Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

1 minute ago, Grand Duchess said:

Ok then, my delicious lunch yesterday😊

IMG_7878.jpeg

That looks like an awesome meal!  Now I'm craving sushi! 😋

Just now, mysty said:

That looks like an awesome meal!  Now I'm craving sushi! 😋

Very small Japanese restaurant in Baden, Switzerland. Had sublime Gyoza as a starter too. Didn't take a picture of those, was too greedy and they went in a flash😊

• Like 3

JP, so sorry about your cousin, but glad that you were able to attend and spend some quality time, however brief, with extended family.

Hope that your upcoming travels go much more smoothly than that return home!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi coolers......home from my cruise and I seem to have caught a cough.......not sure where  I caught it except to say they kept the public spaces FREEZING cold.........and I don't keep my stateroom that cold so I was in between temperatures. I don't have a cold and no fever (thankfully) just a Pain in the A$$ cough. 

I would say overall I had a good time but I definitely did some comparisons and as much as I have been reading people's displeasure with SS.......I missed the intimacy of the smaller ships and it was SO NOISY on board too. but I guess when you have 2800 people on board that is what happens. 

My cabin was vert good size and so was my balcony so that was good😀and I met some really nice people too. So that was really good too.

Hope all of you are doing well.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

Feel better soon, Lois. Is your cruise really over so quickly?

Hi JP, it was only a week. Way too short!

Thanks, I will get some cough syrup tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi coolers......home from my cruise and I seem to have caught a cough.......not sure where  I caught it except to say they kept the public spaces FREEZING cold.........and I don't keep my stateroom that cold so I was in between temperatures. I don't have a cold and no fever (thankfully) just a Pain in the A$$ cough. 

I would say overall I had a good time but I definitely did some comparisons and as much as I have been reading people's displeasure with SS.......I missed the intimacy of the smaller ships and it was SO NOISY on board too. but I guess when you have 2800 people on board that is what happens. 

My cabin was vert good size and so was my balcony so that was good😀and I met some really nice people too. So that was really good too.

Hope all of you are doing well.

If there were any coughing Australians on board it is quite likely you have RSV -Respiratory Syncytial Virus. A lot in Australia at the moment and often is just a cough which can last a while. We are up to the average yearly number of cases and winter has only just started. Sad as it is very dangerous for infants especially under 6 months. There have been a few deaths in that age group. but you will recover if that is the cause.

I have just got over it for the second time that I know of. The first time i got it was when running an Influenza ward. found out how quickly PCRs can be done. When it ws confirmed as RSV it was straight back to work.

10 minutes ago, drron29 said:

If there were any coughing Australians on board it is quite likely you have RSV -Respiratory Syncytial Virus. A lot in Australia at the moment and often is just a cough which can last a while. We are up to the average yearly number of cases and winter has only just started. Sad as it is very dangerous for infants especially under 6 months. There have been a few deaths in that age group. but you will recover if that is the cause.

I have just got over it for the second time that I know of. The first time i got it was when running an Influenza ward. found out how quickly PCRs can be done. When it ws confirmed as RSV it was straight back to work.

Hi, I did not meet anyone from Australia. The majority were from the Northeast. NY, NJ and CT. Others from around the US with only a few I met from Europe.

Ha Ha  thats funny  mysty !! You have forgotten how to  cook  !  I would have too  if I had been  on a world cruise !!  

I would stay  out of that place  they  call a kitchen   for as long as possible  !!  💗🍸💗

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rojaan19 said:

Ha Ha  thats funny  mysty !! You have forgotten how to  cook  !  I would have too  if I had been  on a world cruise !!  

I would stay  out of that place  they  call a kitchen   for as long as possible  !!  💗🍸💗

except when prefaced by the adjectives black and tartan!!!  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I have been away for while travelling around South Island in NZ, working and staying the most possible with daughter. I will try to catch up ASAP.

Unfortunately, 45 days passed very, very fast and next Sunday we will fly back home with bags full of wine bottles.

We visited Invercargill for an oyster festival, went to Nugget Point to celebrate 20 years from our 1st visit, Wanaka and Queenstown. Very cold, but wonderful (after all I went the there for cold weather, for hot weather I stay home that is free of charge)!

Soon I will organize the photos and post some.

The only inconvenience: daughter confessed she didn’t like to cruise and do not want to cruise with us again…….This means I will have to arrange 2 vacations per year, with and without her……

Edited by Lirio
typo
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Good Evening Coolers!

Still down at balcony@seaside and we’ve been eating simply but enjoyably with curries delivered many evenings with nice frozen German beers.  

Great views, great curry great strawberries and ice-cream and great beers … and the naans were very very good.

Have a great day all.

Jeff

IMG_5627.jpeg

IMG_5587.jpeg

IMG_5583.jpeg

• Like 3

I haven't seen your view in a long time, Jeff, nice to be reacquainted with it. Sunshine in Lincs. also

today.  I too have just finished a curry  -  jalfrezi, and touch too hot for me so ameliorated with some yogurt.  (No. I didn't make it, shame on me).

Lola

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I haven't seen your view in a long time, Jeff, nice to be reacquainted with it. Sunshine in Lincs. also

today.  I too have just finished a curry  -  jalfrezi, and touch too hot for me so ameliorated with some yogurt.  (No. I didn't make it, shame on me).

Lola

Thanks Lola, 🙂

It is great that we were currying along together at the same time and I long ago decided I’m too lazy and only scratch make stuff when I add genuine value.  What’s the point of cooking unless what you cook is better.  And we’re so blessed in the UK to have some really great curry places.  You order on an app and a little bit later it magically appears.  Life can be so wonderful.  And I don’t have to listen to a dozen other  people making obscene noises with poppadoms.  And my beer is better and colder and I can drink as much of it as I want because I’m not driving.  I can then lock the front door.  And doze afterwards. 

We’ve realised that during covid and since we haven’t been visiting Seaside as much as we should which is daft.  Having cut out or down with travel and cruises it fills a big gap wonderfully.  It is great to simply decide without planning to go, fill Helga with stuff and drive and arrive a couple of hours later.  And then return when the mood takes us as and when we feel like.  We are so fortunate and I do not take it for granted.

Glad you re-liked the view from Balcony.  The airshow was great and She could watch it on the TV and The balcony.  She was running from the TV to the Balcony like an antelope and didn’t make sense of the tv/live delays!

Jeff

IMG_5549.jpeg

IMG_5564.png

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Good Evening Coolers!

Still down at balcony@seaside and we’ve been eating simply but enjoyably with curries delivered many evenings with nice frozen German beers.  

Great views, great curry great strawberries and ice-cream and great beers … and the naans were very very good.

Have a great day all.

Jeff

IMG_5627.jpeg

IMG_5587.jpeg

IMG_5583.jpeg

Where is it?