Club class dining

Debbdo

We’re booked on the Grand this December and have a suite but are currently selected the 5:30 traditional dining for 2 people.

Can anyone give info on the expanded menu for club class?

I’m thinking we should switch over to anytime dining for CC.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don’t need to switch. They know you are club class. Just go to the CC dining room whenever you want.

Club Class dining has improved - maybe it has been implemented with flair since first introduced - and yes, I’m impressed between first and last dining experiences.

While the menu is from the MDR, it is the additional options that help make the experience. It could be a special cheese tray, appetizer, main course extra or full entree or a dessert fixed nearby. I’m not convinced that an item from the MDR menu isn’t even a bit better cut of whatever dish you order.

The ability to walk-in at a time you choose - yes, we did wait once for about five minutes - is what Any Time Dining should be - no reservations allowed.

Wait staff is attentive and wants you to enjoy your dining experience.

Enjoy Club Class

You don’t need to switch. They know you are club class. Just go to the CC dining room whenever you want.
Yes, you do need to switch in order to free up the seats in traditional for people who will use them.

We sat with a mother/daughter duo on one cruise last year. They were in a window suite and could have gone to Club Class but did not realize it the first night since they had been assigned to our traditional table (along with another couple). They ended up deciding they enjoyed our company and kept their assignment.

When we had Club Class last year due to taking an upsell to a suite, I was disappointed that they did not have shared tables. Some of the tables for two, though, are close enough that you can talk to your neighbors if they're amenable to it. We met several nice people on our cruise. We arranged to meet a family of four before dinner a couple of nights so we could eat with them. We also ate with others at breakfast in Sabatini's some times when we happened to show up together.

Best to switch to AT so they have an extra spot in TD for someone that is on the waitlist.

I thought we had to do that so I had my TA called Princess. They said no worries. They know you are CC and it is irrelevant what it says on your booking. Not sure why it is done that way.

Mine said TD 600 on booking but actual cruise card said CC.

I thought we had to do that so I had my TA called Princess. They said no worries. They know you are CC and it is irrelevant what it says on your booking. Not sure why it is done that way.

I realize they know the passenger is CC but I think it does matter what is listed as it would remove a spot in TD for someone who does not have CC and is on the waitlist for TD.

Our booking showed anytime.

Interesting about your cruise card.

We were in a suite on the CB last week and our cruise card shows anytime.

Our cruise card said "anytime" for dining and Suite on the left side. It didn't say CC anywhere. Perhaps it says CC if you are in a CC mini.

Some people who are in a Club Class cabin may have requested traditional dining so they can eat with friends or family who are not in Club Class cabins. Princess should not assume a Club Class eligible person who has signed up for traditional really does not want the traditional.

We were on the Emerald in May, and had club class. We ate some nights with friends, but hadn't linked the reservations in advance. Not a problem.

Also, in previous CC trips, we were listed in traditional late, and still had anytime by the time we got to the ship.

And we did share tables. All we had to do was ask, and they'd seat the two of us at a table with other people. I'm on the Emerald in CC again this coming week, and I believe the Maitre'd of the dining room is the same, so the OP will probably be able to share.

On our cruise if you showed up after about 8, the room was emptying out, so no one to share with.

If you want a table for two in Club Class, no problems. Just show up and they will give you one.

If you want a table for four in Club Class, also no problems. Just show up and they will give you one. They have several tables for four - many times parties of two are seated at tables that will hold four.

If you want a table larger than four in Club Class, it's best to talk with the head waiter. We had a group of eight (all in Window Suites), and we had the same table for eight every night and every sea-day lunch with no problems. We introduced ourselves to the head waiter at embarkation lunch and after that our table for eight was always waiting for us. Even if two of us arrived by ourselves, we generally sat at the table for eight and the others joined us if they arrived before we left. There was no problem at embarkation lunch, since that is never full. We didn't eat dinner in Club Class until the second night, since we ate in a specialty restaurant the first night.

We also had a table for eight set up for us in Sabatini's every morning for breakfast. We did not coordinate our arrival times, but usually the others arrived before the first ones were finished and we sat around visiting (if we didn't have an early excursion).

If you want to share a table in Club Class, it doesn't always work well. They are perfectly willing to seat you at a sharing table, but often there is no one else to share with at the same time. In my opinion, this is the only disadvantage of Club Class.

They had three tables for two very close to each other. Often when we wanted to share, we would sit at one of those tables instead. They also had tables for two that were more separated, and you could choose which ones you wanted. After the first or second night, you didn't have to ask, since they remembered your preferences.

The only real drawback to Club Class dining is that if you want to dine with friends, they cannot join you in Club Class unless they are also in a Club Class cabin. But you can join them in another dining area.

