Last Minute on Allure - Live in D5. August 26th - Sept 2nd.

A&L_Ont

Their Instagram names are right on their door sign. This is the “safest” photo I can post. All others are questionable.

56d4527f41bc5e68ac95b072a53a45d0.png

Based on their Instagram posts, it appears they have Canadian passports. Deck 12 aft must be the Canadian neighborhood on Allure

I had a few spare minutes by the pool this afternoon so I whipped this together. Thanks to my iPhone, GoPro and iMovie you get this so-so video. Turn up your volume and enjoy.

No animals were harmed in this production, however I have eaten a few of his tasty relatives. MMM conch fritters.

w2z0mYg0S6c

Don’t worry PM, Maureen quoted the photo that made her drool too.

:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile: You know me too well.

Down on deck 12 you never know what to expect. Pistol Crystal is my neighbour. This is their sign today. All elevator rides lead to Central Park after all.

2cff34a43484cb16c9a14ba1a92e5902.jpg

Wow, I don't mean to be a narc, but, what the Hell? Obvious drug references? :mad::mad:

Oh Andrew - THANK YOU!!! You are making PCD manageable this week as I come back to reality from a great week on Harmony!! I found this LIVE review Monday, while struggling with PCD and finally all caught up with this live review and work!! Always love your reviews and so SHOCKED that you did this with 4 days to spare!!! - WOOHOO!!!

Quick dining questions, since I'm still in debate mode on what Oasis class ship I want to re-explore - Does Allure still have the Brazilian BBQ up in the Solarium bistro at dinner?? Second question, is Izumi still up on Deck 16? Haven't been on Allure since 2011 and have fond memories of both experiences and want to do them again... if at all possible. So TIA and carry on and please enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

...oh and GOOD LUCK to the Leafs - said the life-long NY Rangers fan, who's married almost 15 years to a life-long NY Islanders fan!!!

I am currently playing in the first Allure of the seas forced to play golf tournament. Right now Owen and I are tied.

e2a00e522277480f54feb761bac4d2b1.jpg

That suite without the little Canadian flag on the balcony just does not seem right. FYI - It was in the 40's here in London all day with the humidity - making your choice to go on a cruise this week even better.

Hi Andrew

Greetings from Collingwood / Wasaga Beach

Enjoying your live review on the Allure.

We are going to be on Sep 30th after I finish

working on Blue Jays telecasts (11 games to go

for me but who is counting LOL) and as they are not

going to make the playoffs again this year I don't

have to work the post season.

Looking forward to going back to Coastal Kitchen again.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise

Cheers

George

Such a great review Andrew - as usual. Did Lisa finish HMT? And on that note - it appears you have been blessed with good weather!

She is in withdrawal. She just started an episode now, the first one since last night.

Wonderful video! I know where I’m going next time at Nassau!

Everyone’s mileage will vary but we really liked it.

How did you get Johnny Rockets into Sabor? Did they deliver even without Star Class? Or did they let you do take out?

Yes, they will do it. Since you pay the cover for Sabor it is really one in the same. We tip them some more to that them for the extra work of running the food from across the ship.

Enjoying your live review! It's helping me pass the time until DH and I board Harmony on Saturday. Saw this and thought of you. #flowgoals

Goals are important and thanks for the share. Enjoy Harmony and hopefully Captain Johnny is still onboard for you.

That suite without the little Canadian flag on the balcony just does not seem right. FYI - It was in the 40's here in London all day with the humidity - making your choice to go on a cruise this week even better.

Hi Russ. We have been watching the weather back home and it’s almost the same as here. We gave Owen the bad news today that the school bus labor issue has been resolved. School starts Tuesday.

Oh Andrew - THANK YOU!!! You are making PCD manageable this week as I come back to reality from a great week on Harmony!! I found this LIVE review Monday, while struggling with PCD and finally all caught up with this live review and work!! Always love your reviews and so SHOCKED that you did this with 4 days to spare!!! - WOOHOO!!!

Quick dining questions, since I'm still in debate mode on what Oasis class ship I want to re-explore - Does Allure still have the Brazilian BBQ up in the Solarium bistro at dinner?? Second question, is Izumi still up on Deck 16? Haven't been on Allure since 2011 and have fond memories of both experiences and want to do them again... if at all possible. So TIA and carry on and please enjoy the rest of your cruise!!

...oh and GOOD LUCK to the Leafs - said the life-long NY Rangers fan, who's married almost 15 years to a life-long NY Islanders fan!!!

Rangers and Islanders. You have almost suffered as much as a Leafs fan. Yes, the Brazilian BBQ is still on board as of now. Who knows after here dry dock in a few years time. I’m not sure where Izumi is on board, but we are going there tomorrow so it will be all good. Sorry about the PCD, book a new cruise and it will get better.

Hi Andrew

Greetings from Collingwood / Wasaga Beach

Enjoying your live review on the Allure.

