Which 2 “free” items did/would you pick

cruisewithbaby

UBP and the dining. The internet stinks on the ship, and I'm there to relax anyway. I think it's the best bang for your buck. Happy sailing

We always get the internet only because we have to keep in touch back home for the house and dog sitter via emails. Otherwise I wouldn't bother as we don't post anything or do any work. We have had spotty connections on many ships, but they always fix it.

Our options are the following (copy/pasted from our group coordinator's (aka my Uncle) email:

1. Unlimited beverage package

2. Free shore excursions

3. Free specialty dining

4. Free WiFi

5. Daily service charges included

I'm thinking daily service charges and wifi ....

I'm not a huge foodie so I don't really care about specialty dining, I don't plan to book any shore excursions, and I don't drink enough to make the UBP much of a deal (for me).

That's exactly how I would make the decision, and for the same reasons. We don't drink enough to make the ~$18 a day worthwhile, so that's money out of our pocket. Free Wifi is one I would use. And not having the pay the DSC is a definite plus ... that saves you the ~$15 per day. Add that to the ~$18 a day for the beverage package and you are really saving $33 by making that choice. You can drink a lot for $33.

April cruise we did Dining and the Drink Package. For my cruise next month we chose the Drink and the Gratuities. When I did the math on the tips for the cruise, we came out ahead by choosing that as opposed to the dining package.

What cruise line offers the free gratuities. I'd love that perk.

Ahhh, that's the catch. We don't use a TA and don't travel with a group......darn! :(

You may want to consider using a TA in the future. It should not cost you anything and could end up saving you money. You don’t need to know anyone in a group to be included in one. On my last ncl cruise I was the only one in the group lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which 2 of the free promo items did/would you pick?

Free UBP for 2

Free 3 meals for 2

Free 250 WiFi min

$50 shire excursion credit per port

Taking a poll...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From this, I would pick the dining package and the drinking package even though there are gratuities to be pay.

The other 2 items do not need to pay anything, but the internet is not interested to me. If I am on a vacation, why bother surfing the web when I can do so at home and if I needed to get in touch with my families, I can wait til we get to a port to use free wifi. Also, no checking emails or doing works. Vacation is vacation, time to have fun and relax.

Shore excursions - to use up the $50 per port - it mean to schedule a shore excursion that cost at least more than $50. If the amount of the shore excursions is less than $50, NCL do not apply the whole $50. And if a port is skipped, no $50 given. Those that cruised a lot and had been to those places (Bahamas, Bermuda, etc) before, they would rather be on the cruise ship or do their own shore excursions.

Which 2 of the free promo items did/would you pick?

Free UBP for 2

Free 3 meals for 2

Free 250 WiFi min

$50 shire excursion credit per port

Taking a poll...

I booked through a travel agent and booked a balcony room was able to pick 2 .went with unlimited drinks and dining package and she offered an extra one free.Plus $200 credit. NCL was no able to offer that

I hate the price bundling with promos.

Still, one our upcoming cruise we picked dining and internet.

Wife has to have the internet.

Don't like the drinks package that doesn't have a good cabernet wine. Also, the inflated value of the drinks package with excessive gratuities adds significantly to the cost. We are moderate drinkers and drink mainly wine. Used to love the wine deals, about $300 for 10 bottles of wine for a two week cruise. Now if you accept the drink package, you pay almost that much just for the gratuities on the package. Instead, we enjoy the free bottle of wine with our free Platinum meal and I take some wine that we like onboard and pay the $15 per bottle corkage charge.