Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Sorry to hear about the fraud Spinns. Hopefully it’ll get sorted easily. I had one recently but bank were straight on it and rang me without even authorising the first attempt. 

Most of our regular happy coolers seem to be having amazing adventures. I’m still struggling on through Ginuary. Had some new Gins arrived today. So for the 16th of Ginuary, a Cherry Bakewell Soda.

075D6DED-E009-48E3-B216-E29471F552E2.jpeg

704DF5B1-1E38-42E6-B4B2-D150C656DA0F.jpeg

• Like 1

Loving the gins DW!

Myster and I had lunch at the Moorea Beach Cafe.  Here are some pics....

The ambiance:

DSC05424.JPG.c6bd6219ce878dc04d90ac9dc807e125.JPG

Interesting take on a Greek Salad...with papaya...

DSC05425.JPG.f55c052453142939d9fea45b55ea47ef.JPG

And grilled fish.....

DSC05426.JPG.f24d5e1e7226f36350b15c22b4717bfe.JPG

Myster had pumpkin soup and a pizza.  🙂

Good Morning all.  

Davey those Gins look good.  I was getting jittery with my mini-bar billing mounting up on the in-suite TV billing summary as it was extremely high and free mini-bar was special part of my agreed rate!  But luckilly they cleared it overnight and so  I have a clean slate and relatively free rein to build the balance up again.   The guilty cloud has been sated. 

Spins, hope you get it all  sorted.

M .... lovely to see your trip progressing.  That Greek salad was odd.  You’d expect tomatoes.  Perhaps they ran out and thought papaya was an adequate sub.  Or perhaps it is the relentless pursuit of perfectly good and well established norms being replaced with their insatiable “with a twist ....”

We’re heading back next Wednesday.  2K and 3K selected.  Looking forward to making my first baguette ... I so miss my  kitchen as sad as that may seem. 🙂

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Thanks 1

Waiting with baited breath for more hunter pics here Jeff! I’d move to Singapore tomorrow just for the food. Glad they removed those pesky minibar charges. That’s one way to spoil your fun. Loved the vodka in the Maccyds coke trick.

M, your adventure looks amazing, so beautiful. I’m looking forward to your internet connection matching your experience. 

JP where are you up to? 

Currently plotting the Alaska/Canada extravaganza for 2019. If things work out we’ll arrive in Vancouver 5 hrs before the Muse departs for 10 nights and then rent an RV for 3 nights to visit Banff, Lake Louise, Lake Moraine. Hope it all pans out.

in the spirit of the 10 year challenge, we started dismantling our lounge bar yesterday and I found an old pic of me and Mrs O from our Thompson cruise in 2007. 

3E4AF206-A26A-4B1C-B370-78F328524718.jpeg

• Like 1

Good morning...….JP, good to hear from you and great photo!

Since bottles have been shown lately.....here is wishing everyone a fun weekend. I know much of the country is under cold/snowy weather so hoping the picture below gives you a smile.:classic_biggrin:

Image result for Happy Weekend

Great travel photos Mysty, Jeff, and JP.   60 more days until our departure ....

JP,  you may want to think twice about coming home.  We have 2 feet of snow, and it's still coming down.  This started by 4pm yesterday, we had a couple of hours of sleet and freezing rain (and freezing fog!!!!) this morning to make things interesting, now its back to snow.   We're bundled in, chili in the instantpot, and plenty of wine & mojito supplies.

Jan

1 hour ago, UpstateJan said:

Great travel photos Mysty, Jeff, and JP.   60 more days until our departure ....

JP,  you may want to think twice about coming home.  We have 2 feet of snow, and it's still coming down.  This started by 4pm yesterday, we had a couple of hours of sleet and freezing rain (and freezing fog!!!!) this morning to make things interesting, now its back to snow.   We're bundled in, chili in the instantpot, and plenty of wine & mojito supplies.   Jan

Yes and YES!!  Agree with Jan and others as to the wonderful visuals from Mysty, Jeff and J.P.  Keep 'em coming.   

Storms and bad weather?  It's hitting big time.  Below are a couple of graphics to document and prove both the cold and snow hitting key parts of North American right now. Next Saturday, we will be flying down to southern Florida and doing some sun escape in the Keys.  Could not talk my wife into doing a cruise in the Carib.  Too soon after our November-December Athens to Dubai, 20-day Holy Lands/Egypt cruise with Oceania.  Upcoming will be in less than six months for doing western Canada and then seven days on the Silver Muse with our first visit to Alaska.  

Sorry to hear of the identity theft challenges for Spins and DH.  Any progress in solving, fixing?  How it happened, best ways to prevent?

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise from Copenhagen, July 2010, to the top of Europe. Wonderful scenic visuals with key tips. Live/blog at 233,453 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From AccuWeather, below is our current and upcoming weather in Central Ohio.  In the second graphic is the visual summary for part of the Midwest and Northeast.  Not a pretty weather picture??!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

1305222570_ScreenShot2019-01-20at12_39_00PM.thumb.png.c1ebee04b7cf9c322498e4acbb4c4aa6.png

502840601_ScreenShot2019-01-20at12_40_46PM.thumb.png.9d6c2be1822a3474b460c05970a8138d.png

For those in sunny areas of the world who have forgotten the "Look of Winter", below are are couple of visuals this afternoon from our home in Columbus. 

