Drink package sale

I looked up the drink package for our May 2019 cruise and it doesn't show a sale but when I look it up for our December 2018 cruise it shows 20% off. I didn't realize that it would vary based on your cruise. I thought if it was on sale it would be on sale for all sailings. Any explanation for this?

I looked up the drink package for our May 2019 cruise and it doesn't show a sale but when I look it up for our December 2018 cruise it shows 20% off. I didn't realize that it would vary based on your cruise. I thought if it was on sale it would be on sale for all sailings. Any explanation for this?

That's how RC does it. They put things "on sale" when they want to increase sales for that item for that voyage.

Were they buying on the first day, or were they waiting a day or two, maybe hedging their bets and costs that way?

It appeared buying on the first day, I didn't see any discounts offered, and a lot seems dumbfounded about the packages.

It appeared buying on the first day, I didn't see any discounts offered, and a lot seems dumbfounded about the packages.

The discount is that you are paying for fewer days. :)

I am guessing - only guessing - that you saw a lot of cruise newbies and/or people who aren't avid users of the internet, who didn't know about the Cruise Planner and other functions of the website.

:)

I just booked a cruise on Anthem of the Seas for April 2019. On the cruise planner, it says the drink package is 20% off. Is this kind of discount usually temporary or is it possible it will last a while? Anyone ever see the discount last the entire time up until their cruise? We just booked a couple of days ago and need some time to decide if it’s worth it for us.

I just booked a cruise on Anthem of the Seas for April 2019. On the cruise planner, it says the drink package is 20% off. Is this kind of discount usually temporary or is it possible it will last a while? Anyone ever see the discount last the entire time up until their cruise? We just booked a couple of days ago and need some time to decide if it’s worth it for us.

No rhyme or reason. You might see that go up, you could see it go down. If it goes down, you can cancel what you currently have and buy it at the cheaper rate. Just know that it can take several days to a week for the credit to show up on your card, while the new charge will hit immediately. Same goes for shore excursions. Prior to my last cruise in June, I bought, cancelled and repurchased drink packages and excursions several times. Pain in the keester, but the savings was significant. I've purchased a couple of things for my May 2019 cruise, but stalk the site in case I see another drop, which I'm pretty sure will happen, I just don't know when. :rolleyes:

Our April 2019 cruise on Mariner is listing it as 20% off "onboard" price. That is really not a sale that is the regular price you can always buy it at on the cruise planner. It is likely to go down at some point in the future. Everything in our cruise planner, except spa services, has at some point gone down in price quite substantially for our Oct 28th cruise on Liberty. We got the Deluxe drink package for me for $42 a day and Refreshment package for DW for $18 a day. Our April cruise shows Deluxe at $60 and Refreshment at $26. I'm holding out, I'm expecting that to come down at some point. Hang tough, I'm sure it will come down

Our April 2019 cruise on Mariner is listing it as 20% off "onboard" price. That is really not a sale that is the regular price you can always buy it at on the cruise planner. It is likely to go down at some point in the future. Everything in our cruise planner, except spa services, has at some point gone down in price quite substantially for our Oct 28th cruise on Liberty. We got the Deluxe drink package for me for $42 a day and Refreshment package for DW for $18 a day. Our April cruise shows Deluxe at $60 and Refreshment at $26. I'm holding out, I'm expecting that to come down at some point. Hang tough, I'm sure it will come down

Just a note of caution: The Mariner prices may not come down. Those are shorter cruises, very popular, and RC won't maximize their profits by discounting the packages.

But only time will tell. :)

Just a note of caution: The Mariner prices may not come down. Those are shorter cruises, very popular, and RC won't maximize their profits by discounting the packages.

But only time will tell. :)

Thanks for the heads up! I didn't know that. Worst case scenario is I pay the price that is currently being offered. I can't see this going up at all.

We can get one Deluxe drink package for hubby and I don't have to get one as well? I thought it says we both have to purchase the Deluxe pkg??:o

We can get one Deluxe drink package for hubby and I don't have to get one as well? I thought it says we both have to purchase the Deluxe pkg??:o
My cruise is for February 2019. Last year I've paid $42 plus taxes and 18%. Base on my consumption, this price is a real deal for me. I'll wait until it comes up...[emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app

Yes, you can't get it on the cruise planner though. When the price gets to a point you are comfortable with on the cruise planner just call RCI and have them book it for you. As long as you order a Refreshment pkg for the other 21+ passenger they will let you order just 1 Deluxe pkg. If the prices drop after you book, you can always cancel and rebook no problem. The only downside is that when you cancel it takes them about 7 days to get the money back on your card versus instantly when they are taking it off the card.

So the 20% off price I am seeing for my April 2019 cruise on Anthem OTS is the standard price when you purchase online in advance? And it can only go down, not up?

I believe so but I don't want to say 100% sure. I'm sure some more veteran cruisers can chime in here. However, that has been my experience with my current bookings. What is the daily price right now for the April 2019 cruise?

I believe so but I don't want to say 100% sure. I'm sure some more veteran cruisers can chime in here. However, that has been my experience with my current bookings. What is the daily price right now for the April 2019 cruise?

Right now it says $44 per adult per day, and it advertises that this is a 20% discount vs. purchasing onboard the ship.

Right now it says $44 per adult per day, and it advertises that this is a 20% discount vs. purchasing onboard the ship.

That represents a $55/day onboard price. You'll probably see a $41 price on a "Buy 1 get 2nd 50% off" (aka 25% off) offer, and possibly a $38 30%-off deal, give or take a $1 or so depending on how Royal Caribbean might choose to round off the non-exact dollar amounts at those discounts.

That represents a $55/day onboard price. You'll probably see a $41 price on a "Buy 1 get 2nd 50% off" (aka 25% off) offer, and possibly a $38 30%-off deal, give or take a $1 or so depending on how Royal Caribbean might choose to round off the non-exact dollar amounts at those discounts.

Thanks, I will be checking everyday. Do you think it could go up though?

Thanks, I will be checking everyday. Do you think it could go up though?

Discounts will change. Sometimes they'll be higher, sometimes lower, but the onboard pricing it's based on is just something that is different depending on ship/sailing, and is likely subject to normal occasional increases (or decreases, though be honest about Royal Caribbean's intentions about profiting from things and think about it!). I've seen modest price increases occur recently that seem to just show a higher general 2019 pricing structure come in on some ships... 5% or less, but higher nevertheless.

You can always cancel anything you buy in the Cruise Planner and get the cost fully refunded, then just buy it again at the lower price. But once you buy it at 30% off, it's very unlikely to ever be offered for less than that, so not much need to follow prices afterwards.

If saving a few dollars per day is worthwhile to you, buy it now, up front, and watch the price, especially on weekends, and cancel and re-buy it if it goes down.