Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Luv06012012 said:

Help!!!!  Here's our scenario: Hubby, myself and our 9yo are currently booked in a panorama suite on Navigator.  We received a RoyalUp offering Owner's Suite or Grand Suite starting as low as $120pp for either room.  We are already getting suite perks because of our panorama suite, but would we get anything more by upgrading?  Which room would you go for and why...or would you go for both because the price is the same. 

 

I'm perfectly fine in our panorama suite....just wanting to weigh the benefits if any.

 

Balcony, and a semi seperate bedroom.  

If that's something you might be interested in. 😉😁🍾

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I take it you've never been on that sailing😉

I did the Legend TA in 2014 with almost the same exact itinerary (no stop in Greenland and left from Hamburg) at $419pp inside, balconies were about double that - I get that it's a somewhat unique itinerary, but just don't get that huge premium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Received our RoyalUp for the Anthem 9 night sailing to NE on 9/12.  

 

We have a Jr Ste gty booked, and the minimum bids are as follows:

 

Grand Suite, from $350 pp

Owners Suite, from $550 pp

Sky Loft Suite, from $800 pp

 

Would love to hear opinions from those who've sailed Anthem.  We are definitely bidding on the Grand Suite. 

 

I’m definitely not bidding.  Wanted you to know there will be no competition from me.   I’m happy with the JS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

 

I’m definitely not bidding.  Wanted you to know there will be no competition from me.   I’m happy with the JS!

 

Hope we both get assignments soon. 🙂 If no RoyalUp here, will be content just to be cruising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Balcony, and a semi seperate bedroom.  

If that's something you might be interested in. 😉😁🍾

 

Actually I meant to say Balcony vs a semi seperate bedroom 

 

But the OS has a bidet

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Got my RoyalUp email today for our September 13th sailing to Alaska on Ovation. Below are the reasons why it's not for us.

 

We are already in a JS Gty (6640 on the hump was assigned) and I have already bought the Key as well, 2 months ago. 

 

The upgrade prices offered were ($US):

Grand Suite - $500 p/p

Owners Suite - $700 p/p

Sky Loft Suite - $1,000 p/p

 

The major dilemma here is, if I was to bid for a Grand Suite, I may not know if it is successful until up to 24hrs prior to sailing. If it is successful, I would want to cancel the Key program within the last 24hrs because it would be no benefit at all, which apparently is not allowed. Thats $350 down the drain.

If it's unsuccessful, we would want the Key program to stay so we couldn't cancel it prior to knowing one way or the other as they are limited numbers apparently (even though it's seems to be still available on our cruise even though its close to sold out).

 

In the Junior Suite, we already get priority embarkation, dinner at CK & double points.

With the Key we get priority seating at venues, Voom access, priority debarkation at ports, lunch at Chops plus other things..

So most of the perks from the GS are covered with what we have (except lounge and concierge I guess!) 

 

This RoyalUp program would work much better if they could tell you further out from sailing, maybe 7 days and allow you to cancel anything that coincides with it at no charge for a refund within that 7 days or give it as OBC if wanted.

 

Thanks for the offer though RCCL (It wasn't offered for our Quantum sailing in 2016).

Just my 2 cents worth!

 

Have a great day everyone!

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TonRin said:

Hi all,

Got my RoyalUp email today for our September 13th sailing to Alaska on Ovation. Below are the reasons why it's not for us.

 

We are already in a JS Gty (6640 on the hump was assigned) and I have already bought the Key as well, 2 months ago. 

 

The upgrade prices offered were ($US):

Grand Suite - $500 p/p

Owners Suite - $700 p/p

Sky Loft Suite - $1,000 p/p

 

The major dilemma here is, if I was to bid for a Grand Suite, I may not know if it is successful until up to 24hrs prior to sailing. If it is successful, I would want to cancel the Key program within the last 24hrs because it would be no benefit at all, which apparently is not allowed. Thats $350 down the drain.

If it's unsuccessful, we would want the Key program to stay so we couldn't cancel it prior to knowing one way or the other as they are limited numbers apparently (even though it's seems to be still available on our cruise even though its close to sold out).

 

In the Junior Suite, we already get priority embarkation, dinner at CK & double points.

With the Key we get priority seating at venues, Voom access, priority debarkation at ports, lunch at Chops plus other things..

So most of the perks from the GS are covered with what we have (except lounge and concierge I guess!) 

 

This RoyalUp program would work much better if they could tell you further out from sailing, maybe 7 days and allow you to cancel anything that coincides with it at no charge for a refund within that 7 days or give it as OBC if wanted.

 

Thanks for the offer though RCCL (It wasn't offered for our Quantum sailing in 2016).

Just my 2 cents worth!

 

Have a great day everyone!

Cheers

 

 

How do you know you can't cancel the Key🤔

Lunch and breakfast in CK are really good

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

How do you know you can't cancel the Key🤔

Lunch and breakfast in CK are really good

 

It seems they close the cruise planner 2 or 3 days out from the cruise for purchases.

1498877142_ScreenShot2019-07-03at2_44_54pm.png.ed12c4e63625fa268c967a62a6f88876.png

 

Which then contradicts the cancellation policy..

1846051292_ScreenShot2019-07-03at2_44_10pm.png.cf76bc5d723a57d35344ccbce7db4c8a.png

 

Sorry about the cut and paste sizes! 

I maybe wrong in my assumption but thats the way I am reading it.. 

Maybe I need to waste a few hours and call RCCL.. 🙄

Confused more now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TonRin said:

 

It seems they close the cruise planner 2 or 3 days out from the cruise for purchases.

