Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Glad you had a great visit, Terry!  The Flying Fig has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years.  And the great Cleveland Orchestra has  been a treat for a long, long time.  Mrs. Wellseasoned sang in the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus for over 30 years.  (I can't sing a note!) 

2 hours ago, Wellseasoned said:

Glad you had a great visit, Terry!  The Flying Fig has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years.  And the great Cleveland Orchestra has  been a treat for a long, long time.  Mrs. Wellseasoned sang in the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus for over 30 years.  (I can't sing a note!) 

Great to know of the wonderful Cleveland-connections for Wellseasoned.  Yes, the Flying Fig and that area of Ohio City within Cleveland has such super nice character and style.  Plus, excellent dining.  WOW, excellent to hear that your wife has had such musical talent and dedication from having over 30 years of service with this world-class music operation.  

Weather?  Below is the mid-day view out our front door of the snow today.  Local schools were closed and traffic was a mess. Glad that I did not need to do any driving today.   

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Fun, interesting visuals, plus travel details from this early 2016 live/blog. At 44,399 views. Featuring Cape Town, South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

313443458_IMG_35161.jpg.67ee8793edf1f5abf5af0727798668c0.jpg

6 hours ago, Daveywavey70 said:

Stumbles, can I just compliment you on your beautifully worded response in another thread. I’m cackling at the deftness of the delivery of the sentiment. 

Thx Davey.  

I probably should have just kept my mouth shut and scrolled on, but the better of my assumptions got the best of me.  Doesn’t make it right in any way, shape, or form, but at least I got my feelings off my chest.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Thx Davey.  

I probably should have just kept my mouth shut and scrolled on, but the better of my assumptions got the best of me.  Doesn’t make it right in any way, shape, or form, but at least I got my feelings off my chest.

No you shouldn't.  Giving a bit of amusement and joy to others shouldn't be on the embargo list of innocent pleasures ...

I found myself musing on your words .... and thought of ...

The Seven Ages of Man

Speech from William Shakespeare’s As You Like It, Act II scene vii

Jaques: "All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players:

They have their exits and their entrances;

And one man in his time plays many parts,

His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,

Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.

And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel

And shining morning face, creeping like snail

Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,

Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad

Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,

Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,

Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,

Seeking the bubble reputation

Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,

In fair round belly with good capon lined,

With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,

Full of wise saws and modern instances;

And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts

Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,

With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,

His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide

For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,

Turning again toward childish treble, pipes

And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,

That ends this strange eventful history,

Is second childishness and mere oblivion,

Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

No you shouldn't.  Giving a bit of amusement and joy to others shouldn't be on the embargo list of innocent pleasures ...

I found myself musing on your words .... and thought of ...

The Seven Ages of Man

Speech from William Shakespeare’s As You Like It, Act II scene vii

Jaques: "All the world's a stage,

And all the men and women merely players:

They have their exits and their entrances;

And one man in his time plays many parts,

His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,

Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.

And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel

And shining morning face, creeping like snail

Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,

Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad

Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,

Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,

Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,

Seeking the bubble reputation

Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,

In fair round belly with good capon lined,

With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,

Full of wise saws and modern instances;

And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts

Into the lean and slipper'd pantaloon,

With spectacles on nose and pouch on side,

His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide

For his shrunk shank; and his big manly voice,

Turning again toward childish treble, pipes

And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,

That ends this strange eventful history,

Is second childishness and mere oblivion,

Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

Where’s the like button Jeffers....😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Yeah but. It was really well-written. I got whiplash from the last part!

OTOH, the OP did come back and kinda admit that he was clumsily joking around, which was my eventual assumption. Thus I sat on my hands, and resisted piling on until it was clear one way or the other. Tongue-in-cheek does not translate well on internet posts. Usually best to give the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2

Good morning friends...…...glad it is the weekend.  There is a Greek Festival happening here today and tomorrow so I think I will go see what they have to offer. I am betting there will be some Greek food (LOVE!)……….hopefully it will be good!

I am still trying to decide where to eat dinner before my cruise.  JP,  I may go to the Italian place that was recommended by one of the folks on my roll call....haven't made a final decision though.   Do you know the steakhouse "Frankie and Johnny's"?

As for the guy asking about SS and being 60 and single...…..SS is perfect for me:classic_biggrin:

And I am sure ya'll heard the news about Robert Kraft....when I saw that, I thought....."seriously"?...…...Robert Kraft, the BILLIONAIRE needs to go to a hooker?...Seems to me like he should be able to find someone without having to pay for it.

