LIVE from the CARIBBEAN PRINESS - August 25th - Sept. 1st

Pia1913

Pia, I also have read many of your cruise blogs! I'm very sorry for your loss! I lost my husband a few weeks ago and can certainly empathize with you!

My son and I will be doing the Ashes to Sea program aboard the Regal Princess in November. Hopefully, it will be a healing experience for both of us! Next cruise, however, will be solo.

Thank you for all the time and effort you are putting into this.. As always!

Thanks for the live report! Are you using the complimentary unlimited WIFI through Medallion.Net? Just wondering when Princess is actually using Ocean Medallion.

DH & I were on the CP 2 weeks ago, having almost the same W. Caribbean itinerary like yours, but I think you go to Belize instead of Costa Maya.

I did a live travel blog while on board & just posted my trip report on CC.

Enjoy your cruise! We loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CP is the Sea Princess or do you mean the CB Caribbean Princess?

Pia, I also have read many of your cruise blogs! I'm very sorry for your loss! I lost my husband a few weeks ago and can certainly empathize with you!

My son and I will be doing the Ashes to Sea program aboard the Regal Princess in November. Hopefully, it will be a healing experience for both of us! Next cruise, however, will be solo.

Thank you for all the time and effort you are putting into this.. As always!

Nina, your heart hurts so much right now, but it will get better. One day at a time. Doing this LIVE is catharsis for me.

Nina, your heart hurts so much right now, but it will get better. One day at a time. Doing this LIVE is catharsis for me.

Yes, it really does! Just had someone pick up all of the medical equipment... Waiting for our first Caribbean cruise! I'm truly happy to see you back and am enjoying your blog. Hope everything goes as well as possible for you and onto new adventures!

I realize it's a slow process but do you have any idea of how many decks have been activated for the ***** to date?

Also on this cruise now. Our friends staying on Baja deck just got their medallions yesterday. Don’t know if the whole floor is done. They’re near the front.

Also the Wi-Fi works great. Fast, reliable and always on. It’s what every ship should have these days.

It was 100% complimentary for us as elites. I think I heard a platinum say they got it for free too but don’t quote me on that.

Yes, they did get it too. Only a small percent of Baja has *****; a work in progress.

I wish they had been ready with the new Internet program in April. We had terrible connectivity and, for the last two days of the cruise, didn't have any connectivity at all - not even intranet. No access to Patter stuff, folio, etc. People were peeved as they needed to check in for flights and there was zero service for the last two days. Not cool. Glad to hear the new service is so great but it's unfortunate that the unlimited free connectivity is only temporary. Our cruise was supposed to be the first medallion cruise on CB but it just wasn't ready.

Door opening is great. I hate trying to fiddle with the card when my hands are full. However, I was really looking forward to some of the other promised features. I wanted to input my preferences so every bartender would know I like my Bloody Mary extra spicy or my Gin and Tonic made with Tanqueray. I wanted to be able to check that my wife was still at Knitters and Natters before leaving the cabin to meet up with her rather than walking clear across the ship and changing multiple deck levels only to find she was actually on her way back to the cabin. I wanted to be able to order a drink to meet me there when I met up with her or be able to order a drink in the theater without having to manage to flag down a waiter (if there was even one in sight). Doors opening is a good "first step" but I want all those other features we were promised with the medallion.

I wish they had been ready with the new Internet program in April. We had terrible connectivity and, for the last two days of the cruise, didn't have any connectivity at all - not even intranet. No access to Patter stuff, folio, etc. People were peeved as they needed to check in for flights and there was zero service for the last two days. Not cool. Glad to hear the new service is so great but it's unfortunate that the unlimited free connectivity is only temporary. Our cruise was supposed to be the first medallion cruise on CB but it just wasn't ready.

It is an awesome improvement for the onboard internet. :D

Pardon my ignorance, what is a loyalty verification card?

I missed using the word onboard credit. Loyalty onboard credit listed/verifying the OBC on a card left in the cabin on embarkation day.

