LIVE from the CARIBBEAN PRINESS - August 25th - Sept. 1st

Pia1913

Pia,

Getting home was a challenge. We flew SW and our flight to TPA was getting ready to board when they announced the weather delays. 3 gate changes, many garbled announcements all while the luggage was sitting out on the tarmac next to the ship. Got home 2 hours late with soaked luggage.

It was quite a storm

Is Faye still the CC Host? When I spoke with her at the CC party she said she was going to be on for the next cruise yet I think I read a post somewhere that she left at the end of the cruise. If it isn't Faye, who is the host? Will also be interested in finding out if the missing MTG picture on the last patter for our cruise was a one-off or if they are making it a permanent change.

CC Host is Angela. Missing photo was an error I was told. Same person won last week and again this week A man named Jack from Chicago I haven't seen him.

Where are you going in September?

Great cruising. Hope to see you one of these days.

September 30th on HAL from Vancouver to Japan

when we were on the Star last fall, there was a progressive trivia game. One team sat with their son (teenager) behind them. He would goggle the answers for them if they didn't know! We decided that it wasn't that important in our life to win so we didn't "report" them. Our team did pretty well but came in second in the end. The winning team got one bottle of champagne. Our team each got little spiral notebook--much better in our opinion. Just goes to show that what goes around, comes around (lol).

I think we won a couple of daily ones and gave our prizes away most of the time.

Entertainment tonight is movie Avengers: Infinity War on MUTS, in the theater, Gary DeLena - advertised as a comedian, and several different games shows. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Gary Delena is great!

Wish he was on our cruise instead of the guy playing piano laying on the floor. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DebsDaysBlog posted this copy of the Daily Crave from the Caribbean Princess last week. The bottom of the 2nd page under Small Bites does mention a Wake View Bar. (I hope it's readable. I've never added a photo before. )32182ca56530f36a9dbaac66b3633130.jpg49d5e0ca4694eff2227dfdf6474e08ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

There is no Wakeview Lounge and definitely not a venue

serving food

13.jpg

10.jpg

In May, these areas on both sides of the ship (aft of Planks and Steamers) were referred to as the Wakeview Lounge. Cocktail servers passing through from the aft outdoor bar offered to take drink orders in the late afternoon as we relaxed here for a bit. I wouldn't really consider this a lounge (if equating to a bar), but apparently Princess does. I didn't see anything about any nibbles as referenced in recent Patters. Had we not popped inside during a brief rain shower, might not have noticed this existed. It's quite small.

Edited by VaCruzers
Note: these are not my photos, but were available on Google.

There is no Wakeview Lounge and definitely not a venue

serving food

The closest they come on CB is a seating area aft of the Planks area. It's a quiet place to read during the day and you can access the Outrigger Bar right outside the door. I'm not aware of any food options but I only went there during the morning hours while my wife was at the Knitters and Natters thing.

13.jpg

10.jpg

In May, these areas on both sides of the ship (aft of Planks and Steamers) were referred to as the Wakeview Lounge. Cocktail servers passing through from the aft outdoor bar offered to take drink orders in the late afternoon as we relaxed here for a bit. I wouldn't really consider this a lounge (if equating to a bar), but apparently Princess does. I didn't see anything about any nibbles as referenced in recent Patters. Had we not popped inside during a brief rain shower, might not have noticed this existed. It's quite small.

This would be an area in back of what I still refer to as Café Caribe I was back there today; sure didn't see anything that looked like those photos. Will go up to both sides tomorrow and look around. No mention in Patter

This would be an area in back of what I still refer to as Café Caribe I was back there today; sure didn't see anything that looked like those photos. Will go up to both sides tomorrow and look around. No mention in Patter

I sat in that chair near the door to the outside and read a couple of days. Convenient access to the bar outside for a Tanqueray and Tonic. :)

Wakeview Bar exists only on the Sapphire Princess and Diamond Princess. It is accessible from the back of Club Fusion on deck 7 but is downstairs on deck 6.

Wake View Bar is also on the Majestic and Sky (supposedly) on deck 16. Renamed from what is the Outrigger Bar on other ships.

DebsDaysBlog posted this copy of the Daily Crave from the Caribbean Princess last week. The bottom of the 2nd page under Small Bites does mention a Wake View Bar.

It says to get a drink at the Outrigger Bar and take that drink to the nearby Wake View. It does not say the Wake View is the name of a bar.

Edited by caribill

What ship is this?

