La Cucina - pic of NEW menu?

Heather1972

11 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

Anyone have a picture of the new La Cucina menu? I see lots of posts of the changes, but don't see a post of the menu. TIA 

Check out MKings review from last week.  I glanced at it quickly but that looked like a new one.

1 minute ago, brookie848 said:

Are these menus on all ships now or just the larger ships? Some of our favorites have disappeared. While it's not the end of the world, I'm kind of hoping that the old menus will still be on the Dawn when we sail in a few months.

We got word from the Maitre D' in La Cucina on the Dawn that these menus were changing September 2018. 

3 minutes ago, Heather1972 said:

We got word from the Maitre D' in La Cucina on the Dawn that these menus were changing September 2018. 

Sigh...not the biggest deal, but both my husband and our friend loved the sea bass on the Cagney's menu. I see they have a version in La Cucina, but of course it won't be the same. 

We'll still have a great time, but I will miss a few things on the old menus and don't see anything jumping out at me as replacements. And while I know we're supposed to be in a fancy specialty restaurant, I wish they would have a few more "standard" Italian dishes. My husband tries not to eat meat, but doesn't like mushrooms and I would love to see an eggplant option for him. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just came off the Breakaway. I thought the new La Cucina menu stunk. Going on the Jade in March and wondered if menu was different on the older class of ship. Anyone have a current La Cucina menu from a Jade class ship if it differs?

2 hours ago, ser1was said:

Just came off the Breakaway. I thought the new La Cucina menu stunk. Going on the Jade in March and wondered if menu was different on the older class of ship. Anyone have a current La Cucina menu from a Jade class ship if it differs?

The menu pictured above in this thread is the same as on the Gem in October.

Edited by kochleffel
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, h55zbt said:

What counts as an entree in La Cucina?  I guess if I'm on the dining plan I get one entree.  But can I have an appetizer, pasta, pizza, secondi (= entree), and dessert without paying extra?

You can definitely have appetizers, pasta, second (only one), and desserts on the SDP. I didn't order pizza and I don't know whether it would be included along with everything else.

A platinum certificate, on the other hand, covers only one of each course, but for two people, plus a bottle of wine.

A general comment about the menu: it reminded me of restaurant menus in Italy, although with less emphasis on salads and different kinds of seafood, and the dishes I had recently on the Gem stood in well with mainstream restaurants in Italy, too. The Italian restaurant convention of first plate (often pasta) and second plate (main course) sometimes takes Americans by surprise. One waiter in Rome asked whether I wanted to order the American/British way (appetizer, second, dessert) or the Italian way.

• Like 1