Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Wednesday night was Formal Night.   We dined with the Room Division Manager,  a lovely man from Mumbai.  We had a wonderful time.  The next day I sent him a note, thanking him for his invitation to dine with him.  Today we came back to the suite to find...

20240119_213747.thumb.jpg.3c9a204e333bc72b605b18391e984f87.jpg

20240119_213831.thumb.jpg.ac2bddb78ed62c91ab7fbea34c9019af.jpg

Compliments of the Room Division Manager.   One of the many reasons we love Silversea!

• Like 13

Hi DavyWavey, I am really enjoying your posts. Are you in Tauranga tomorrow?  The Edge is due in according to the port schedule. We will be waving out to you from the shore. We are sailing on this beautiful ship in less than 4 weeks and we just have to come and check her out. Have a great day in our beautiful city. Just hoping the weather behaves for you. 

4 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You almost had me going there.  First you stoop to Best Western (after the lovely "Four Seasons" !!!), then Celebrity – and now a health kick???  Say it isn't so.  Thankfully, you corrected me straight off.  That is a fruit diet I could join, although I would prefer regular doses of quinine and lime [why just diet when you can also ward off malaria and scurvy?]

Were your Ray-Bans ruined in the accident?  Oh, the dangers of the high seas!

Glad you're having such a great trip despite all these trials.  🤣

One side of them still works fine JB! 
I’ve been trying to book the Oaks since April but they just won’t take one night over Aus day weekend😔 I’ll only be there a few hours anyway, I’ve a charter flight out of Redcliffe at 7am. I take my daily medicinal quinine with a little Tanqueray each evening before dinner.🥳

C31B4BB5-559E-49E1-99B7-4485221BC220.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice to hear from you M and glad you’re having such a fab time. 

Hi lovedecruisr, yes Tauranga tomorrow and Hobbiton. I’ll look out for you as we sail in. You are going to have such a fabulous time in 4 weeks! Anything you’d like to know, feel free to ask away xxx

• Like 1

Please keep posting Davey (hope you don’t mind me calling you that, feel I know you 😜), really enjoying your updates and appreciate you taking the time.

Karin

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Nice to hear from you M and glad you’re having such a fab time. 

Hi lovedecruisr, yes Tauranga tomorrow and Hobbiton. I’ll look out for you as we sail in. You are going to have such a fabulous time in 4 weeks! Anything you’d like to know, feel free to ask away xxx

You’ll love Hobbiton. Hope you have a wonderful time. They have recently modified it so I think it’s more interactive. They have added a “Hobbit Hole” you can venture into.   Should look very pretty if the flowers are all out.  
I do have a query for you. I have heard conflicting reports re the dining scenario. We booked late so we’re given the set time of 6pm. We would have preferred “anytime” as I have digestive issues and need to eat early. The special needs team at Celebrity suggested I approach the powers that be when we board and see what they can do as there isn’t even a wait list for “anytime”. However, I read on these boards that these dining times don’t exist and “anytime” dining is for everyone. Can you please confirm either way. If we can do “anytime”, I won’t need to get a letter from my Dr confirming my condition. Thank you so much. Appreciate it. 

Not at all V8 babe. I’m a huge V8fan too. My 3favourites are all v8s. 

lovedecruise, There seems to be hardly anyone that sticks to times  or restaurants, especially if you turn up early. Just rock up when you’re ready and you’ll be fine. Don’t worry a jott and have a fabulous time xxx

On 1/18/2024 at 10:04 PM, jpalbny said:

I just did. SMH. 

OK  jp - you need to explain  what  SMH  means -   as to aussies  it mean our major daily newspaper  =  Sydney Morning Herald  !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rojaan19 said:

OK  jp - you need to explain  what  SMH  means -   as to aussies  it mean our major daily newspaper  =  Sydney Morning Herald  !!!

Shake my head Rojaan. I had to look it up though. Obviously I’m not down with the kids.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

56 minutes ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Shake my head Rojaan. I had to look it up though. Obviously I’m not down with the kids.