I HATE this time changing! Only 6:30 and I've been up for over an hour. Thank goodness for the IC; just came back with my double shot Americano.

Good Tuesday morning from "not quite there yet" Roatan, Honduras. We are expected to arrive around noon. Here's a little background for those who may not have experienced this area.

The island of Roatan is located 30 miles off the north coast of Honduras atop the worlds second largest coral reef. The reef attracts many fish, and is world known for scuba diving. Roatan is the largest of the Bay Islands at about 48 miles long, and less than 5 miles wide). The island has a number of beaches, all of which are public. Originally an English colony, and later ceded to Honduras, Roatan has a mixture of english and spanish speaking natives. There are two cruise ship ports; we are docked at Mahogany Bay. Roatan has a warm climate with daytime temperatures between 80-90 year round.

Decided not to see the show last night and instead did two sessions of trivia. One was general, the other was Where in the world. We won both. Prize for first was coaster (very nice; first time I've seen this) and 2nd were notebooks again. I gave mine to the people who marked our paper.

There is absolutely nothing going on this morning unless you're into steel drums, art auction or various stuff the spa is trying to sell. Morning trivia thankfully remains a constant; at 11:00 AM. If the weather is not unbearably hot, I intend to get off the ship and poke around the port shops/stalls. Haven't been here for a while.

Afternoon offerings remain sparse with mostly spa "seminars." MUTS is featuring Cirque du Soleil: Alegria, followed by a Lady Antebellum concert and would you believe a bean bag toss? There's also a "remember the lyrics" music trivia (definitely not for me) and a regular general trivia.

All aboard is not until 6:30. MUTS is having two showings of "Book Club" (I've seen this movie and loved it) and showtime is featuring a vocalist; Solomon Jaye. Also tonight will be Liars Club and horse racing (but not selling the horses as they used to do). Neither one of these activities is something I care to do, so I'll be doing some additional reading tonight. Or perhaps watch a movie on TV.

Opened my balcony door; closed my balcony door. Already too hot to sit out there. Will have my caffeine indoors. See you later.

MEA CULPA. Seems when you're not looking for something you really don't see it. Yes, that area is back there.

OK, so, I'm not imagining things. There used to be a beverage area along the wall between the doors leading out to Outriggers, then another wall separating that from the buffet food. Have they done away with all that and remodeled the area with lounge chairs and table for drinks?

OK, so, I'm not imagining things. There used to be a beverage area along the wall between the doors leading out to Outriggers, then another wall separating that from the buffet food. Have they done away with all that and remodeled the area with lounge chairs and table for drinks?

LOL. When you look, you see. Beverage area is there. :)

Ending 9/1. Flying to Seattle on the 29th to start the next one.

Thanks for your updates, I have been on the CB six times already, next week will be the first time since dry dock. Reading some reviews doesn't give it the best of the best.

Safe Travels, smooth cruising

Afternoon offerings remain sparse with mostly spa "seminars." MUTS is featuring Cirque du Soleil: Alegria' date=' followed by a Lady Antebellum concert and would you believe a bean bag toss? [/font']

Bean bag toss (aka "Corn Hole") is now a national sport;p!

I have seen it on ESPN a couple of Saturday mornings on the tv at the gym :D At least risk of concussion is low!

You mentioned large TV ~ does it have on`demand movies, shows, etc.?

I realize it's a slow process but do you have any idea of how many decks have been activated for the ***** to date?

1. Yes. On Demand has assorted stuff other than movies but I'm not one to indulge

2. Medallion I believe is complete on Lido, Riviera and Aloha. I heard they are working on Baja

I HATE and would you believe a bean bag toss?

Opened my balcony door; closed my balcony door. Already too hot to sit out there. Will have my caffeine indoors. See you later.

Are you sure it is not corn hole. Very popular, you should give it ago, with more than enough beer (thirst is a dangerous thing you know!) Give it a try, you will have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter was on CP two weeks ago with her boyfriend (mid-20s). They said the comedian was great, as was the magician. They ate in the MDR/anytime dining every night, and said that the food was quite good. She met up with Dan, the "handsome Brazilian assistant CD", to warn him that I'll be aboard starting this week (the 1st). Our fun-loving group will be up for anything they have to offer.

She created a scavenger hunt, by taking 50+ close-up images around the ship, and made them into four unique BINGO cards that we'll be carrying around all week. She shared them with Dan, so it's possible that it will become a ship-wide activity.

Anyway, if you're on board starting September 1st, look for a foursome in silly hats (which will change all week) and wish us happy birthdays!