Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Well we’ll  have to wait and see about an offer for a suite!  And yes, I realize every situation is different and I also think it’s just a game to get the customer to bid higher and if it works out well for a person then good.  And since I booked a Balcony guarantee I’m wondering if I’ll have to wait till the very last minute to get a cabin assignment  based on how many people bid for a balcony on my sailing. 

 

What ship are you on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On our upcoming Baltic Cruise, we chose an interior on the day the itinerary opened.  Balcony rooms were just over $2000 CAD more for 2 people.  That difference grew slightly as time went on and rooms filled up until almost a year ago I think, Interiors were sold out.  Balcony were then about $4000 more.  Now, cruise is marked as sold out but I checked the price on sailing just after us, and the cheapest available Balcony room is about $5500 more that what we paid for our interior. 

 

We did get an offer to bid to upgrade, and I did place a bid, but I'm not expecting anything and we are perfectly fine with that as we chose an interior anyway.  If we get lucky, then yay, if not... We're happy anyway.  This will be our first sailing in an interior room.

 

I just don't see how the bidding process can work on a full ship, except for maybe a few last minute cancellations that they might be able to fill.

 

dp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you get involved in this? I did a search at the website for RoyalUP and it came back that it could not find any match.

 

Is this available on all sailings? 

 

Thanks in advance

 

djp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dpostman said:

On our upcoming Baltic Cruise, we chose an interior on the day the itinerary opened.  Balcony rooms were just over $2000 CAD more for 2 people.  That difference grew slightly as time went on and rooms filled up until almost a year ago I think, Interiors were sold out.  Balcony were then about $4000 more.  Now, cruise is marked as sold out but I checked the price on sailing just after us, and the cheapest available Balcony room is about $5500 more that what we paid for our interior. 

 

We did get an offer to bid to upgrade, and I did place a bid, but I'm not expecting anything and we are perfectly fine with that as we chose an interior anyway.  If we get lucky, then yay, if not... We're happy anyway.  This will be our first sailing in an interior room.

 

I just don't see how the bidding process can work on a full ship, except for maybe a few last minute cancellations that they might be able to fill.

 

dp

 

Domino effect at the top. 

Bid high. I moved from inside to spacious balcony on Serenade TA. $900 total, but it was 16 days. 

 

Our JS on Serenade August last year was right at $5,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

What ship are you on?

 

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

What ship are you on?

 

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

What ship are you on?

Mariner Aug 9th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dpal2208 said:

How do you get involved in this? I did a search at the website for RoyalUP and it came back that it could not find any match.

 

Is this available on all sailings? 

 

Thanks in advance

 

djp

I got an email saying I could bid. Do not know if available on all sailings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

 

 

Mariner Aug 9th

 

You're probably fine in your balcony, I wouldn't bid much on an upgrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

You're probably fine in your balcony, I wouldn't bid much on an upgrade

 I’m not going to bid at all on an upgrade. I moved from an interior cabin to a balcony for a very reasonable price so that’s where I’m staying. But I’d be interested to know how the bidding goes for other people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Marie51 said:

 Yes, the lowest minimum bid to go from interior to balcony was $100 per person and that was listed as a weak bid

Thanks,  you got a great deal on that upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rhuntinton3.

Thanks for the link, i got to the site. I guess you have to be within 30 days of sailing and I’m still farther out.

We are booked in a Grand suite on Adventure, I’m not sure how many upgrades will be available within 30 days of sailing but I will certainly keep an eye out for an email.

 

Bony Voyage to all.

 

djp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bradenj21 said:

$1600 to move from 2D balcony to GS Ovation. Haven't bid.  Just the offer. 

 

Is this 7-night Alaska?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Is this 7-night Alaska?

Yes. 7 night Alaska. That's the lowest possible bid. 

 

$100 to spacious ocean view balcony and $800 to JS.

Edited by bradenj21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bradenj21 said:

Yes. 7 night Alaska. 