You got it! Shaking my head.

I am the oldest of 14 siblings and cousins on my mother's side - the youngest of whom is still in his 20s - so they keep me updated on the kid lingo. And now that my oldest nephew has turned 18, the education will only continue.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

You got it! Shaking my head.

I am the oldest of 14 siblings and cousins on my mother's side - the youngest of whom is still in his 20s - so they keep me updated on the kid lingo. And now that my oldest nephew has turned 18, the education will only continue.

You are also a lot younger yourself than many of us posting here.

• Like 1

Reading @DavyWavey70’s posts and pictures, I am seriously thinking of booking an Edge class ship for the experience. It’s been many years since I was aboard a Solstice class ship. Perhaps it isn’t too big for a solo cruiser after all!  Really enjoying your posts.

• Like 2

@Montevideo – Uruguai. A short direct flight from Rio (3 hours). This is not our first time here, so we came for relaxing and working (the good thing about home office: you can work from anywhere).

Good food, good wine, good weather, reasonable prices. What more could we ask for?

The view from our hotel room balcony......

WhatsAppImage2024-01-20at14_04_03.thumb.jpeg.73e8169e9b46294ff8baf591a59791a5.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Lirio said:

@Montevideo – Uruguai. A short direct flight from Rio (3 hours). This is not our first time here, so we came for relaxing and working (the good thing about home office: you can work from anywhere).

Good food, good wine, good weather, reasonable prices. What more could we ask for?

The view from our hotel room balcony......

WhatsAppImage2024-01-20at14_04_03.thumb.jpeg.73e8169e9b46294ff8baf591a59791a5.jpeg

I've been in Buenos Aires for the past 3 days and I'm blown away with this city, loving it all , the architecture,  the exceptionally wide avenues  the greenery, the food , the wine, the people.  It's my first time in South America and this certainly won't be the last time.

I'll put Uruguay on my new list. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Port Power said:

Reading @DavyWavey70’s posts and pictures, I am seriously thinking of booking an Edge class ship for the experience. It’s been many years since I was aboard a Solstice class ship. Perhaps it isn’t too big for a solo cruiser after all!  Really enjoying your posts.

I don’t know if it’s the ship, the itinerary, the passengers, the weather or a combination of everything, It is an absolutely amazing time I’m having. The solo verandah has been great (apart from the zero drawer space issue) I don’t know if they’ve fixed that on her younger sisters but I do love the cabin and the tech. Things like using your ap to open blinds, set a/c and lighting etc is great. Highly recommended.

• Like 4

Hi DavyWavey, we watched your ship leave port tonight - what a sight to behold. We’re glad Tauranga put on a lovely fine day for you. Hope you had a wonderful time at Hobbiton. 
You may not be aware but there were two lots of pier runners. First a group of five and then a group of two. We were talking to the security workers and they were worried they weren’t going to make. First time we have seen folk running for the ship.  
Here are some photos of your departure from the port. Safe travels. 

IMG_9722.jpeg

IMG_9733.jpeg

IMG_9739.jpeg

IMG_9744.jpeg

IMG_9747.jpeg

• Like 8

Coming to you from 38000 feet on our way back to Sydney. Couldn’t help myself and started off with a Red Snapper. A Bloody Mary for gin drinkers. Not bad at all.

IMG_7573.thumb.jpeg.662b8fe4019dbab6b3a2a96a50d3f3fe.jpeg

• Like 3

Then came the canapés. Hainan chicken, grilled scallop.and Tandoori cauliflower. Actually quite nice.

IMG_7572.thumb.jpeg.1674942a4d9b3a9255db7570b339af53.jpeg

Then a nice Tom Yum soup. Served Silversea style with solids in the bowl and fluids poured over.

IMG_7574.thumb.jpeg.f7ecba0794985a8e835e06dafe2d0282.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@drron29 I'm about to find out how dinner on Qantas compares.  What airline are you on?

Hi Jazz,😃 so when do you fly out for your cruise Downunder?