Upgrade offer

Sbjefm

Personally I'd rather be on 2 across from an elevator. It's nice to get off of an elevator and you're right at your cabin. It's also nice to only have to go up 2 floors to get to your cabin once you come back from port, or go down 2 floors rather than go up/down 10/11 floors with everyone else. 

16 minutes ago, Sbjefm said:

My initial thought in booking the inside on Lido was the cost savings, quick access to pool area and outside for lots of sea daysplus close to food and bars. 

Thats why I love it. The people who like the lower decks always talk about how nice it is coming back on a port day. I say think about all the back and forth you could do on a sea day. So convenient.

Hi 

Many people enjoy being on Lido for exactly the reasons you mentioned.  I also like that it is much closer to the gym. The shower facilities in the gym are much better than the cabins and you have the use of the sauna/steam rooms where they are available. Also some ships have a jacuzzi in the spa area that are rarely used. I would consider an OV/or balcony on Lido. Being on deck 2 would be far from your original intention. 

have a great cruise

I have never had an interior myself and never on lido. I do love my midship oceanview so this is a hard choice.  Last cruise we were on the 8th deck and my husband, who never has an opinion about what I book, said we must always stay in that location from now on.  It was super awesome to be so close to everything.  This is a very tough choice but for a long cruise, I would choose the oceanview.  On long cruises, I spend a lot of time in my cabin relaxing, reading and napping.  When I am not in my room, I am partying hard.  Cabin amenities are important in that regard.  Did you check to see if they had anything else more midship? Deck 2 has never been a problem and movement won’t be an issue unless that is the dining room used for seaday brunch or you are below the galley.  We were right below the aft pool and pizza and were not bothered at all except for an occasional chair scraping.  Let us know what you choose.  

14 days in an interior cabin would be awful - we have taken several free 4 day cruises in an interior and felt claustrophobic. Take the ocean view as long as you feel it is reasonable cost. You will be able to see the weather and probably have a couch and coffee table which you won't have in an interior unless it's a porthole interior (according to diagrams I just searched).

personally I'd take the lido interior.  I almost always choose an interior, even on longer cruises. I sleep better in the darkness of an interior.  And I always choose on or as close to Lido deck as possible -  it's so close to the things I want to be near during the day.

On our last cruise the windows were dirty so the view was meh which is why I said this time it’s not worth the extra money to look out salt watered windows lol. Idk. I’m still torn. I’m not much of a room person. I like being out and exploring but the offer is still tempting because of the low price. 

13 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Matter of preference. I love the inside lido...and I hate lower decks. Most people will tell you to take a window no matter where it is though.

I'm usually not very picky but two weeks on a boat, I would think a window would be needed.  I do fine for 7 days on an inside but I might need that view for two weeks. 

4 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

I'm usually not very picky but two weeks on a boat, I would think a window would be needed.  I do fine for 7 days on an inside but I might need that view for two weeks. 

Depends on how much time you spend in the room. I'm in there mostly to sleep..and I like it dark. Other than that I would only be in there getting ready in the morning and before dinner....and I'd be in the bathroom for most of that. I've never done a 14 day cruise. I do have 9 days...a 5/4 back to back booked in a lido interior.

Edited by Saint Greg

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Depends on how much time you spend in the room. I'm in there mostly to sleep..and I like it dark. Other than that I would only be in there getting ready in the morning and before dinner....and I'd be in the bathroom for most of that. I've never done a 14 day cruise. I do have 9 days...a 5/4 back to back booked in a lido interior.

True.  We don't spend much time in room either so it depends on your personality.  I think for two weeks I would want a balcony and I never want a balcony. 🙂