Inclusive drinks offer on 2019 cruises

I notice Royal Caribbean are offering All Inclusive Drinks package along with their Buy one fare at full price and get second fare half price.

I wonder where this leaves those like ourselves that have already booked, do we get offer the Drinks package for free too?

I notice Royal Caribbean are offering All Inclusive Drinks package along with their Buy one fare at full price and get second fare half price.

I wonder where this leaves those like ourselves that have already booked, do we get offer the Drinks package for free too?

If you are willing to switch to the current prices, and your booking rules allow you to get price adjustments, then you can get the "free" drink package.

Ive just noticed this too :loudcry: and it’s applicable on our cruise. We literally just booked last week via a travel agent (UK) so I guess we are out of luck. I’ve checked the price and it would have saved us approximately £500 :( so next time we need to be patient and wait.

Royal changed to all inclusive drinks today in the U.K for 2019 sailings. You get what offer is on at the time you book.

Have you gone back in and priced the cruise you have already booked?

We booked last month with no drinks included. Out of curiosity I priced the same cruise and cabin grade today. £2800+ Increase

If we all took out the applicable drinks packages to our party, the cost would not come to £1000

I’m glad we waited for a window with no drinks included.

I know they change the offers all of the time and had been watching the prices. I’ve literally just checked and we would have saved hundreds of pounds. I guess if the price had gone up I wouldn’t be complaining so we’ll just have to suck it up but it’s somewhat frustrating that being organised means we’ve missed out :rolleyes:.

I went in and built our cruise again and I would only save £160 so not sure it’s worth the hassle because I’m currently on meds that don’t allow me to drink alcohol. Of course my back may improve to the point that I’m off them come Cruise time but I still question whether I’ll drink the £323 worth of the package in a week.

Surely that’s the risk you take? If you buy something in a shop and then two weeks later it’s in the sale, you don’t go and get a refund on the difference do you? I wanted to wait for the new ‘deal’ RCI said started on 3rd September before I booked my next cruise as I had a hunch it would include the free drinks package, but the cruise itself was getting booked up and sold out a good few weeks ago now! Good job I booked when I did! You take the risk. If you want to wait, then wait, but risk not getting on it.

Surely that’s the risk you take? If you buy something in a shop and then two weeks later it’s in the sale, you don’t go and get a refund on the difference do you? I wanted to wait for the new ‘deal’ RCI said started on 3rd September before I booked my next cruise as I had a hunch it would include the free drinks package, but the cruise itself was getting booked up and sold out a good few weeks ago now! Good job I booked when I did! You take the risk. If you want to wait, then wait, but risk not getting on it.

You wanted to late until the 3rd of Sept, well when you need a disabled room where there’s precious few available you not have this luxury.

When my son took ill this June on the day we were due to fly a few weeks later we decided to see if we could get another cruise either around the Med or the likes where the flight would be shorter and despite our best efforts and those of the travel agent we could find anything.

When you have someone in your party who’s in a chair you need to get in early which is usually not the cheapest times.

You wanted to late until the 3rd of Sept, well when you need a disabled room where there’s precious few available you not have this luxury.

When my son took ill this June on the day we were due to fly a few weeks later we decided to see if we could get another cruise either around the Med or the likes where the flight would be shorter and despite our best efforts and those of the travel agent we could find anything.

When you have someone in your party who’s in a chair you need to get in early which is usually not the cheapest times.

You’ve completely missed the point! What I am saying is if people want to wait for the best deal, you take the risk of not getting on the ship at all because it’s sold out. I booked mine at the end of July but even if there had been staterooms left now WITH the free drinks package that started on 3rd September, I wouldn’t expect to be ‘given’ it, because that wasn’t the deal when I booked it. I don’t see how you have managed to turn this round into a discussion about booking disabled rooms!

My cruise was booked on 10/07/18 when the ‘book one get 2 nd half price’ was first launched. It cost us £3700. Today’s price WITHOUT the added inclusive drinks package is +£900 total for 2 people. The inclusive fare is not advertised on our cruise.

I may add that we also calculated the previous offer and the price P.P was much less, but the total, paying the 2 advertised fares also came to £3700, so the book one get 2nd half price was a ‘Creative Accounting ‘ exercise.:evilsmile:

We only look at cruises in the school holidays and this current all inclusive 'free' drinks package promotion is bad news.

One independence cruise we were looking at we would have been £800.00 better off even with adding the cost of drinks packages onto the last 'promotion' offered.

I'm sure there are winners with the all inclusive sale but I'd wager a bet that most people in the UK booking now are actually losing with this promotion.

My travel agent friend says UK booking significantly increase though so you have to take your hat off to Royal from a business perspective.

You cancel, losing your deposit and then rebook. Depends whether the gain is more than the lost deposit.

We only look at cruises in the school holidays and this current all inclusive 'free' drinks package promotion is bad news.

One independence cruise we were looking at we would have been £800.00 better off even with adding the cost of drinks packages onto the last 'promotion' offered.

I'm sure there are winners with the all inclusive sale but I'd wager a bet that most people in the UK booking now are actually losing with this promotion.

My travel agent friend says UK booking significantly increase though so you have to take your hat off to Royal from a business perspective.

Guess you're only a winner if you would of got the drinks package. There should be two prices ,one all inclusive and one without the alcoholpackage for none drinkers or at least other offers like free tips and specialized dinner package. These all inclusive prices are high

Surely that’s the risk you take? If you buy something in a shop and then two weeks later it’s in the sale, you don’t go and get a refund on the difference do you?

On a pack of gum, no. On a new OLED TV... you bet your bippy I'd go in and ask for a price adjustment if the amount was substantial. They may say no, but I can assure you they often do it. We don't make a stink if they don't do it, and keep it quiet if they do make the adjustment, so they keep doing it when rarely asked.

There are also price protection benefits with many credit cards. Some US stores even advertise price protection on your purchases.

The prices seem very changeable from different countrys ,

The cruise i have booked i saw firstly over 4000 euros for 3 ,then went down to 3800 ,then 3600 so i booked it ,then reduced to 3360 that was 30 % off and 3rd person 50 % so i phoned and they matched that price this is booking from Spain .

After reading about current UK offers second guest 50 % and drinks package i looked up UK price and with the offer it came up at 4140 pounds(4590 euros) so i think at the end of the day just have to look at final price and not what they say the offer is .

Now price in Spain has gone up again to nearly 4000 euros:confused:

Edited by Saman