From our family room, here is the snowy look out towards our wooded back yard.  Second is how things looked this afternoon from our front door down to the roadway and bridge in our ravine area in Central Ohio.:

1901458133_CMA_07422.jpg.42222a66898107889d52e7eb2e958164.jpg

1190827920_CMA_07441.thumb.jpg.32d96902563f811b562e9569751404b4.jpg

Sorry Spins. Agree it's only a matter of time. The US government database where they stored comprehensive background check info got hacked a few years ago so both Chris and I are at risk. Good luck.

Hanging at the lounge in BA waiting to board in 45 minutes or so. It's been an awesome trip and I highly recommend Awasi lodges to anyone looking for a high quality visit to any or all of these 3 locations. It would be hard to imagine how they could do it better. Blog to follow some day!

Today was a free day in BA so we wandered the Puerto Madero area for a few hours.

20190120_132416.thumb.jpg.7ee307f8d1f049cdf6cccfc231a49a54.jpg

We actually sat and watched the world go by at times. We stopped off for a drink when we got too warm (it was 75 degrees). No agenda at all. Definitely not our usual style!

20190120_134700.thumb.jpg.4bb30266b66a2018818d413b6c3a1100.jpg

Had a great late lunch around 4, with a Malbec from a winery we had visited in Mendoza. 

20190120_162302.thumb.jpg.1179fbc9bfe4b92441666f28e38a9940.jpg

Huge portions of beef, and awesome potatoes. 

20190120_163046.thumb.jpg.9b426afdbbfc1c366b11fb6c0fdfab1d.jpg

We lingered over coffee afterwards until they brought the check. It was lovely. We should try this more often! 

Jan, I do wish we didn't have to come home. Hopefully the roads are ok by tomorrow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jpalbny said:

Hanging at the lounge in BA waiting to board in 45 minutes or so. It's been an awesome trip. Blog to follow some day!   Jan, I do wish we didn't have to come home. Hopefully the roads are ok by tomorrow. 

Looks like a fun and exciting "adventure" by Chris and J.P.  Look forward to seeing and learning more details from your blog.  Know it might take a little time to organize and post. We're patient. 

Were others able to see the reddish moon that just happened near midnight?  Below is one picture that I snapped with my camera from our back patio.  Nice clear skies!!!  Temperature was down to only 5F so I did not stay outside too long.  

For Live/Blog “Greece, Holy Lands, Egypt, Dubai, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East, check:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

Here is my photo view of the total lunar eclipse and super blood wolf moon.  Did other to outside to see this unique event?:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see this picture larger/better!)

1639283903_CMA_076514.jpg.a9b4b094dd387ee178ab5b2c07ed9c32.jpg

Good Afternoon All ... 

Safe travels JP and Chris ...

Dave ... no I only ever had one Singapore Sling and I simply do not get it. It is amazing how Raffles has kept the bar open during it’s closure simply because every  tourist from some countries feel the need for a Singapore Sling at Raffles.  

Esconsed in the suite for afternoon voddy and Cokes after a lovely morning in Botanic Gardens followed by an Adana kebab!   Checking in in a few hours in prep for our Tuesday night flight back.  14 hour flight .... urghhhhhhh ..... 😞

18 hours ago, spinnaker2 said:

Terry. It's going to be 45 here in South Florida tonight.  Might want to check weather. DH soc security number stolen.  No idea how.  Maybe dark web purchase.  So many hacks of big companies with data it's going to be a lot more common.

Appreciate the follow-up from Spins on several important issues.  Sad and amazing how these identity theft situations and happen and affect us.   Yes, things are a little cooler now in South Florida.  BUT, look at the graphic comparisons below.  Sounds like Florida and the Keys will be better.  Right?

From AccuWeather, now even at 11 am, this is our current weather in Central Ohio.  Sunny is nice, but the temperatures are very, very COLD!!.:

564365936_ScreenShot2019-01-21at11_03_46AM.thumb.png.7349d08ef646f5093fd8dd78a69f2c29.png

By contrast, below is what AccuWeather is projecting for us next week in the area of the Florida Keys where we will be hanging out and seeking to soak up some warmer conditions.  Comparing the two locations, which will be better?:

694605462_ScreenShot2019-01-21at11_04_34AM.thumb.png.b175e6a2915fc7526f8a968ebcea541a.png

Bill, that looks like the weather in Iguazu, except that we had a little more rain. The heat was incredible - it was in the low-mid 90s every day. I enjoyed it as much as I could, because I knew that we'd get whacked with the cold when we got home. 

Sure enough, it was -1 when we pulled into the driveway. That kind of temperature swing can really make you wonder why you decided to come home. Brr! It may go above freezing on Wednesday so that would be nice.

On the plus side, all of our wine bottles arrived intact and are now safely stored in the wine refrigerator, ready for special occasions to come. 

On cruise ships, I used to laugh at crew from the tropics who had to 'bundle up' - wear thick coats & woolen watch caps - when the temperature dropped below 25 C. Now that I've lived for a year in Vietnam, I've become acclimatized and will be/am just like them. Last week, it was about 23 C one night... and I had to come in from my patio and get a coat!!! :classic_rolleyes:

Off to South Georgia at the end of the month (as a brass monkey). :classic_ohmy: