Latitudes Reward Offer

JamieLogical

5 minutes ago, MCC retired said:

Thanks for the Alert on this .

My TA called and had the OBC & Extra Pts added to my "existing booking" . No need to cancel/rebook.

Rate remained the same but Service Charge for my Free Dining increased a couple of dollars to the new charge.

Those who book direct and are being denied , call back get someone else . (or use a Good TA next 

Will this work for those past final payment?

I had to make final payment for a March 2019 cruise I booked in 2017.  I called CAS, they refreshed the screen to add the current promos.  As I suspected it would cost me double to add the promo to my booking.  I got a really good rate on that cruise and have never been able to re-book it for a better offer.  

8 minutes ago, Socalev said:

I had to make final payment for a March 2019 cruise I booked in 2017.  I called CAS, they refreshed the screen to add the current promos.  As I suspected it would cost me double to add the promo to my booking.  I got a really good rate on that cruise and have never been able to re-book it for a better offer.  

I'm afraid we're going to be in the same boat with our Encore cruise.  I originally booked the say it went on sale to Latitude members...  A short time later, I rebooked when they ran the "Tax Free" sale around tax season this year which saved $300+ total on the cruise.  Now, any other offers that come up, aren't worth rebooking for because we have to add the taxes back...

But the room is still the same price now as it was when we booked so I don't see why we can't get the Latitudes offer thrown in on that cruise at least...  And our Dawn in January, is actually LESS than what it was when we originally booked when you take into consideration the 20% discount they are currently offering.  😕

5 hours ago, Aprille said:

I just called and was able to add the new Latitudes promo to my existing reservation without canceling and rebooking and kept my existing 5 promos. YAY. Thanks @JamieLogical!

I had the Reward added automatically to both my wife and I without needing to call..... weird how some call to have it applied to existing reservation, some call and told it can't be done and some have it automatically added (I'm CAS so wonder if that triggered it)........ this $100 plus the $100 shareholder OBC.... not a bad way to get $200 basically doing nothing. 

I called my PCC today to ask about two of my upcoming sailings (the third was already Latitude Rewards). We can't get the extra points on our Bliss sailing in February, because we are already inside final payment. Getting the extra points for our inaugural transatlantic Encore sailing would mean canceling and re-booking. Between getting the CruiseNext deal (we booked while on board the Gem in June), the increase in fares, and the increase in service charges for the UBP, we would have to pay an extra $350 total. Not really worth it for $100 OBC, double points, wifi, and a $50 shore excursion credit (only one port on that sailing).

20 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I called my PCC today to ask about two of my upcoming sailings (the third was already Latitude Rewards). We can't get the extra points on our Bliss sailing in February, because we are already inside final payment. Getting the extra points for our inaugural transatlantic Encore sailing would mean canceling and re-booking. Between getting the CruiseNext deal (we booked while on board the Gem in June), the increase in fares, and the increase in service charges for the UBP, we would have to pay an extra $350 total. Not really worth it for $100 OBC, double points, wifi, and a $50 shore excursion credit (only one port on that sailing).

Thanks for posting this Jamie...called my PCC and was able to get the $100.00 OBC without s problem. 5 day Epic in March. Love the extra points. 

I was unaware of this offer until seeing this thread.  By telephone, I successfully changed my Sept 2019 cruise to double points and added two 2020 cruises, using cruise next deposit credits.  By mid-summer 2020, I will be Platinum Plus.  Thanks, OP!  

I am looking to book the Getaway for the Jan 27th sailing. Inside cabin with 1 perk. I sailed the escape in March (first NCL). Would I qualify for the $50 OBC and double points even if I don’t book directly with NCL?

Edited by pizzuti15

3 hours ago, Joeghartman said:

I just booked an Alaskan cruise last Friday and was wondering if I should call to get the extra points. Reading he success stories, I will do that today.

Let us know how you make out. I haven’t been very successful. I called to see if any of my cruises were eligible for the promo, an NCL supervisor said they were but they had to get the request from my TA. When my TA called they said the perks were already added to the cruise accounts. They were not. The $100 OBC showing in the accounts was my shareholder benefit not the Latitudes perk. You think they would have looked at the code but they obviously didn’t. My TA didn’t know that I had applied for the shareholder benefit so they didn’t dispute the claim.

On 11/8/2018 at 12:29 PM, furgoon said:

I just called as well about a booking I had for 2020 on the Pride of America.  The Latitudes offer was added without having to rebook.  However, I asked about the free airfare and was told that it didn't apply to POA.  However, when I try a mock booking I can add a free night hotel pre-cruise and get reduced/free airfare as an offer.  I am currently booked with prepaid gratuities.  Seems weird.

Yes, you can get free airfare / hotel with POA.  I just did it myself. Keep in mind the free is from some West Coast cities and there will be an added fare to get to those cities. For example, from Phoenix they wanted $299 pp.  I know I can get a flight for about about $180pp on my own, so that is what I chose.  I think it a great deal to get free airfare to Hawaii from San Diego and back, so I am using that part.

Thanks for this heads up! I called last night and was able to add the double points and $100 obc to our upcoming Transpacific. Here’s what changed:

price increase of $105, but the 100 obc makes up for it (we would have bought cruise next deposits anyway, so would have spent the money in either case) 

unlimited WiFi: we both agree that we are better off without it. Took a TA in April with zero internet and were happy to unplug. We still have the 250 minutes and our confirmation shows that w have (2) 250 minute WiFi packages? 

Double points: since we are in a suite we had double points to begin with, so this gives us quadruple points, 60 for a 15 night cruise. Verified with NCL.

I wonder if if they are diluting the Latitudes program. This cruise moves me from silver to platinum in one fell swoop! I’m sure that is the case for many people. Not that the benefits are all that expensive anyway, but at some point it doesn’t seem that “special”. In any event, we are very happy to move up so quickly as we have just started cruising and husband is in love with it!!

On 11/8/2018 at 2:04 PM, Aprille said:

I just called and was able to add the new Latitudes promo to my existing reservation without canceling and rebooking and kept my existing 5 promos. YAY. Thanks @JamieLogical!

I wonder if that works for reservations that have already made final payment?  I had a $50 OBC magically appear in my Vacation Summary the other day that wasn't there before.  Someone suggested that it was a Latitudes past guest OBC.  Since it arrived during the window of this promotion, I'm wondering if it was just done automatically. Guess I should call my TA...I dread the wait time.

3 minutes ago, thomfam5 said:

Should this show on their site. I pulled up my TA as if I was going to book another cabin but it only shows the free at sea. 

The OBC should show on the Vacation Summary. The extra point per night doesn't show up until after you sail, but on your reservation PDF you should see "Latitude" in the upper right.

• Thanks 1