What you see as a drawback I see as a BIG PLUS. If everyone brought a guest who didn't pay it would be more like anytime with a long wait. People who travel together could have one couple pick anytime and allow freeloaders in. It's a pay to play and keep it that way. As you stated, join them in an unrestricted dining venue.

We had recently been on Regal Princess, and had Club Class Dining.

You can dine anytime the main dining room is open. That includes breakfast, lunch on sea days, and dinner. On the Regal I believe it was open until 9:30 P.M.

You enter the dining room through a separate restaurant, where you ar greeted by the maintre’d and waiters you usually know you by name. In addition, there is usually no wait.

In most cases, the section reserved for club class was fairly empty, and we usually had the pick of the dining area. We were a party of three, no problem.

On most nights the maintre’d would be making a “special dish” though not at your table, and we usually had this for an entree.

On several nights we first saw the show, then went to the dining room.. No wait...no problem.

Club Class is not yet up to the level of Aqua Class and Blue Dining Room. But it is a welcome addition.

It really made our dining experience and cruise special. Highly recommend it.

Coming from our last four cruises with Celebrity all in the Blu we looked into Club Class, 600 dollars per per more for a Mini Suite wasn’t going to happen. We could do the Chefs Table and and speciality dining every night and save money about 800 dollars.

• Like 1

Just checked my cruise personalizer and CC is not an option, only TD & Anytime. Do I need to contact Princess or can I just change it once on board? Or does checking anytime include CC? Thanks again..I love all the quick responses and great recommendations I get from here.

I am in a suite on Island princess and my Booking Summary said anytime dining. I changed it to regular main dining and saved changes. I then set it back to anytime dining and saved changes and it automatically changed to Club Class!

I am in a suite on Island princess and my Booking Summary said anytime dining. I changed it to regular main dining and saved changes. I then set it back to anytime dining and saved changes and it automatically changed to Club Class!

It really doesn't matter. It will say "suite" on your card, and that means Club Class automatically.

Aha! Good catch! It is the website that needs to be updated for one's cruise. I did ours like you and it now says Club Class. Mystery solved.

• 2 months later...

I have us booked in a mini suite and would have loved to have Club Class, because we were lucky enough to score an upgrade last time that included it. However, there were no Club Class mini-suites available for purchase when I organised our booking. 

However, I have been umming and aahing over whether to have set dining times or anytime dining (I've never had the set dining time), and have changed it back and forth a few times. I changed it back to anytime dining today and now it says Club Class dining requested, Club Class dining confirmed!! 

Does this mean we will have Club Class? Because I loved the breakfasts in Sabatini's last time, and really would love to do that again. I'm just not sure if this is some kind of quirk or mistake. 

I was a bit unsure what it all meant, I still don't really understand but I will ask at the start of our cruise next time so we know where we're meant to be. 

Edited by spersephone

1 hour ago, spersephone said:

I have us booked in a mini suite and would have loved to have Club Class, because we were lucky enough to score an upgrade last time that included it. However, there were no Club Class mini-suites available for purchase when I organised our booking. 

However, I have been umming and aahing over whether to have set dining times or anytime dining (I've never had the set dining time), and have changed it back and forth a few times. I changed it back to anytime dining today and now it says Club Class dining requested, Club Class dining confirmed!! 

Does this mean we will have Club Class? Because I loved the breakfasts in Sabatini's last time, and really would love to do that again. I'm just not sure if this is some kind of quirk or mistake. 

I was a bit unsure what it all meant, I still don't really understand but I will ask at the start of our cruise next time so we know where we're meant to be. 

You only get breakfast in Sabatinis if you are in a full suite not a mini. It has nothing to do with CC.

Anytime dining is the default for CC.

Thats what you have to pick if your in a CC  mini. Sounds like you are good to go.

Not sure whether your mini qualifies as a CC cabin or not. Why not call Princess and find out?

3 minutes ago, spersephone said:

I suspect it is some kind of glitch. 

Last time we were upgraded to a suite and it was amazing. This time, we're not quite going that far, so we don't expect to have the same perks, but just wondered how it all worked. 

I updated my post above.

I've been on one 2 day cruise, and one brilliant 12 day cruise. This is our second 12 day cruise coming up, and we're still feeling our way. One thing I did not like was that we didn't understand what was included, what "perks" we actually got, until a few days in. I think this time we will more likely enjoy what is available because we will know to look for it. 

Like I said, I couldn't actually ask for a Club Class mini suite this time, but it was done over the phone with Princess when we changed our original booking to upgrade during a promotion, and perhaps we lucked in without realising. 

We are in a suite for the first time and traveling with two other couples who are not. I know that they cannot join us, but can we eat in Club Class when we want to and use our Anytime Dining at other times when we want to eat with our friends at the same time?