Last Minute on Allure - Live in D5. August 26th - Sept 2nd.

A&L_Ont

Looks like you chose your day wisely...much better than we did for ours. Like I said earlier in the report, we did not enjoy the Bananarama on West Bay at all. Way too many people and not relaxing in the least. Would love to see more pics of this little island and the beach when you have time. Are you doing any snorkeling there?

Enjoy your beach day!

YouTube helped us. That along with the ease to get her. Lisa doesn’t do well with he windy road van trips you find in the lis lands.

Spot seems great, with just a short boat ride from the pier. We went snorkelling with a guide. It was a hour long and exhausting. I took the GoPro and if it worked like I hope there will be a video later tonight.

We already had it booked for March and will be happy to come back.

We just finished lunch and right now we are sitting and swimming in their fresh water pool.

e491d24b6695a8ee998336506389ad52.heic

7540d797dcc14631abd35b0af14a3135.jpg

3c6d6959726aa0d167c14546d5319605.jpg

a21e5bf3fc243a22ef852dffd1530ef8.jpg

Back in 2015 my daughter who was a senior hospitality major at the University of Central Florida and I went on a spring break cruise that went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. As we were sitting in the dining room of the ship waiting for the muster drill to start she told me that she needed to do a brewery tour for her "Beers of the World" class. Yup, that is a real class!! Anyway, we looked on line and found the Caybrew brewery in Grand Cayman. We took the public bus for $1.50 per person each way that left us off directly across the street from the brewery. Then for $6.00 each we got a tour and 5 beers. The bus stop back to the ship was right in front of the brewery. This was one of the most fun things we've done in over 70 cruises and it only cost me $18.00. If you haven't already, check it out the next time you are in Grand Cayman.

Are you guys going to do any ice skating onboard? We'll be on Allure in November and I wonder if they have hockey skates available. We have always had our own hockey skates with us for my son as he refuses to use any other kind of skates. I was hoping not need to pack them this time. He plays hockey too, going to be the next Patrik Laine or Teemu Selänne! (yup, we are from Finland, just like the ship btw)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

While I have not been on Allure I have skated on different ships. They normally hand you figure skates but if you ask there is a good chance they will get hockey skates for you. The last 3 times I skated I was provided with hockey skates

Hello follow Ontarian! I’m originally from Southern ON, but now live in the States. I saw your neughbour’s door sign and guessed they were from T.O. and I was right, lol!

Maya Key is one of my favorite snorkeling spots of all time. The “drop off” was amazing and scary! The current was pretty strong though, so I can see how it was tiring.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, will be on Alllure in April of next year!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

May I ask the significance?

Every 70 points starting at 140, a crystal block is given to commemorate that milestone. A drawing of the ship on which the milestone was earned is inscribed inside the crystal block.

May I ask the significance?

Every 70 points starting at 140, a crystal block is given to commemorate that milestone. A drawing of the ship on which the milestone was earned is inscribed inside the crystal block.

Is that what that’s about? I was actually going to build a crystal igloo at home.

We’re half pineapples, probably just the rinds. I was gonna use the pinnacle spire to hold the ceiling up.

Edited by A&L_Ont

So dinner tonight is all about me. Another dinner of apps. 3 again, that was until Ricardo our waiter brought out two shrimp cocktails. Lisa and O don’t do shrimp. 4 apps, OMG. I can’t disappoint him. Ate the soup, salad, and 2 cocktails and polished off a petite filet. I was then shamed into sharing some cheesecake.

Blessed day. (Handsmaid Tale reference)

193153fc7eee7b089f945079a881ea53.jpg

f32c9babedae01f15513f2da294ad7a3.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

I got to take part in operation save the crab today. He was found in the fresh water pool. Now normally I eat his relatives but today was the day to be the hero.

921b3ec6938d0e768cfad589a746a644.jpg

Back to the ocean with you.

51a52616ace04f04c6b882cb1e1dc2b7.jpg

Unfortunately when he went back he he looked the exact same. It’s not to say I didn’t try. He was in the same spot 20 minutes later.

Not so blessed day.

Any new door signs from your neighbors yesterday or today?? Those are some doozies!

Sadly no. I am disappointed. I was considering drawing something;) close to their letter “O”, but Lisa said I couldn’t.

Are you guys going to do any ice skating onboard? We'll be on Allure in November and I wonder if they have hockey skates available. We have always had our own hockey skates with us for my son as he refuses to use any other kind of skates. I was hoping not need to pack them this time. He plays hockey too, going to be the next Patrik Laine or Teemu Selänne! (yup, we are from Finland, just like the ship btw)

Let him know if he ever makes it to Canada to play in the OHL try to do his best to come to the London Knights. They are coached by the Hunter brothers and are always competitive. They have had many players continue onto the NHL with great success. Sadly no hockey skates are available.

What are your thought’s on this itinerary? Can’t wait to see your pictures of your beach excursion in Roatan. Thanks for this review!

Be have been loving it. Our day in Roatan was awesome. Cozumel was shirt ad sweet for us, and the full day beach break in Nassau was more than we ever do there. Which is basically never get off the ship. So far so good. I understand the pier in Costa Maya in 10 miles long so other than the walk it’s all great.

A quick video of our snorkeling today. What an amazing day; from the hospitality, the clean facilities, provided lunch, the wonderful beach and minutes from the ship. IMO it was perfect. We will be back in March of next year.

Turn up your volume and I hope you enjoy it.

JsL2BYxuPyc

Edited by A&L_Ont

And the last of the night. Besides being a beach/snorkel break Maya Key is also an animal sanctuary for rescued animals. They had large and small cats, sea lions, and a multitude of monkeys. You also get to have some interaction with them, and some of them first hand.

We went in with the baby monkeys. We have a ton of picks but I will pick the best six.

This was within seconds of being in the pen. I immediately had 3 or 4 monkeys on me. I’m not sure if my salt and pepper hair, just like theirs, was a calling to them. One immediately starting grooming me. Just call me the God Father.

3be23af2c3938a0f15afc5197c934578.jpg

f03045c005fdf48e2547ff79c68a3577.jpg

Monkey foot in my mouth. Ha. Coming from the guy who hates raisins.

4d13489c0b151c75623ac697a89122e2.jpg

This one is “checking out” Lisa.

940cd11ec377d450a4bc5b3acd865724.jpg

In this pic both Lisa and I are getting “felt up”.

b450af5f6fae7e8282ad48589d41da7c.jpg

A possibility for this year’s Christmas Card. In the running for sure.

d245bc3e5abe5ce3b510ed2c713c451b.jpg