Are there various alcohol “tastings” on Princess?

DnA2010

Our first Princess cruise is coming up fast (yay!) and I was just wondering if Princess has daytime tastings - ie wine, whiskey, beer, mixology with cocktails etc...we’ve enjoyed this on other cruises so curious if we can do them on our Emerald Princess upcoming cruise :D

You will be offered a wine tasting experience in Vines for a fee. Trust me, they won’t miss offering it to you. I haven’t seen any other tastings but I think I read with the new drink offerings starting in the Fall, there are whiskey flights and the like. None are free in case you were wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first Princess cruise is coming up fast (yay!) and I was just wondering if Princess has daytime tastings - ie wine, whiskey, beer, mixology with cocktails etc...we’ve enjoyed this on other cruises so curious if we can do them on our Emerald Princess upcoming cruise :D

Usually there are two wine tastings, different pricings both with nibbles and held in one of the dining room where the "experts" give a chat about their particular favorites. A bit of fun but that's about all.

You will be offered a wine tasting experience in Vines for a fee. Trust me, they won’t miss offering it to you. I haven’t seen any other tastings but I think I read with the new drink offerings starting in the Fall, there are whiskey flights and the like. None are free in case you were wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The two always offered wine tastings are held in the MDR:

• Grapevine Wine Tasting: $9.50 per person
  • Maitre d' Wine Tasting: $25.00 per person

On ships with Vines, they often offer wine tastings with food pairings done at the Stammtisch Table (big pub height table in Vines). They may not be listed in the Patter since it is limited to a dozen people or less but the staff in Vines can give you the information. When we were on the Ruby in July for 7 days I think there was only one Stammtisch (red wine and chocolates if I remember correctly). The longer the itinerary the more Stammtisch Tables offered.

The two always offered wine tastings are held in the MDR:

• Grapevine Wine Tasting: $9.50 per person
  • Maitre d' Wine Tasting: $25.00 per person

On ships with Vines, they often offer wine tastings with food pairings done at the Stammtisch Table (big pub height table in Vines). They may not be listed in the Patter since it is limited to a dozen people or less but the staff in Vines can give you the information. When we were on the Ruby in July for 7 days I think there was only one Stammtisch (red wine and chocolates if I remember correctly). The longer the itinerary the more Stammtisch Tables offered.

As Capriccio indicates, the Stammtisch events at Vines are not advertised in the Patter. You have to regularly drop by vines and look for a sign or a clipboard with a sign-up sheet. The cost of the Stammtisch is $15.

If you are a wine buff, the Stammtisch events are a lot of fun, mostly, because the attendees are, generally, pretty knowledgeable. Usually, at the end the facilitator asks the group which wine was their favorite, He'll then open up a couple more of those bottles and the group can sip and chat among themselves.

In the last year. or so, I've noticed a "Wine Blending" event at Vines. This one is $40. As the name indicates attendees are given three or four single-variety wines and get to experiment combining them in different ratios to see which combination they like best.

As Capriccio indicates, the Stammtisch events at Vines are not advertised in the Patter. You have to regularly drop by vines and look for a sign or a clipboard with a sign-up sheet. The cost of the Stammtisch is $15.

If you are a wine buff, the Stammtisch events are a lot of fun, mostly, because the attendees are, generally, pretty knowledgeable. Usually, at the end the facilitator asks the group which wine was their favorite, He'll then open up a couple more of those bottles and the group can sip and chat among themselves.

In the last year. or so, I've noticed a "Wine Blending" event at Vines. This one is $40. As the name indicates attendees are given three or four single-variety wines and get to experiment combining them in different ratios to see which combination they like best.

That sounds like fun.

I wonder if they would have it on the Pacific. There's no "Vines" on her but they could do it in Sabitini's during the day.

Wine tasting yes, others hard to say with certainty until you are onboard.

That sounds like fun.

I wonder if they would have it on the Pacific. There's no "Vines" on her but they could do it in Sabitini's during the day.

We cruised the Pacific in 2015 and 2016 and one Stammtisch Table was scheduled for each two week cruise. Unfortunately in 2015 the event was scheduled to be held outside on deck and it was rained out [emoji22] In 2016 it was held in the Upper Hall on Deck 5 with about 12 passengers and 4-5 officers. The three wines were very good and there was extra to go around. They accommodated our vegetarian daughter with meatless food pairings. One passenger’s husband was a beer drinker and they did a three beer and food pairing for him. That is just an example of the great and accommodating crew on the Pacific. That was one of our more enjoyable Stammtisch Tables.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a Stammtisch Table in Vines when we sailed Star to Mexico. We met a really great couple (Stephan and Andrew) from Canada on that cruise and they were at the Stammtisch when we did the red wines. Christopher (Ocampo?) was the Wind Tender. He was really great. My wife says we did both the red wine night and the white wine night. I don't remember doing the white wine night but, if she says so, I'm not going to argue with her.

We cruised the Pacific in 2015 and 2016 and one Stammtisch Table was scheduled for each two week cruise. Unfortunately in 2015 the event was scheduled to be held outside on deck and it was rained out [emoji22] In 2016 it was held in the Upper Hall on Deck 5 with about 12 passengers and 4-5 officers. The three wines were very good and there was extra to go around. They accommodated our vegetarian daughter with meatless food pairings. One passenger’s husband was a beer drinker and they did a three beer and food pairing for him. That is just an example of the great and accommodating crew on the Pacific. That was one of our more enjoyable Stammtisch Tables.

Thanks !

We'll be on the Pacific for New Years and will look forward to this.

Since the Stammtisch isn't announced in the Patter - how did you know about it?

We went to the red wine and chocolate pairing on the Emerald and loved it but we found out about it from our Vines sommelier. There is no Vines on the Pacific so I'm not sure where to look.

Thanks !

We'll be on the Pacific for New Years and will look forward to this.

Since the Stammtisch isn't announced in the Patter - how did you know about it?

We went to the red wine and chocolate pairing on the Emerald and loved it but we found out about it from our Vines sommelier. There is no Vines on the Pacific so I'm not sure where to look.

On the 2015 cruise the Stammtisch was advertised in the Patter on days 2, 3, 5, and 6. On the 2016 cruise the Stammtisch was advertised in the Patter on days 3 thru 8.