Grand suite perks

Orlandocruiser

Unfortunately, Carnival does not provide much in the way of benefits for suite guests, outside of a larger cabin (and they don't make it easy to find those few perks on their web site). Here's the summary of what you get:

Priority security line, check-in and boarding

Priority dinner time assignment

Tendering priority (for ports that require tendering)

Debarkation time choice

Edited by joepeka

5 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Unfortunately, Carnival does not provide much in the way of benefits for suite guests, outside of a larger cabin (and they don't make it easy to find those few perks on their web site). Here's the summary of what you get:

Priority security line, check-in and boarding

Priority dinner time assignment

Tendering priority (for ports that require tendering)

Debarkation time choice

You also get a bottle of water and a free bag of laundry. You also get to pay more in gratuities! 🙂

We were in the Havana on the Horizon and the pool area was jammed on sea days. I think there were around 20 additional rooms classified with Havana privs compared to the Horizon and it showed.

thought it was odd that higher priced suites didn’t have access, but the area couldn’t support the extra cabins already. Don’t know how many suites would have access, but people in the Havana area may not want to pay the premium for an even more overcrowded area moving forward. We will certainly think twice next time with even more passengers being added.

Will be curious to see how the new 2020 new class build incorporates for the Havana area when they release details early next year.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, teknoge3k said:

I must have missed out. I've been in a grand suite several times and never got strawberries. 

Same here, never got any strawberries. However I don't like strawberries so I didn't care.:classic_tongue:

On 10/23/2018 at 8:29 PM, omarchs said:

We were in the Havana on the Horizon and the pool area was jammed on sea days. I think there were around 20 additional rooms classified with Havana privs compared to the Horizon and it showed.

thought it was odd that higher priced suites didn’t have access, but the area couldn’t support the extra cabins already. Don’t know how many suites would have access, but people in the Havana area may not want to pay the premium for an even more overcrowded area moving forward. We will certainly think twice next time with even more passengers being added.

Will be curious to see how the new 2020 new class build incorporates for the Havana area when they release details early next year.

We were booked on Horizon for next summer in a Havana interior cabin, but have since decided to cancel, as we felt it wasn't worth the premium with the additional cabins and now Grand Suite cabins being given access.  Such a shame, as we were really looking forward to experiencing the lighter crowds in the Havana area.  Shame on Carnival for getting greedy.

19 hours ago, bobsfamily said:

A couple I know had the grand suite this past May and got bubbly, something basically every day, invite to a dinner with the Captain, etc.

On Carnival? A couple, who is a friend of friend said, they got something every day?  I don't think so. 

16 minutes ago, coevan said:

On Carnival? A couple, who is a friend of friend said, they got something every day?  I don't think so. 

I was on the SAME cruise and went to their cabin pretty much every day (we had a balcony), they did not want the bubbly so I got it. Saw the strawberries and the cheese tray. They had a great time meeting the captain at dinner.  This was their first Carnival cruise as they were taking daughter/grand children.

It happen, if you don't think it happens great, just letting others know that Carnival seems to be stepping up their game for suites....

56 minutes ago, Cap'n Ron said:

We were booked on Horizon for next summer in a Havana interior cabin, but have since decided to cancel, as we felt it wasn't worth the premium with the additional cabins and now Grand Suite cabins being given access.  Such a shame, as we were really looking forward to experiencing the lighter crowds in the Havana area.  Shame on Carnival for getting greedy.

I actually see this as the opposite of Carnival being greedy. They are extending a perk to more guests on the ship without charging for it.  When I was on Vista last year, we spent a lot of time at the Havana bar during the day and the Havana pool area never had many people there.  From talking to friends who have stayed in Havana cabins and reading posts on this site, this is a common occurrence. I assume Carnival factored this into their decision to extend Havana pool access to grand suite cabins. Of course there will always be exceptions when the Havana pool area will be crowded every day during a cruise. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579