlando got nearly 17" of rain.  Disney World is closed, etc.  One of our favorite locations, Sanibel Island, near Fort Myers, has had its access bridge damaged in a major way. Fixing it will not be easy or quick.  People can get to this scenic island heaven only by helicopter or boat now.  Any other updates and insights?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

• Like 1