Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Finally a 3-day weekend! Definitely glad for that.

We came home from Canada with Covid 3 weeks ago. The first week was OK; some low-grade fevers, cough and sniffles. We both took the Paxlovid and thought that we had recovered fairly quickly. And the extra week off was wonderful!

We went back to work the week after, once we tested negative. It was a bit of a challenge because we were both still very tired. That finally got better by the end of last week. 

But it's the gift that keeps on giving! Rebound this week. Lots of stuffiness and sneezing along with sinus pressure. No fevers, luckily. Finally today that seems to have passed. I am somewhat relieved by new data suggesting that "rebound" is actually a good thing, and a sign of a robust immune response. But what's next? I need some more rest.

The good news is that we probably can wait a few weeks for the bivalent booster shot - since we kind of just had one! So we'll get that a week or so before we travel to Finland.

A bit of veal Marsala for dinner last night... With a whole sage leaf, fried in butter, for a garnish.

20221005_185252.thumb.jpg.e621beaf41a5d4a28d2e31048a373d34.jpg

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 9

37 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Hope you get that rest JP.  Wife and I enjoy your posts.

Could the veal marsala recipe work with chicken (asking for a friend with a weird allergy)?

Sure, though I have not cooked with chicken breast cutlets in probably 10 years. I much prefer thighs. But either should work.

No recipe. I sprinkled the cutlets with salt, pepper, and a dusting of flour then fried them in olive oil. Then I sautéed the mushrooms with thyme sprigs until they released their liquid, added some fresh rosemary, oregano, green onions, and garlic, then a bit of chicken broth.

A good pour of Marsala, then pop the cutlets back in the pan to soak up the juices, and serve over your choice of pasta. I used orchiette.

If I were using chicken breast cutlets I'd be more careful not to overcook them I guess. And maybe add more butter? Boneless skinless thighs are more forgiving.

The wine pairing was a heavy Italian white from Lugana. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our remodel of our new home is done 🙂. Beds arrived today and we have more furniture coming on Monday. Hip Hip Hooray!  Most pieces were ordered in May 😞

Last night we had a very soothing sleep in our Master Bedroom and a nice shower prior in our completed bathroom. Looking out over the water from our bedroom makes me feel as if we are on a cruise ship.

I wanted to share the view with you of our evening sunset. So beautiful.

3340A98F-8EBF-40DA-B3BF-AFF28DB648D1.jpeg

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Our remodel of our new home is done 🙂. Beds arrived today and we have more furniture coming on Monday. Hip Hip Hooray!  Most pieces were ordered in May 😞

Last night we had a very soothing sleep in our Master Bedroom and a nice shower prior in our completed bathroom. Looking out over the water from our bedroom makes me feel as if we are on a cruise ship.

Beautiful!  You have a piece of heaven!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

open for reservations now?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

UKCruise Jeff, I will also miss your always thoughtful posts.   I thought that I had saved your dough recipe, and am unable to find it, although I think you have modified it since I did try to save it.   Would you be willing to share your latest recipe?   The cooler weather and your wonderful pics of bagels and baguettes are tempting me!

xhappy-thanksgiving-peace-love-joy-autumn-leaves-800x533.jpg.pagespeed_ic.92TSagRQ9Y.jpg.7ec34e3d30f56888ad5cf1457e5ab7e2.jpg

It's Thanksgiving Day here in Canada.  One of the many things I am thankful for is the jovial, fun-loving, compassionate denizens who pull up a stool in the Cooler Bar and partake of the camaraderie.  If the spirit moves come join in the spirits!

Happy Thanksgiving to all who choose to celebrate gratitude!

“Always be thankful for the little things... even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views!”
- Nyki Mack 

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, Mysty, hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving. What is on the menu? Do you and Myster have a special meal planned?

Myster is doing his amazing Prime Rib!  Very excited! 

• Like 3