Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

7 hours ago, kml246 said:

We haven't sailed Azamara, yet - our first is Dec 12, 2022 on Onward. On my Azamara account it shows: 

image.thumb.png.042bb0c7c59df0994f9ccbbfede88a61.png

The 256 points are all from Celebrity, and 80 more points should be added in November after our Celebrity Flora cruise, and Azamara updates as soon as the points are posted on Celebrity. We're hoping, since we'll have at least 336 points by our December Azamara sailing, that we will be considered Discoverer for the December cruise. 

Kevin

Have a wonderful time on the Flora. We were on last September. An amazing cruise and destination.

46 minutes ago, bderr said:

What has been your experience using the self-serve laundry on board? Do the machines work well?  Is there a long queue to do a load of wash?  Thanks

It depends. In general, the 

machines work well and I have found that going early is likely to be best. I imagine there are bigger queues on sea days 

19 hours ago, kent4489 said:

Have a wonderful time on the Flora. We were on last September. An amazing cruise and destination.

Agree 100% on your thoughts about the cruise and the ship. We were on Flora for the Outer Loop in Sept 2019, shortly after she launched. We had such a great time we decided to do the Inner Loop this November. 

Kevin

1 hour ago, bderr said:

What has been your experience using the self-serve laundry on board? Do the machines work well?  Is there a long queue to do a load of wash?  Thanks

The laundry can be quite a social hub. Washers, driers and ironing boards, and washing pods are included. There are rarely actual queues, but finding an empty machine takes practice for timing. Port day mornings are a good time.

Edited by Port Power
Predicting text

6 hours ago, bderr said:

I use the self-serve laundry regularly even though I can get free laundry. Maybe a control issue. Don't join the line at 8 am. Most washers take about 40 minutes so about 8:40 there should be some washing machines available. There are other times during the day when washing machines are always available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, capegirl said:

Can you used OBC for laundry service?

Yes you can. You could also buy a multiple bag package if there are no details in your room ask at guest relations 

48 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Does Azamara offer transfers from the disembarkation port to the airport for passengers who have made their own flight reservations? (Piraeus to ATH)

Yes, they normally do. Sometimes they also offer a mini excursion if your flight is in the late afternoon.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Yes they do, but these are charged. Look for them in the shore excursions brochure.

So are the transfers to the airport, or at least ours have always been. And on our Iceland cruise last week, they had some last minute alterations to the transfer plus excursion.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Thanks 1

A few questions about the Dining Packages on Azamara - do we have to wait for embarkation day to book these?  Also, say we purchase a 3 night package - are we required to make our reservations at that time and pick the venue or can we wait until we check out the venues and see what nights the special activities are?  I don't like to plan too far ahead and prefer to wait to see how the day goes if at all possible.  Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

The easiest thing is to book the package when you board. There’s a reservations desk inside the main entrance of Windows buffet on Deck 9. There will probably be at least one other desk somewhere else - Guest Relations will be able to tell you where it is.  They can tell you what night White Night is, you can pay for the package (via your ship account) and you can make reservations. It’s not a bad idea to book straight away. You can always change dates later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2022 at 12:26 AM, PirateWife said:

I use the self-serve laundry regularly even though I can get free laundry. Maybe a control issue. Don't join the line at 8 am. Most washers take about 40 minutes so about 8:40 there should be some washing machines available. There are other times during the day when washing machines are always available.

Is the self-service laundry open 24/7?

It was 7 on Quest last month which surprised me. I wonder if that was a “soft pilot” of earlier opening possibly as there were over 600 onboard longer hours (it was open until 10) to reduce congestion 

On Croatia Intensive Oct. 4, 2023.  Port Questions...

Even though it states in and out of Venice, the port is Ravenna. 

Has anyone been yet?  Tips for 1st timer.  Thinking of flying into Milan for a few days, any advice?  Venice seems like a hassle and very time consuming.  Has anyone flown in and out of Bologna?  Typically book flights with miles instead of the cruise line.  Heard that Ravenna is not ready for cruise lines.  No available public taxis or private driver options.  

Anyone been on Croatia Intensive and have experience booking small group private excursions instead of ship excursions?  Company name and information would be appreciated. (no roll call set up yet for this sailing, and I didn't want to begin one)

Thank you in advance...

8 hours ago, Celebrating Friends said:

On Croatia Intensive Oct. 4, 2023.  Port Questions...

Even though it states in and out of Venice, the port is Ravenna. 

Has anyone been yet?  Tips for 1st timer.  Thinking of flying into Milan for a few days, any advice?  Venice seems like a hassle and very time consuming.  Has anyone flown in and out of Bologna?  Typically book flights with miles instead of the cruise line.  Heard that Ravenna is not ready for cruise lines.  No available public taxis or private driver options.  

Anyone been on Croatia Intensive and have experience booking small group private excursions instead of ship excursions?  Company name and information would be appreciated. (no roll call set up yet for this sailing, and I didn't want to begin one)

Thank you in advance...

I wouldn’t worry too much yet. There is a lot of investment on-going in the facilities at Ravenna. By October 2023, a lot more will have been completed. Our experience in May was that the facilities were already adequate for what we wanted them for. There were shuttles to take us into Ravenna itself, a public bus system that could take us from the shuttle stop to the train station, and a few taxis about, but not many. There was a shuttle to take us to the airport in Venice at the end of the cruise. There will be a charge for this now, and I’m not sure how much. Ours was included because of the late change from Venice to Ravenna. There will probably be a few more taxis in a year, or some private car services, depending on how many local people want to go into that line of work. For those who like the beach, there are a couple of good ones within walking distance from where the ship docks.

If I were making plans to embark or disembark at Ravenna again, I’d fly to or from Bologna, but we’ve been to Venice many times. If you want a few days in Venice before or after, then a flight to or from Venice could make more sense. Your plan to fly into Milan could work pretty well. I think they will have sorted out what to offer the passengers arriving by train by then.