But what do I know?...…..

Anyway,

See the source image

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning friends...…...glad it is the weekend.  

And I am sure ya'll heard the news about Robert Kraft....when I saw that, I thought....."seriously"?...…...Robert Kraft, the BILLIONAIRE needs to go to a hooker?...Seems to me like he should be able to find someone without having to pay for it.  But what do I know?...…..

YES, fascinating story about Robert Kraft and his "adventures" in Florida.  As I have read more on this story (with many additional names to come out), I am fortunate to say that I have not done that, nor been there!!  It seems, especially for a famous guy and mega billionaire, Kraft could have easily afford a "higher-class" establishment.  Seems like a really low-level place using foreign girls under rather dire and bad circumstances.  I mentioned this to a friend yesterday about if he had used higher-class/cost call-girls, then he would have had less risk.  Her response was that New York's Governor from a few years back did that with high-priced hookers and it did not work out well for him.  This will be an interesting story to follow.  Clearly the media loves these types of sex-rated stories that gain lots of "clicks" and views.  

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 43,811 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

• Haha 1

My wife's just told me that Peter Tork of The Monkees has died. 

At first I didn't believe her, then I saw her face. 

I don't know where you get your material but I'm loving' it.

Met you and your wife (with soft cast on leg) a few years ago at a meet and greet

ICW a transatlantic cruise. Carry on doctor.

2 hours ago, Tothesunset said:

My wife's just told me that Peter Tork of The Monkees has died. 

At first I didn't believe her, then I saw her face. 

Ok, so I didn't believe it .... just went to google.   I read this to my husband ... and then had to explain "honey, that was one of their biggest hits" .   Thank you for the funny yet sad post, and now even more sad because I had to 'splain it. 

58 minutes ago, UpstateJan said:

Lois, how did you get a picture of me leaving work yesterday?  I sure do look happy.......

lol......cute thing....there are so many funny photos on line:classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, TLCOhio said:

YES, fascinating story about Robert Kraft and his "adventures" in Florida.  As I have read more on this story (with many additional names to come out), I am fortunate to say that I have not done that, nor been there!!  It seems, especially for a famous guy and mega billionaire, Kraft could have easily afford a "higher-class" establishment.  Seems like a really low-level place using foreign girls under rather dire and bad circumstances.  I mentioned this to a friend yesterday about if he had used higher-class/cost call-girls, then he would have had less risk.  Her response was that New York's Governor from a few years back did that with high-priced hookers and it did not work out well for him.  This will be an interesting story to follow.  Clearly the media loves these types of sex-rated stories that gain lots of "clicks" and views.  

SE Asia/Mekong River, Etc.!  Live/blog from early 2018, first adventure through SE Asia, stops in Hong Kong and Bangkok, before exploring all over Vietnam and Cambodia, seven days sailing on the Mekong River. Now at 43,811 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2591474

Hi Terry, I don't care what the man does but you know this is not just prostitution but from what I have read, these girls are pretty much slaves.....it is supposed to be BAD trafficking. And IF he knew about that? Then (In my opinion) he is a real scum bag and he needs to be treated as such.

2 hours ago, USAFSS4Ever said:

Met you and your wife (with soft cast on leg) a few years ago at a meet and greet

ICW a transatlantic cruise. Carry on doctor.

Yes, indeed.  Spirit, Fort Lauderdale - Lisbon if memory serves.  She was walking with a pronounced limp - L I M P, pronounced limp.

So we were in New York over the weekend and I picked up a piece of guanciale at Eataly. Have been wanting to try it for a while.

I cut it in thin pieces and crisped it in a pan. Then made a simple pasta recipe with parmesan cheese and some pasta water to thin it, and spiced it with wild pepper from Madagascar (it has a fruitier flavor than regular pepper). Kind of like cacio e pepe.

Finished product. Simple but delicious.

20190223_183007.thumb.jpg.f4e215128400f9685ba659b66331e74a.jpg

Of course now I am waiting for a call from work to go in for a procedure. Oh well, the weekend had been going really well so far, so I guess I was due.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 1

JP, I am wondering if I should just have dinner somewhere at Eataly and then go to the show.....then I thought about a steak.  I love a good steak:classic_biggrin: and The Big Apple has a lot of choices! One of the guys

on the East Coast Forum recommended Gallagher's. I looked at their website and it looks really good:classic_biggrin:

Oh, your pasta looks YUMMY!!!!!!!