Your Time Dining can be reserved via app on the Horizon!!!

kwokpot

Off the Horizon a week ago. Overall a GREAT ship - some subtle design changes from the Vista make the ship look less BLAND. Overall the ship looks beautiful!

Anyway something that is new to ME at least - did you know you can make YourTime Dining reservations using the Carnival App? It works without paying for WiFi - just make sure you're on Airplane mode and you're signed onto the Ship's Wifi. You can do EVERYTHING from your state room or anywhere else on the ship. When you table is ready you will get a notification and it even tells and shows you what table! You just show the greeter at the Dining Room your texted confirmation and they walk you to your table! LOVED this new feature!

• Like 1

Off the Horizon a week ago. Overall a GREAT ship - some subtle design changes from the Vista make the ship look less BLAND. Overall the ship looks beautiful!

Anyway something that is new to ME at least - did you know you can make YourTime Dining reservations using the Carnival App? It works without paying for WiFi - just make sure you're on Airplane mode and you're signed onto the Ship's Wifi. You can do EVERYTHING from your state room or anywhere else on the ship. When you table is ready you will get a notification and it even tells and shows you what table! You just show the greeter at the Dining Room your texted confirmation and they walk you to your table! LOVED this new feature!

WoW that is a great feature :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How does one make the reservations?

How does one make the reservations?

There's a section under Dining & Entertainment. When you choose it both names in the Stateroom came up. There didn't seem to be a choice to add another stateroom #, so not sure if you can do that. If the other guest has the phone app active, they will receive a message that they have been added to a YTD reservation. All members of the reservation that have the app active will get notified that they are waiting a table reservation and will get notified when a table is assigned!

TBH no one told us about this. At the start of the cruise we did it the normal way and went to the Ocean Plaza area to get a table assignment and/or buzzer. It was only during the middle of the cruise when we had a buzzer AND the phone app active did I realize that I was getting notifications on my phone that we were waiting a table assignment. And actually we received the table assignment text BEFORE the buzzer actually went off (It actually never did)! The night after that I went into the app to see if there's that evening dinner menu in there(There isn't) and that's when I found the ability to make your own table reservation via the app! Why they didn't advertise this is beyond me!

Why do you need reservations? I thought you just show up and ask for a table, like on NCL. Doesn’t that defeat the premise of dining whenever YOU want to? I will be trying YTD on my next cruise, after thoroughly enjoying Freestyle Cruising on NCL. Praying for a good experience, as I’ve been really looking forward to cruising Carnival.

Why do you need reservations? I thought you just show up and ask for a table, like on NCL. Doesn’t that defeat the premise of dining whenever YOU want to? I will be trying YTD on my next cruise, after thoroughly enjoying Freestyle Cruising on NCL. Praying for a good experience, as I’ve been really looking forward to cruising Carnival.

Yes, you do show up when you want to dine. On the larger Carnival ships, you go to a separate area besides the Dining room to get your assigned table. This is done to avoid congestion around the Dining Room entrance. But as with ALL cruiselines when the Dining Room is full, you won't be able to get a table assignment right away. They give you a buzzer(And I KNOW NCL does this) until your table is ready, just like a land based restaurant. The nice thing about doing it on the Carnival phone app is that you can do it anywhere on the ship. If they have tables available immediately the app will tell you.

Yes, you do show up when you want to dine. On the larger Carnival ships, you go to a separate area besides the Dining room to get your assigned table. This is done to avoid congestion around the Dining Room entrance. But as with ALL cruiselines when the Dining Room is full, you won't be able to get a table assignment right away. They give you a buzzer(And I KNOW NCL does this) until your table is ready, just like a land based restaurant. The nice thing about doing it on the Carnival phone app is that you can do it anywhere on the ship. If they have tables available immediately the app will tell you.

Thank you!!

NCL ships that have the hostess stand near the MDR where you checkin for a table. carnival does not have this and that is why there is a separate area by ocean plaza (depending on the ship)

• 2 months later...

Was on the Horizon Thanksgiving Week and reserving a Your Time Dining table via App was a Breeze! Never needed to go to Ocean Plaza Area for reservations, the App worked every time! And what's new from my last visit on August is that you now and see the evening's menu right on the app! So while you're waiting for your table you can already plan out what you're going to have.

27 minutes ago, bigcraig said:

Is that the Hub app or CCL app? Screenshot please?

The HUB app. FYI there's no charge to use the app, nor do you have to pay for Wifi in order to use the Hup App. You DO have to pay $5/pp/cruise to use the chat feature in the Hub app. Sorry, I've

been off the ship for a week so no screenshots.

Edited by kwokpot