Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

35 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Just completed a trip in August on the Pursuit. Had an extension cord and a 1/2 gallon of distilled water waiting for me in my room when I checked in. Just sent them an email to Special_Needs@AzamaraClubCruises.com with the request indicating I use a CPAP and for distilled water and an extension cord if there was no plug near the bed (which there is not in a veranda room). They have a form if other items might be needed that is the link

https://www.azamara.com/life-onboard/accessible-cruising

Thank you. The link is sending me to a pdf file which I can't fill in but I will contact them by e-mail. I'm sure we're able to get distilled water and an extension cord. 

57 minutes ago, Dudeljo said:

Thank you. The link is sending me to a pdf file which I can't fill in but I will contact them by e-mail. I'm sure we're able to get distilled water and an extension cord. 

I recall not completing a form but just providing an email with the request along with my cruise confirmation number. Finding distilled water in Europe is a pain and this was easy. I do pack a bottle I bought on Amazon which gets me through 3 to 4 days in my checked luggage.  image.thumb.png.789ae9bcc392d708081803f456b20362.png

Ran into the distilled water issue in Istanbul back when I still needed CPAP.  Local tour guide took me to a medical supply place and they only sold it in something like 5 or 10 gallon containers.  No, thanks.  Then I remembered distilled water was used in car batteries so we went to a service station and bought enough in small bottles.  This was back in the day on the Renaissance R5.

We have a question about specialty restaurant reservations.  If you are in an owners suite and reservations are complimentary, can you make multiple reservations when you board so you can eat several times in both Aqualina and Prime C.  New to AZ but not to cruising.  Many of our past cruises the suites have their own restaurant but since this is not the case on AZ we were hoping to eat extra times at the specialty restaurants.  Any advice is appreciated, thx.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jerry987654321 said:

We have a question about specialty restaurant reservations.  If you are in an owners suite and reservations are complimentary, can you make multiple reservations when you board so you can eat several times in both Aqualina and Prime C.  New to AZ but not to cruising.  Many of our past cruises the suites have their own restaurant but since this is not the case on AZ we were hoping to eat extra times at the specialty restaurants.  Any advice is appreciated, thx.

Yes.  You can make reservations, once you board, for every night in specialties if you wish!  My advice is to do this once you board.  Go to Windows Cafe, deck 9 aft and there will be a reservations desk there.  Or you can ask your butler to do it for you.  It may be more efficient to do it your self.  They will have a schedule for your entire cruise with all the events listed and you can decide where you want to dine.  For example Destination evening, white night, etc.

Edited by takemewithyou
Deck correction
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jerry987654321 said:

Also, there is currently breakfast offered for those in suites in Aqualina restaurant, if you wish to go there.  No reservations for breakfast, just show up.  This is NEW post Covid.  It is an effort to spread people out more to make eating areas less crowded.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Also, there is currently breakfast offered for those in suites in Aqualina restaurant, if you wish to go there.  No reservations for breakfast, just show up.  This is NEW post Covid.  It is an effort to spread people out more to make eating areas less crowded.

Added this to the ‘Tips’ spreadsheet. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Backbord said:

Ahoi everybody! we are looking forward to our first AZAMARA Cruise in February/March, booked b2b from Buenos Aires to Lisbon. Can someone please tell me, where to find my OBC on my account on the Azamara Website? Thank you!

If it is from Azamara, it should appear on your account. OBC from a TA won’t show up until you’re onboard. I’m on the Rio to Lisbon segment of this cruise so see you onboard!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

And @Backbord, there are rollcalls for both of these cruises you might want to join to “meet” your fellow cruisers!

Betsey

Thanks! I am already on those rollcalls - and we‘re also registered for the meet & mingle parties. See you there!

• Like 2

First time cruiser here, first time post on CC. Please advise if I should post this elsewhere. 

We will be in Seville for 2 nights in November on Azamara Pursuit. Thinking about taking the AVE fast train    to Cordoba(about 45min), doing a tour, have some lunch then return on train. 

