Latitudes Reward Offer

JamieLogical

Just booked a February 2019 cruise with all these promotions last night. Between the free airfare and all 5 free at sea offers, it was a no brainer for us to splurge and grab a Haven room to try out for the first time. My only fear is that what others have said will hold true - once you go Haven you never go back.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

The OBC should show on the Vacation Summary. The extra point per night doesn't show up until after you sail, but on your reservation PDF you should see "Latitude" in the upper right.

I did not know this!  I never really paid attention to what the reservation says up top.  We booked Bermuda on Friday because of the double points and yep, it says latitude right there along with EASYFARE which I assume is the on board credit.  It also says CHOBEV which is the beverage package.

22 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Just booked a February 2019 cruise with all these promotions last night. Between the free airfare and all 5 free at sea offers, it was a no brainer for us to splurge and grab a Haven room to try out for the first time. My only fear is that what others have said will hold true - once you go Haven you never go back.

We’ve stayed in the Haven on the Getaway twice and have no problem going back to steerage. Not worth the money.

• Like 1

Awesome! I don't know why I didn't see this. I emailed my PCC and found she was out of the country and her backup wasn't answering so I called NCL and got it added. It lowered the price about $46 bucks. She said the unlimited WIFI fell off, but that is fine. We don't use it anyway.

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

The OBC should show on the Vacation Summary. The extra point per night doesn't show up until after you sail, but on your reservation PDF you should see "Latitude" in the upper right.

The LATREW code doesn't pertain to this..... that just identifies you as having on board Latitude benefits such as excursion discount, etc.  It will always be there on every cruise.  For the longest time I thought it meant something good but that's all it is

1 hour ago, esm54687 said:

The LATREW code doesn't pertain to this..... that just identifies you as having on board Latitude benefits such as excursion discount, etc.  It will always be there on every cruise.  For the longest time I thought it meant something good but that's all it is

Where did I say anything about LATREW? I said LATITUDE....  The LATITUDE code is the one to look for. I just double checked my past reservations and the two cruises I have done that were Past Guest Perk cruises had that code, the others did not.

Edited by JamieLogical

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Where did I say anything about LATREW? I said LATITUDE....  The LATITUDE code is the one to look for. I just double checked my past reservations and the two cruises I have done that were Past Guest Perk cruises had that code, the others did not.

I'm sorry, my bad..... on my May 2019 trip I have LATREW and do not have LATITUDE yet I have the Past Guest Perk with my sailing.  Now I'm questioning the CAS rep who booked me. 😔 

It took me two phone calls to my travel agent (who then had to call NCL), but I managed to get my cabin for the Escape to Bermuda in late May switched to the double Latitudes points offer.  My fare went up a bit, the OBC helped offset that, but I really value the double points as I approach Platinum status.

• 4 months later...

I am having a major fight with NCL over this one.  I was originally in a balcony for a 15 day Sun cruise in December.  My TA called up to see if I upgraded to a Suite, if I would get the double points.  After he got a confirmation, he three-way dialed with me on the other line.  The sales agent confirmed multiple times that I would get double the points with the promotion if I upgrade to a suite.  In fact, she put us on hold to verify with her supervisor and then confirmed again.  My TA asked NCL to review the telephone logs and listen to their sales agent tell us we will get the points, but they won't budge. 

Last week I CC'd Mr Stuart the email trail my TA had with the NCL Sales and haven't received a reply.  I'm astonished that 1) they won't honor what the sales agent told me I would get and 2) that 15 points is so important to them that they won't budge from their position.  I told them that I retire in two years and will probably go on 2-3 cruises annually after that and this experience is going to impact what cruise line I use in the future.  Even the loss of future business has resulted in crickets.

Edited by Stealthdog

5 hours ago, Stealthdog said:

I am having a major fight with NCL over this one.  I was originally in a balcony for a 15 day Sun cruise in December.  My TA called up to see if I upgraded to a Suite, if I would get the double points.  After he got a confirmation, he three-way dialed with me on the other line.  The sales agent confirmed multiple times that I would get double the points with the promotion if I upgrade to a suite.  In fact, she put us on hold to verify with her supervisor and then confirmed again.  My TA asked NCL to review the telephone logs and listen to their sales agent tell us we will get the points, but they won't budge. 

Last week I CC'd Mr Stuart the email trail my TA had with the NCL Sales and haven't received a reply.  I'm astonished that 1) they won't honor what the sales agent told me I would get and 2) that 15 points is so important to them that they won't budge from their position.  I told them that I retire in two years and will probably go on 2-3 cruises annually after that and this experience is going to impact what cruise line I use in the future.  Even the loss of future business has resulted in crickets.

Mr Stuart's email maybe logged down - suggest you resend directed to:

Vivian Ewart
Vice President, Passenger Services
7665 Corporate Center Dr.
Miami, FL 33126
(305) 436-4011
vewart@ncl.com

For further help read about the way to proceed from here - hope you kept a paper (email) trail  LINK:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

If the cruise has been completed and no action you have 12 months from the cruise end to fix this:

Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months.

Be patient the executives that pull strings are not always immediately at beck and call - but you should receive an

answer usually within 10 business days. Avoid threatening abusive (take business elsewhere) tactics just state the facts

of what you were promised did not get and would like prompt corrective action so your next cruise will be able to use the

benefits that were earned.

Now all this and that failing perhaps Mr. Elliott's organization may entertain going to bat for you - - -

But exhaust all the customary channels first !

And Good Luck !  

1 minute ago, browniegirl said:

Just chatted with my pcl and she said it only applies to certain sailings and not mine which isn't until 2021.  Bummer...

Leah

Yeah, the "Past Guest Offers" or "Latitudes Rewards" usually only apply to specific sailings. This thread originated back in November when they were running a promotion that allowed you to get the Latitudes Rewards benefits on ANY future sailing for a limited time.

Just now, JamieLogical said:

Yeah, the "Past Guest Offers" or "Latitudes Rewards" usually only apply to specific sailings. This thread originated back in November when they were running a promotion that allowed you to get the Latitudes Rewards benefits on ANY future sailing for a limited time.

That is what I get for not paying attention to the original date lol...….but I will certainly keep an eye out for future ones!!!  thanks again :)

Leah

15 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

it is just like when your favorite store has a 1/2 price sale. It doesn't apply to all merchandise, just certain items. Our cruise in Oct has no specials, nothing for latitude members regardless of the status, but I am thinking it has to do with fall break for a lot of school kids. No, it won't be packed like Spring break because no all schools districts have breaks, but there will be just enough more demand that they do not have to offer specials of any kind to sell the ship. 

19 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Mr Stuart's email maybe logged down - suggest you resend directed to:

Vivian Ewart
Vice President, Passenger Services
7665 Corporate Center Dr.
Miami, FL 33126
(305) 436-4011
vewart@ncl.com

For further help read about the way to proceed from here - hope you kept a paper (email) trail  LINK:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

If the cruise has been completed and no action you have 12 months from the cruise end to fix this:

Note: We can only credit your Latitudes Rewards account with missing points for cruises taken within the last 12 months.

Be patient the executives that pull strings are not always immediately at beck and call - but you should receive an

answer usually within 10 business days. Avoid threatening abusive (take business elsewhere) tactics just state the facts

of what you were promised did not get and would like prompt corrective action so your next cruise will be able to use the

benefits that were earned.

Now all this and that failing perhaps Mr. Elliott's organization may entertain going to bat for you - - -

But exhaust all the customary channels first !

And Good Luck !  

Thanks!  I'll message her today and let everyone know what comes of it!