LIVE from the CARIBBEAN PRINESS - August 25th - Sept. 1st

Pia1913

Welcome aboard the Caribbean Princess where I’ll be spending the next week with you. If of course you feel the need to tune in and read my idle chatter. A little background for those who know me, don’t know me, never knew me, or are just curious as to what I have to say. This is the first LIVE I’m doing in more than four years and it won’t be as exciting as those from the more exotic venues. Actually, it won’t exciting at all. I’m not even sure I still “have it.” Life for me, as so many of you know, has changed drastically; I’m now a solo cruiser. But, inasmuch as I’ve traveled the world and back with Princess, I’m sure to meet up with folks here that I’ve cruised with previously. OK. Let’s start.

Let's Introduce some of the Staff

Captain: Marco Fortezze

Staff Captain: Raffaele DiMartino

Hotel Mgr.: Peter Hollinson

Ent. Director: Lisa Richard

Cruise Director: Michael Reitano

Food & Beverage: Stephen Britton

Exec. Chef: John Convery

Maitre d': Jacques Ghennai

Arrived at the port during a huge storm, but able to get into terminal without drowning. Check in instantaneous and went to relax in Elite lounge. 11:00 already on board but cabin access not until 1:00. Sat around near IC until my trivia friend showed up shortly afterwards and had my first Americano using an old coffee card. Enough punches to last entire cruise.

CABIN: Balcony cabin Caribe deck aft near elevator. Love big TV; something we didn't have years ago. Cannot change channels until welcome aboard video concludes, which is the Love Boat song by some of the cast and other sundry info. Different. Smooshed a bed pillow; feels great. Will advise after I sleep on it.

Last time on this specific ship about 6 years ago. From what I've seen, all looks good.

I already received my invite to the most traveled cocktail party which will be Wednesday night; a formal nite. YUK.

I did bring contingency clothes, but those who know me also know I do not like dressing up. Also, if anyone wants to know about dining room food. don't ask me. I only go to MDR when I travel with friends who deem it important. I am a picky eater and buffet selections work for me. I also called room service to switch out some of my mini bar. No rush. My important wine is in the frig.

At this point not much to report. Tonight there will be a production show "Broadway Ballroom", the movie "I Feel Pretty" on MUTS and trivia, for me, at 8:00 PM I'll be back later if there's something to say. Otherwise I need to unpack. get ready for muster, and will see you in the AM.

All that extra spacing is not me. Don't know how to or if I can fix it, so ignore. Thanks.

Welcome back to Princess, Pia! I started reading your reviews when I first joined CC and missed your experience and input when you moved on.

My sincerest condolences on your loss! May you feel the peace that comes from a lifetime of blessings shared together.

I will enjoy following your comments again, wishing you blue skies and smooth seas!

Elaine

Thanks for the live report! Are you using the complimentary unlimited WIFI through Medallion.Net? Just wondering when Princess is actually using Ocean Medallion.

DH & I were on the CP 2 weeks ago, having almost the same W. Caribbean itinerary like yours, but I think you go to Belize instead of Costa Maya.

I did a live travel blog while on board & just posted my trip report on CC.

Enjoy your cruise! We loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to more of your reviews. I too prefer the buffet.

Are the pool towels in the cabin or only at the pools?

Can you find out , if the WIFI will be free for the Elite after they are finish putting the Medallion on the Caribbean Princess? Or, will the WIFI go back to 150 minutes for 7 days?

Here I am again just to answer some questions.

Wismergirl: People who have medallions are those in cabins on Aloha and Lido. Baja hasn't been completed yet. Yes, unlimited internet wonderful and that is why I can pop in and do this now. Also yes, we are going to Belize.

Waltd: Joe, important wine is what I bring onboard. Sauvignon Blanc.

phabric: There are no pool towels in here. No loss for me. I don't do pool. Also, assume unlimited perk will disappear when Medallion is complete. Freebies don't last forever. :(

OK. Now it's wine time and food time. Bye

Tonight there will be a production show "Broadway Ballroom"

Did they have this just one time on embarkation day or did they have it the normal two times?

All that extra spacing is not me. Don't know how to or if I can fix it, so ignore. Thanks.

Only way I have found to fix the extra spacing is to "edit" after posting and then get rid of the extra lines.

Thanks for doing a "live" again.