This requires booking tickets in advance. 

My question is what time/earliest can we disembark the ship to catch a taxi to the train station on the full day we are in port?

I know there are day tours that go to Cordoba either private or small group from Seville which is an option but being a bit of a train buff and never travelled on a fast train thinking this could be fun.

Any advise would be much appreciated. TIA

14 minutes ago, MK0482 said:

First time cruiser here, first time post on CC. Please advise if I should post this elsewhere. 

We will be in Seville for 2 nights in November on Azamara Pursuit. Thinking about taking the AVE fast train    to Cordoba(about 45min), doing a tour, have some lunch then return on train. 

My question is what time/earliest can we disembark the ship to catch a taxi to the train station on the full day we are in port?

I know there are day tours that go to Cordoba either private or small group from Seville which is an option but being a bit of a train buff and never travelled on a fast train thinking this could be fun.

Your itinerary lists the arrival and departure times. The ships, generally speaking adhere to these times, and the chances are that you can assume that you can get onshire soon after those times.

But note that bad weather, technical or mechanical issues can cause delays, so I'd build-in some leeway in your programme.

BTW, the fast trains aren't that much to get excited about.

Seville, however, is a lovely City.

My only concern for your plans would be unlike arrival times at “ocean” venues, Seville needs a river transit, a lock operation and a tricky final manoeuvre which requires the closure of an arterial road route to enable a bridge to be raised. All of these add to the charm of the arrival but requires the marine team to need to be flexible to local conditions.  

As a result, we have now done this transit three times and we have never arrived at the published time, indeed one time we were six hours different with the change only being announced a few days beforehand. It’s a real tide and winds dependent arrival.  We’ve never had our time in Seville curtailed but we’ve always had it moved. That’s why we use ships excursions for our out of town trips there. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MK0482 said:

First, there is a roll call for this cruise; the link is below if you want to check it out.

Second, if you are planning to go Sunday, 11/26 I think you'd be able to leave as early as you like since we dock on 11/25.  I am on this cruise as well.

8 hours ago, MK0482 said:

We stayed overnight in Lisbon earlier this year and were told we could come and go any time, day and night. But to make sure, talk to Hotel Director in advance, give them your trip itinerary so that they know what time you're going.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:30 AM, Backbord said:

Ahoi everybody! we are looking forward to our first AZAMARA Cruise in February/March, booked b2b from Buenos Aires to Lisbon. Can someone please tell me, where to find my OBC on my account on the Azamara Website? Thank you!

@Backbord, I’m also doing my first Azamara cruise soon—mine’s in January. I didn’t see anyone mention it, but I think you can get additional OBC for being on b2b cruises—in case you didn’t know. I’ve seen a form on the Azamara website to fill out to request this benefit. I think you have to request it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chot50s said:

@Backbord, I’m also doing my first Azamara cruise soon—mine’s in January. I didn’t see anyone mention it, but I think you can get additional OBC for being on b2b cruises—in case you didn’t know. I’ve seen a form on the Azamara website to fill out to request this benefit. I think you have to request it.

Correct, thanks for posting the tip. Here is the link to request the credit: Back to Back Voyages with Boutique Luxury Azamara

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JM0115 said:

Newbie question.  How can you find out what night White Night is so that you do not book an excursion that same night?

Look aT your itinerary and which nights you are late in port.  One of those nights will be the Azamazing evening and you will find that in your cruise planner, listed as a shore excursion to be booked, even though it is free.  You need to sign up for it as a shore excursion.  Then, by process of elimination you can narrow down which night the white Night is because it is usually one of the other late evenings in port.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2022 at 12:57 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

When you log in to your account on Azamara, do you see your Celebrity status and points?  If you do, and you sail before the IT split, you will have that status and add to those points.  [I don't know about Royal, as this is only a status match.]

Royal is a courtesy status match and it has a cap of Discover.

My points for my December sailings, on Azamara will be reflected on Celebrity, after the merger that stops.  

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak