Not happy with Norwegian Cruise Lines

stuufy1

So you are ignoring the assumptions that you made about me? You could of have suggested we agree to diasgree after my first comment, but you didnt (which supports my theory). No I am not "treated badly" as you *assumed* I just don't expect anyone to break I contract I agreed to, simply because I no longer like the terms. Nobody mislead you. Itinerary changes are also pretty common. So if there was only one cruise that you wanted to travel on in the next four years, a CruiseNext certificate was not a good idea. But obviously it is evil NCLs fault.

Wha:*tever

Thanks - I love my city also. We purchased the certificates the very last day of our Panama Cruise so no on board credits. In fact the promotion from Norwegian Cruise Lines was they gave double the credits - so when I bought $500 they gave me an extra $500. Hope that makes sense. I'm more than willing to sell the certificates so if anyone is interested - I paid $500 US - If anyone pays me that amount and you'll get $1000 US in credits. You can only use one certificate per cruise (2 if you book a balcony or better). The certificates expiry in April 2022.

You did get an onboard credit then. You got the advertised $500 in on board credit. You paid $1000 for four and received $500 in onboard credit.

If you loved NCL so much, why not use them on a different cruise? You’ve got four years to do it... and if you book a balcony, you can use two at the same time if it’s six or more months out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So happy to hear this. What lines are you cruising? I want to be on a ship with as few people like you as possible.

They did not lie to you. They gave you the correct information at the time. Then things change. Guess what? I booked a cruise that was supposed to go to Dominica. The itinerary changed. We wanted to go to Dominica (it was somewhere new!). But now we are not going. We are not planning on suing anyone, nor do we expect a refund.

The itinerary we booked for a cruise last year changed as well. No thoughts of suing. You do things based on information people give you. Things change. You deal. You do not call a freaking lawyer. Or, well, you have your poor relative step in for you. I feel sorry for them.

In my opinion you are quite the piece of work. Hopefully I'm never stuck on a ship with the likes of you. Please stick to your beloved Norwegian and then our paths will never cross.

OP- Why didn't you book the cruise at the time you purchased the certificates? If there was such a cruise it would have been available. If it didn't exist, as you claim, and the employee lied to you, you wouldn't have been able to book and you would have caught him in his "act of deception".

You did get an onboard credit then. You got the advertised $500 in on board credit. You paid $1000 for four and received $500 in onboard credit.

If you loved NCL so much, why not use them on a different cruise? You’ve got four years to do it... and if you book a balcony, you can use two at the same time if it’s six or more months out.

What are you talking about? No don't bother continuing with this insanity.

In my opinion you are quite the piece of work. Hopefully I'm never stuck on a ship with the likes of you. Please stick to your beloved Norwegian and then our paths will never cross.

I don’t think anyone will mind if you never set foot in NCL again. I can’t imagine what it would be like to sail with you constantly complaining about everything.

What are you talking about? No don't bother continuing with this insanity.

Four certificates are $1000. If you purchase four, you $500 in OBC.

Therefore, your final price is $500.

They didn’t give you “double” for your money. They gave you exactly what the advertise... buy four and get $500 OBC.

I'm wondering why OP doesn't attempt to resolve the issue right here, right now!

"I have 2 cruise next certificates to sell, send me an email and we can get this done!"

Would be so much easier and would mean OP could get back to living instead of stuck in this vortex he/she's in right now.

Not sure what your comments mean but I'm more than willing to sell the certificates so if anyone is interested - I paid $500 US - If anyone pays me that amount and you'll get $1000 US in credits. You can only use one certificate per cruise (2 if you book a balcony or better). The certificates expiry in April 2022.

Four certificates are $1000. If you purchase four, you $500 in OBC.

Therefore, your final price is $500.

They didn’t give you “double” for your money. They gave you exactly what the advertise... buy four and get $500 OBC.

Maybe you should check your facts.:evilsmile:

Maybe you should check your facts.:evilsmile:

There's nothing to check... the Cruise Next deal has essentially been the same for some time now. It's as follows:

One certificate for $250, get $100 OBC

Two certificates for $500, get $250 OBC

Three certificates for $750, get $375 OBC

Four certificates for $1000, get $500 OBC

You purchased four certificates for $1000 and got $500 in OBC back... Therefore, you're final bill was $500.

Not sure what your comments mean but I'm more than willing to sell the certificates so if anyone is interested - I paid $500 US - If anyone pays me that amount and you'll get $1000 US in credits. You can only use one certificate per cruise (2 if you book a balcony or better). The certificates expiry in April 2022.

I'll give you $35 each. Cash. Take it or leave it.

The funniest thing about this entire thread is that I just checked and the NCL Jewel is sailing from Vancouver to Tokyo on September 17.

So either the OP was mistaken about the date 17 vs 27 or there was a 10 shift in schedule (I doubt that they would have made a change in date since April.

Departs on September 17 and Gets into Yokohama on October 6. Balcony from $1395 so the rates are pretty cheap.

So now what exactly was the issue again. It certainly is not because NCL is not sailing from Vancouver to Tokyo.

Nevermind... I give up. We're obviously not on the same planet, nevermind the same wavelink.

I sure hope you get some help.

Cheers,

The doctor is out of town.

So you’d rather pay $1,000 for $1,000 in future credits and get 500 on board credit that you must use. Or get $1,000 in future credit and pay $500 for that. What facts are we missing here?

Contact NCL and ask them what promotion they were running in April 2018. You seem have have missed the boat here.:eek:

The funniest thing about this entire thread is that I just checked and the NCL Jewel is sailing from Vancouver to Tokyo on September 17.

So either the OP was mistaken about the date 17 vs 27 or there was a 10 shift in schedule (I doubt that they would have made a change in date since April.

Departs on September 17 and Gets into Yokohama on October 6. Balcony from $1395 so the rates are pretty cheap.

So now what exactly was the issue again. It certainly is not because NCL is not sailing from Vancouver to Tokyo.

Thanks for the information

This is without a doubt the funniest thread that I have read in months.

When OP bought the certificates, the cruise he wanted to take existed. No one lied to him, no one mislead him, no one tried to deceive him. Subsequent to that NCL made major changes in deployments, and the cruise he wants no longer exists. Changes like this happen all the time. Ships are chartered. Itineraries are changed. Ports are missed.

OP simply doesn't get it, and his cousin the lawyer is going to laugh at him when he asks for the letter.

I agree with you.

NCL pulled out of Houston a few years back after I booked.

I only got to be on GSC an hour once due to weather.

My round trip cruise from Long Beach was diverted to San Pedro due to mechanical issues.

I could go on. And on.

OP:

Read the cruise contract.

Read the cruise next contract.

You will see what you agreed to.

Then you can take steps to

A. Choose another cruise.

Or

B. sell your certificates.

There are too many variables linked to cruising… If you have your heart set on a particular port or something like that know that anything can happen. Only then, if you can live with that variable, continue to cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums