Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi ya'll..…...BIll, that sounds like a totally fantastic trip.  I am hoping to retire in 2 years and the big trip I want to do is Australia/New Zealand.

Today is errands...….going to the post office and getting a hair cut too.  Then we have the NFL Playoffs  and I am big football fan so will be watching them.

Image result for happy weekend

• Like 1

Greetings Coolers!

As might be expected internet access has been slooooooooow!  Seems a tad better this morning.

Bill...your adventure sounds awesome.  Soak up the joy!

J...your spot looks amazing!  Very humid here too!  Enjoy!

Lois...thanks for the Happy Weekend.  I'm losing track of what day it is.  🙂

Have a great day/evening/night all!

Hi To One and All.....

So lovely to read about the fabulous adventures of those travelling.....have been trying to keep up!

DW...loving the GinFest! For some reason the said liquor doesn’t agree with me these days so l stick to Vodka! 😉

Mysty...your big adventure is sounding very exciting......yours too JP and Chris....

Jeffers....so good to see the Big Mac is still on offer in Singapore!!

Bill...your planned trip sounds amazing.....

Lois...retirement is brilliant....hope you have lots of good trips on your bucket list!

Nothing planned here until my next cruise in May.....have been trawling around the local garden centres buying up some festive stuff at half price.....most of which l will probably forget about by December 🎄

The seasonal snowdrops are starting to shoot up but the weather has been rather mild lately...snow is however forecast for next weekend which will most likely encourage the panic buyers into action!

Happy Weekend 😊

• Like 1

I’m enjoying reading the water cooler. The trips all sound great. 

I have to wait till September for my next cruise - Broome to Cairns around the top of Australia. It’s three weeks and we will add on some time at either end. 

I have never heard of some of the gins Bill.  They sound delicious. I’ll have to try some of the cocktails. 

Have our 2 grandchildren for the week as it’s school holidays and parents are back at work.  We have lots of fun things to do planned and we will enjoy having them. 

The weather will be in the 30Cs so good pool weather too. 

We deliver them home at the end of the week and "reward" ourselves with a night at our club, and a nice dinner. 

Off shopping for food and bribes for the week. Grandparents are allowed to do it!😍

On 1/12/2019 at 12:22 PM, jillyf said:

I have to wait till September for my next cruise - Broome to Cairns around the top of Australia. It’s three weeks and we will add on some time at either end. 

Jilly,

What line are you sailing on?  I've only been to Cairns before and can't see to find the Broome to Cairns voyage on Silversea during this September.

50 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Jilly,

What line are you sailing on?  I've only been to Cairns before and can't see to find the Broome to Cairns voyage on Silversea during this September.

It’s with Coral Expeditions  https://www.coralexpeditions.com/

We will be on the Coral Discoverer, a 72 passenger ship.

Friends have cruised with them and been happy ( although they haven’t been on Silversea :classic_biggrin:). 

The cruise we are on only has a once a year trip from Darwin to Cairns but usually cruises from Broome to Darwin and back. 

In the cyclone season it spends time around Tasmania. 

Last night on SBS (TV channel) they did a slow Broome to Darwin trip. No voice over or music. We recorded it and will watch in stages. A bit like watching paint dry with scenery!

They did that on the Ghan train trip and people enjoyed it. 

Good Afternoon all ....

Another day mooching around and we noticed today that the queue for Hawker Chan in the Chinatown Food Complex was shorter than normal and so wifey did the right thing and queued whilst I sat and planned the order for our meal.  Basically the simple plan was to order one of everything.  🙂

Hawker Chan is the only hawker to have gained Michellin recognition and is probably the cheapest (and in some views - the best) Michellin foof you can buy ..... 

https://guide.michelin.com/sg/liao-fan-hawker-chan/restaurant

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=8w08XOTRDcWEvQSCrYD4DA&q=singapore+hawker+chan+michelin&oq=singapore+michelin+chan+&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-hp.1.0.0i22i30l3.1539.15006..17010...4.0..1.657.3345.18j5j3j5-1......0....1.......5..35i39j0i131j0j0i13j33i22i29i30j33i160.0-_wXeCQLkY

This post some picures of hawker Chan’s stall and below was our meal.

4384799D-2B3E-498E-B0C5-491F60F18E6C.jpeg

57C5BE3B-1AA3-4B89-B7B3-2100256898D6.jpeg

7DA76DDA-2614-4C51-94F4-5029CA0C0856.jpeg

9BEE6395-1D76-45A1-88EC-CBBE41E50CCD.jpeg

AE7AB423-2C17-4309-8532-0954B56FF103.jpeg

• Like 1

I really splashed out on the girl,  and bought us some char siu, some pork ribs, some crispy roasted pork with two dishes of soy chicken, with some noodles, rice, udon noodles and some soy beansprout. She loved the soy chicken and I loved the char siu which was pretty similar to my copyof it at home. We didn’t eat it all.   Hard to believe that this next year is the year of the pig!  There can’t be that many left. 

The total cost was an eye-watering S$15 which is around £9.70 for all six dishes.  There was no champagne but I went off and bought her a freshly crushed cane juice which was almos £1.  I know how to treat a gal ...... 🙂

6A77851D-6BC8-488C-8615-BE430E767276.jpeg

01CF982C-E9AA-426E-8402-002DBBD7770D.jpeg

08D11071-D9E0-4E19-95C3-F7D43ECF7B4A.jpeg

2D1F0E11-AC36-412C-8345-B13D2DA834D5.jpeg

F3563CC8-908D-40DE-8DFA-E97B27EF673D.jpeg

AB518159-F506-43DD-AAA4-9F478D084563.jpeg

A9F0646E-5679-4717-83EB-1A96FF8206A5.jpeg

DE3D5999-999F-4635-8416-6F8567C153FB.jpeg

D881639C-0F62-4375-94E6-594CF57455FD.jpeg

E7705E59-36B5-4E03-9159-02FDA7B0577D.jpeg

• Like 1

I went out this weekend and tried a new cider.....it was quite good too.  Normally I like Angry Orchard......this is called Strongbow......I think it is my new favorite:classic_smile:

1528926509-strongbow-gold-apple-cider-1528926486.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;center,top&resize=*:2130

Hello all.

Counting the days until we may board a certain ship for lunch with friends.

Had to cancel our ski trip and rent out the place. Maybe we will go in March. Or Not.

I have been enjoying reading about the fun and frolic of the coolers, always very entertaining!

Lois

I am mortified by DC.

Dealing now with identity theft.

DH had social security number stolen.

We are now getting 6k mattress.

And loans taken out.

Just frightening.

Having to stay on top of all.

Edited by spinnaker2

How awful. I hope it doesn’t happen to us.  We think we are doing all the right things but you never know how it happens. 

We had our credit card hacked in France once. We heard from the bank when someone tried to buy a motor bike in Houston.