A card listing the $$ gift from Princess based on the passengers number of completed cruises.

Staring at 21 cruises its $25.

Goes up to $50 $75 $100.

$100 is for 50 plus cruises.

I missed using the word onboard credit. Loyalty onboard credit listed/verifying the OBC on a card left in the cabin on embarkation day.

A card listing the $$ gift from Princess based on the passengers number of completed cruises.

Staring at 21 cruises its $25.

Goes up to $50 $75 $100.

$100 is for 50 plus cruises.

Thanks Keith. I knew I could count on either you or Bill responding. I do love that extra $100.

And now folks, here's my next few paragraphs of nothing

So I got off the ship to see what had changed since I was last here. Nothing major, other than perhaps some of the exit area You still have to walk through the duty free shop in order to get to the center square where all the shops are located. Of course all the regulars, like Diamond International, Del Sol, Cariloha, etc. are still there. It's HOT out there and if I want to roast I can do the same thing on my own balcony. So here I am back in the comfort of A/C.

Did nothing today other than the above, eating and trivia. Not even the gym. Trivia - lost by one in the morning, won in the afternoon. There were only two of us both sessions; rest of the team no shows.

Just came back from the best dinner thus far; yes, there was broccoli. Will do nothing tonight other than read and maybe drink a little more wine. Also going to think about whether or not I want to get off ship tomorrow. It's Belize, but it's a tender port. I dislike tendering. A lot.

See ya............

So I got off the ship to see what had changed since I was last here. Nothing major, other than perhaps some of the exit area You still have to walk through the duty free shop in order to get to the center square where all the shops are located. Of course all the regulars, like Diamond International, Del Sol, Cariloha, etc. are still there. It's HOT out there and if I want to roast I can do the same thing on my own balcony. So here I am back in the comfort of A/C.

Did nothing today other than the above, eating and trivia. Not even the gym. Trivia - lost by one in the morning, won in the afternoon. There were only two of us both sessions; rest of the team no shows.

Just came back from the best dinner thus far; yes, there was broccoli. Will do nothing tonight other than read and maybe drink a little more wine. Also going to think about whether or not I want to get off ship tomorrow. It's Belize, but it's a tender port. I dislike tendering. A lot.

See ya............

Enjoy your evening!! I want to be back onboard!! :cool::cool:

Also on this cruise now. Our friends staying on Baja deck just got their medallions yesterday. Don’t know if the whole floor is done. They’re near the front.

We are on Baja deck in a aft balcony and received our medallions yesterday, as well.

Pia, don't you just love the "new and improved" text editor that puts extra spaces between paragraphs? I have to preview each post. If I forget I have to quickly edit. It makes me crazy!

Decided not to let it bother me. More important stuff to get me agitated, like having to walk a mile to get decent coffee. You should see the line down there this morning.

It's early Wednesday morning and we are anchored somewhere outside of Belize. Carnival Glory has been following us all the way; wonder if she's here too. For some reason I actually heard the pilot boat a few hours ago - very unusual since it was still the middle of the night. Remember, we are currently on mountain time. Until we have to go switcheroo again.

For those unfamiliar with this area, here's a little info:

Belize, formerly the colony of British Honduras, is the only country in Central America without a coastline on the Pacific Ocean (only the Caribbean Sea to its east), and the only one in the region with English as its official language. The country is located between Guatemala to the west and south and Mexico to the north. Offshore, the massive Belize Barrier Reef, dotted with hundreds of low-lying islands called cayes, hosts rich marine life. Belize’s jungle areas are home to Mayan ruins and is also a major bird watching destination.

A few facts:

The black orchid is the national flower

The mahogany tree is the national tree

The keel-billed toucan is the national bird

On board today is a big nothing. Spa moneymakers, pickleball, charades, pictionary; you get the idea. There's a Cheryl Crow concert on MUTS at 5:00 which coincides with time of the last tender leaving shoreside.

I'll be back later after I get my thoughts organized. I need a little more caffeine.