Next promotion

Bdnclc

No one knows until it’s announced you just have to keep checking and princess will tell you that they don’t know either if you book a trip and they come out with a promotion they will adjust it it doesn’t pay to wait for the promotion because they generally raise the cost after the promotion in my opinion 

hope this helps 

5 hours ago, Mjkny said:

No one knows until it’s announced you just have to keep checking and princess will tell you that they don’t know either if you book a trip and they come out with a promotion they will adjust it it doesn’t pay to wait for the promotion because they generally raise the cost after the promotion in my opinion 

hope this helps 

Not always.  We have taken advantage of sales after booking a cruise where the cost of the cruise is less not to mention better perks.  We are taking advantage of the 3 for free sale going on now for a cruise we have booked for next fall.  

Edited by satxdiver
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

3 For Free is by far the better promo.

Not necessarily...I posted this in another thread:

======================================

We have a 15 day connoisseur cruise tour booked for next May. The price showing under the 3 for Free is almost exactly the same. We're booked at $3,539 (inside) and it's now showing $3,550. The big difference though is the perks.

The 3 for Free would give me $100 OBC ($50 each) and Free Gratuities. The booking I have gives us $400 OBC ($200 each) Free Gratuities, Free Specialty Dining, and $100 Land Credit ($50 each). Somehow the 3 for Free just isn't "quite" as good. (What was really odd is that the cruise we booked didn't show a Sale banner of any kind. The perks showed up at one of the next-to-last stages of the booking. I know there must be some "name" for the promo but I'm darned if I know what it is!)

On 10/30/2018 at 6:04 AM, Coral said:

Coral, you are a real resource! Good to know if they keep to the pattern, I won't be seeing anything more attractive than Three4Free. I would have been interested in Sip'n'Sail...

How do you refare? I'd be so scared to mess up something with my booking. (We booked directly with Princess on the phone, several months ago, before the 3 for free.)

Editing to add- we booked during the Great Escapes promotion, but BEFORE 3 for Free. But if I'm looking at this correctly, both of those promotions can stack together? If I called Princess, would they add the 3 for Free promotion to our existing booking?

Edited by Cyn874

I just call my PCP but anyone at Princess can do it. For me it was always cancelling current booking, making a new one thus trading out promos for new ones. Sometimes it's worth it .... sometimes not especially if it involves upgraded air fares @ $300 off / free gratuities.  The price dropped on my November 28th, 2018 airfare and cruise. However by the time I factored in the promos, it actually went up.

Edited by Ombud

@Cyn874

The two promotions overlap in time offered, but not in cruises they apply to. From Thrak's link in message $6:

"Great Escapes Sale (September 25 – November 19, 2018)
We can all relate to getting caught up in the mundane details of the daily grind – so let’s give our clients something to look forward to! Our Great Escapes Sale is the perfect reason to get clients pack for a vacation sailing Winter 2018 – Spring 2019

"3 for FREE (September 6 – November 19, 2018)
Our popular 3 for FREE Sale is back and better than ever! Your clients will get an incredible value for booking a cruise or cruisetour to ALL DESTINATIONS sailing Summer 2019 through Spring 2020!"

Underlines mine.

• Like 1

I've been such an idiot!  Paid full bill on all previous cruises, never took advantage of SOBC or even knew about it! Bought wine on board instead of bringing it on. Even traded my elite mini bar for water while buying coffee cards! Yea, I learn a lot from others on cc.

THANK YOU EVERYONE 

13 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Every promotion is setup to attract different people with different desires from a cruise. While some like 3 for free and others like Sip and Stumble and still others prefer free specialty dining, maximum OBC or spa treatments. 

Lol, funny what you did there. 😂