What is the best deck on the Anthum of the Seas?

Such an open question.  What qualifies as 'best'?  

I liked a deck 6 balcony I once had that was forward of the life boats and provided a clear view down to the water.  It was convenient to the theater, diamond lounge and esplanade.  Cabin 6122.  Most deck 6 balconies are obstructed view with a life boat in your face. 

Some folks like being as high as possible for quick access to the pools and Windjammer.  

The ones in the aft section can be a long walk to the mid-ship elevator lobby.  I had one once and it seemed like I was walking down a very long hallway several times each day.  Cabin 11300.  

The best balcony cabin is the one I don't have to pay for.  That hasn't happened yet but when it does, it will be the best!

• Like 1

With the new builds getting larger and larger any room I book has to be mid ship. On sea days we spend most for the time on the pool deck and don't really walk back to the room until late afternoon. In the evening we spend our time at the different venues on the lower portion of the ship. We prefer easy access to coffee in the morning and drinks in the evening so the lower decks make more sense for us. We are booked mid ship on deck six in an unobstructed balcony for our upcoming cruise. I probably wouldn't book above deck 8.

On Anthem, I wouldn’t book anything lower than Deck 8, and would prefer 9. On our cruise this summer, our “unobstructed” cabin had a huge white stanchion-type thing that supported the life boat below in front of our balcony. While it didn’t actually obstruct the view, the white paint reflected light so we had to close the drapes to darken the room, and it really detracted from that “sea-at-night” feeling. Gave it an industrial zone feeling. 

Would stay away from level directly below pool deck (noisy) and ob's on deck 6.  Anything in between is ok.  Also outdoor smoking lounge is on deck 5 starboard, 3/4 of the way back .  Smoke (and noise) rise and drift aft so would prefer to avoid lower decks in that area.

Edited by Baron Barracuda

Shhh with the deck 6 love. Yes it's incredibly convenient to be a flight of stairs from the Schooner Bar or Cafe 270. And not having to wait for an elevator before and after dinner. And being as close as possible to the sea. Hopefully most people hear deck 6 and think of obstructed views and hordes of smokers lurking beneath their balconies. I hear deck 10 is nice. 

• Like 1

Everyone has their own preferences. Lower is less sway in heavy swells. High is convenient to WJ, pool, sports and spa. Some like the cheaper prices of Deck 6 obstructed views while others wouldn’t consider them. Most often I’ve been deck 8, or 7.  It’s somewhat halfway up or down and seems like a good compromise. Was in one of those cabins when Anthem got caught in the storm a couple years ago. There was movement but I think all decks felt it. We had minimal problems or damage in the cabin so it’s a winner to me. 

I like being higher up in the ship, deck 10 or 11. Its not for the pool or WJ though, I'm not a pool person. I just like it, but really don't have great reason why. I also really wouldn't consider a obstructed view balcony. I'd rather just go to an inside cabin at that point.

We also prefer deck six forward (near steps) on the Anthem we found we spent more time on the lower levels. Everything is one floor down on the promenade; coffee/snacks/entertainment/Diamond Lounge.  We normally do not reply on the elevators and usually take the steps. The last two cruises on the Anthem were on deck six obstructed view and one booked in May 2019 on deck six ob view, it works for us.   Enjoy!

Chris

Its a subjective question.  It depends on what is most important to you. For example,

1) A family may want a high deck-forward to be closer to the teen center.

2). Some want to be close to the lido

3) some want to be lower near the entertainment.

the list goes on and on.  So, if anyone were to answer your question with any value to you. Please provide more info. This will greatly improve your chances of receiving valuable info.

16 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

We loved our Grand Loft suite on deck 10 with the back and side balcony.  In fact we liked it so much we will have the same room in March and again in November of 2019.

We loved it too!  thanks for sharing it during our Cabin crawl. I've been out of candy for some time....😭