We are going to be on Sep 30th after I finish

working on Blue Jays telecasts (11 games to go

for me but who is counting LOL) and as they are not

going to make the playoffs again this year I don't

have to work the post season.

Looking forward to going back to Coastal Kitchen again.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise

Cheers

George

Hi George. The Jays season has not been as good this year. We made it to three games this year. One on opening weekend, one in May and one in June. We sit in the action at third and this year they won all three games. The season is bleak, but they are finishing stronger. Like the Leafs, there is hope for me year.

You will like this video. 2 years ago Stroman came out and gave Owen his signed cleats. Total surprise. They are safely stored at home along with balls from numerous players. This year Estrada signed a ball for him, and numerous game balls from the likes of Encarnaion, a line drive from Martin, Pillar to which Owen gave it to my mother in law, Donaldson and Stroman to which he gave to another kid who didn’t get a ball that game.

Enjoy your cruise in September. We would have been on the sailing before except for the fact Owen’s Hockey community won Kraft Hockeyville.

So tonight we went flow riding. Some of you may have caught the scope, and already know why it was so special. If you didn’t let me share, this was the first time that Owen has every done stand up riding. Let me tell you, he did awesome. Max and Jon the instructors were great for all the people in the lesson.

Just a couple pics of him from tonight.

43d55ee9a749094e6f81943a6b2c3982.jpg

e08ad831b1848008b1da36d2f7924cf9.jpg

0ffe68014b7a1dd35cd3f8a3191e082c.jpg

71e6d1f68ac902211a2848b752cb18dc.jpg

9702de0da75529dd062fd5abc7e08753.jpg

ea9355874c688508e6c072ca24867e13.jpg

Maybe one of me too. Lisa said I could not post any of her.

96ad19b844c890c9eafc2bdb1bf874a0.jpg

So we weren’t planning on any extra night riding but we had a phone call in our cabin today from the sports desk. They were reminding us about our evening lesson that was booked. Well that was a surprise to us, but we had one other surprise earlier in the cruise. Owen had a $100 arcade credit on his sea pass card.

I have a pretty good idea who did this, and I’m not going to kiss and tell. Let’s just same it’s someone on dry land that I hope to meet one day. They are a CC member with a special aura to them. Many thanks for a fun and special night.

Speaking of unique we also had a visit at the wave from Mitch, the cruise director. His girlfriend was in our group lesson. Mitch is Canadian and lives in a large city 20 minutes from our house. He knows a few people in the village minutes from us. Funny how small the world can be at times.

To follow along that note; last night the boyfriend of the featured female aerialist at the being on Oceanaria was sitting beside Lisa. That was cool, to hear about her adventures. He had also been to every show of the cruise so far and I suspect he was at the one again tonight. Just a little elbow rubbing with “the celebrities of Allure”.

Actually yesterday a CC member recognized Owen and Lisa in the elevator. Ah yes, “the Celebrities of Allure”. I will add that we checked out the Instagram accounts of our deck 12 neighbors and one of them went to the same university as Lisa and I. Not all Canadians are the same, but iz sure look forward to tomorrow’s sign.

as a life long Leaf fan, that really sucks that you are a Rangers fan and your spouse cheers for those sad sack Islanders

Night all, hope you guys had a great day. Cozumel tomorrow.

Edit to add: tonight was Caribbean night if you are following at home. Also having non authentic Mexican Sabor the night before Cozumel makes so much sense. OK, it still tasted amazing.

Double Edit: I would be like having Sorrentos Pizza the day the ship ports at Italy.

Such a great review Andrew - as usual. Did Lisa finish HMT? And on that note - it appears you have been blessed with good weather!��

Lisa is catching up on the review and just said “Blessed day”. I was like WTH? She is half way through the second season.

Looked like a fun night and a great night riding session at the flow rider! And the private lesson is such a great way to have a first stand up session! My son was 10 on our 2017 Liberty cruise and was finally tall enough for stand up. He did great for a first timer in the regular line but he opted for a group lesson as his treat (my daughter picked cupcake decorating classes) and it was awesome. The little extra coaching and hand holding and not having a gazillion people staring at you hoping you will just wipeout so they can have their turn faster is exactly what is needed for confidence! He has already laid down the expectations that on his next cruise he will do it early in the week instead of towards the end so he can get into the groove!

Clever trick getting JRs served in sabor!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew and crew. That was very nice surprises for you. How very thoughtful from someone you haven’t met. You all deserve it and wish I had thought of it myself. Tell Gramma(Sharon) she was missed on this one.

I didn’t know Lisa did flowriding as you never mentioned that before, she is my hero I am petrified to try it. I was signed up the first time I was on a ship with one then I saw someone wipe out and got shot up to the back, I thought oh I could get hurt. Next a gal was up there and lost her shirt, I thought to myself oh dear - not that brave! Still have not tried it.

Your neighbours can’t really be that bad could they? Being so blatant they must be putting on a BS show, I hope. All Canadians are definitely not like that if they are for real. I wonder what they will think of the cuffs as they get off the ship.

Continue to enjoy.