 

That's a big chunk for a GS upgrade, we would not pay that.  I guess Ovation in Alaksa is still a novelty, so they will probably get that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone recall how up you can bid (as in to what category)  on Oasis class ships if in a OV balcony?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bradenj21 said:

$1600 to move from 2D balcony to GS Ovation. Haven't bid.  Just the offer. 

 

Paid $1600 for the 2 of us to upgrade from a Junior Suite to a L2 Crown Loft on our present Allure cruise. Total price paid was $4268. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 10:32 AM, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

So I called in since the RoyalUp link kept giving me the same error of make sure you are 30 days out and correct information.  She put me on hold for a long time.  She then came back and said it was invitation only and I didn't have an invitation and family reservations are not allowed for RoyalUp and I have a family reservation.  I am bummed I didn't get to try for an upgrade.  Oh well!

 

Same! 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dpal2208 said:

Rhuntinton3.

Thanks for the link, i got to the site. I guess you have to be within 30 days of sailing and I’m still farther out.

We are booked in a Grand suite on Adventure, I’m not sure how many upgrades will be available within 30 days of sailing but I will certainly keep an eye out for an email.

 

Bony Voyage to all.

 

djp

 

My family of 4 was in a GS on Adventure a couple of years ago. It was a very lovely cabin with *loads* of space. There really should be no reason to spend any money on an upgrade unless you really want that piano in your cabin. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 4:32 PM, lovelife said:

You are not alone.  I haven't received marketing e-mails for many years.  Have called perhaps 75 - 100 times to various departments including C&A, Club Royale, etc.  I have tried four different e-mail addresses.  Each time I call RCI about something I tell them again and they say everything is in order and there is no reason I should not receive them.  Heck, Michael Bayley and his staff even got involved a few years ago and he couldn't even get 'er done! 😩

So I finally started getting emails. I went on the website and signed in after clearing the cache on my computer. I went to my account, then offers and communication and unchecked all three boxes. Royal, Azmara, and celebrity and signed out.

Then I signed back in again and did the same thing except this time I checked the royal box for offers and communication. Just the royal and not the others. 

The next day I got an email from club Royale. Hopefully this will work for you too!!! And keep our fingers crossed for our Royal Up email invitation!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still about 70 days out. Alaska on the  Ovation. 

 

Right now, we’re in an interior. I know that all obstructed views are not equal  I’m thinking about bidding on an obstructed view. Yet I know all obstructed views are not equal. If/when I receive an email to bid, will I be able to know what deck my cabin would be on?

Edited by LadyBeBop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LadyBeBop said:

I’m still about 70 days out. Alaska on the  Ovation. 

 

Right now, we’re in an interior. I know that all obstructed views are not equal  I’m thinking about bidding on an obstructed view. Yet I know all obstructed views are not equal. If/when I receive an email to bid, will I be able to know what deck my cabin would be on?

The obstructed view cabins are on Decks 6 & 7.  You have no control over which deck they put you on if your bid is accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timf2001 said:

The obstructed view cabins are on Decks 6 & 7.  You have no control over which deck they put you on if your bid is accepted.

 

Nor are they allowing any changes in the assigned stateroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Domino effect at the top. 

Bid high. I moved from inside to spacious balcony on Serenade TA. $900 total, but it was 16 days. 

 

Our JS on Serenade August last year was right at $5,000

You’re on the 8/25 TA and already heard about your bid? We bid from on Oceanview to a balcony, a spacious balcony and an oceanview suite, but we’ve heard nothing. We booked more than 1-1/2 years ago and oceanview was all that was available. And boy, have the prices gone up! When did you hear that your bid was accepted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ambergirl202 said:

You’re on the 8/25 TA and already heard about your bid? We bid from on Oceanview to a balcony, a spacious balcony and an oceanview suite, but we’ve heard nothing. We booked more than 1-1/2 years ago and oceanview was all that was available. And boy, have the prices gone up! When did you hear that your bid was accepted?

 

Two different trips. We were on the spring TA this year and the last Baltic before the TA last year. Bid on the spring TA about 45 days out and got accepted about 30 days out. I bid the max. $450pp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...