1498877142_ScreenShot2019-07-03at2_44_54pm.png.ed12c4e63625fa268c967a62a6f88876.png

 

Which then contradicts the cancellation policy..

1846051292_ScreenShot2019-07-03at2_44_10pm.png.cf76bc5d723a57d35344ccbce7db4c8a.png

 

Sorry about the cut and paste sizes! 

I maybe wrong in my assumption but thats the way I am reading it.. 

Maybe I need to waste a few hours and call RCCL.. 🙄

Confused more now!

 

I'm thinking you call C&A, explain situation and cancel if needed. 

 

When you call C&A, hit #9

You might get through faster.

Transfer to resolutions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Received our RoyalUp for the Anthem 9 night sailing to NE on 9/12.  

 

We have a Jr Ste gty booked, and the minimum bids are as follows:

 

Grand Suite, from $350 pp

Owners Suite, from $550 pp

Sky Loft Suite, from $800 pp

 

Would love to hear opinions from those who've sailed Anthem.  We are definitely bidding on the Grand Suite. 

Sailed anthem in April of this year. Won our bid for a sky loft suite from a Jr suite. We agressively bid about $1000 because we wanted in. I believe the minimum bid was about $850 then. From the service to the room itself, it was excellent and would gladly do it again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, TonRin said:

 

It seems they close the cruise planner 2 or 3 days out from the cruise for purchases.

1498877142_ScreenShot2019-07-03at2_44_54pm.png.ed12c4e63625fa268c967a62a6f88876.png

 

Which then contradicts the cancellation policy..

1846051292_ScreenShot2019-07-03at2_44_10pm.png.cf76bc5d723a57d35344ccbce7db4c8a.png

 

Sorry about the cut and paste sizes! 

I maybe wrong in my assumption but thats the way I am reading it.. 

Maybe I need to waste a few hours and call RCCL.. 🙄

Confused more now!

 

We sailed on May 5.  We had until May 3 11:59PM EDT to cancel The Key, which we ending up doing before the deadline.

 

The following language was at the bottom of the confirmation email we received after we initially purchased “The Key”

“You can change or cancel reservations made using our Cruise Planner up until 03-May-2019 11:59 PM EDT. All monetary exchanges processed onboard are paid out in U.S. Dollars directly to your SeaPass onboard charge account unless otherwise specified.”

 

I hope it works out for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TonRin said:

 If it is successful, I would want to cancel the Key program within the last 24hrs because it would be no benefit at all, which apparently is not allowed. Thats $350 down the drain.

We have had reports of folks successfully cancelling Key on board - you get OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just off Harmony (on Sunday) heard a person had bid (was originally in

a owners suite) got a aqua suite for a small bid up.... can’t imagine what that was!

 

On Celebrity did a small bid  and got upgraded from inside cabin deck 9 to a balcony 

on deck 7 on Infinity. Cruise price was only $179 ... great deal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

Sailed anthem in April of this year. Won our bid for a sky loft suite from a Jr suite. We agressively bid about $1000 because we wanted in. I believe the minimum bid was about $850 then. From the service to the room itself, it was excellent and would gladly do it again. 

 

Thanks for the input. :classic_smile: Was wavering over which categories to bid on.  You helped me drill in on it.  Did you find out just before the cruise?  Since we usually don't know our cabin assignment on GTYs till just before sailing, that isn't an issue for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

 

Thanks for the input. :classic_smile: Was wavering over which categories to bid on.  You helped me drill in on it.  Did you find out just before the cruise?  Since we usually don't know our cabin assignment on GTYs till just before sailing, that isn't an issue for us.  

Our cruise was in late April. I got the email on Presidents Day, I only know this because I was off work that day. I got thrle confirm email the Friday of the same week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tennislvr8 said:

Our cruise was in late April. I got the email on Presidents Day, I only know this because I was off work that day. I got thrle confirm email the Friday of the same week. 

Do you mean you received a confirmation that they received your bid the Friday of the same week or do you mean the accepted your bid and let you know that Friday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

Do you mean you received a confirmation that they received your bid the Friday of the same week or do you mean the accepted your bid and let you know that Friday?

They let me know that Friday I won the bid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tennislvr8 said:

They let me know that Friday I won the bid. 

 

That’s great! I think that’s the fastest acceptance I’ve seen here. 🙂

 

Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

They let me know that Friday I won the bid. 

 Wow! That was quick! I bid on my 8/24 sailing on the Symphony. I’m hoping to hear at least a week before sailing. I’m in a JS now, and am going to get the drink packages and maybe the Key. If my bid to a GS is accepted I hope to be able to cancel them in time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tennislvr8 said:

They let me know that Friday I won the bid. 

What was your bid strength? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We decided on a whim to place a bid for our August cruise. Should we expect to receive a confirmation email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BearsAhoy said:

 Should we expect to receive a confirmation email?

Yes, if you win. The denial e-mail usually comes about 6PM on the night before the sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, BearsAhoy said:

We decided on a whim to place a bid for our August cruise. Should we expect to receive a confirmation email?

 

I did receive an email confirmation that they received the offer about 30 minutes after placing a bid.

Good luck on your bid.... sort of... 😉

I think if only one of us wins a bid, the winner should invite the other over for a beer 🙂

And if neither wins, we should just have a beer anyway.

dp

 

Edited by dpostman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, molly361 said:

What was your bid strength? 

 

Tennislvr8 said minimum was about $850 pp and they bid about $1000 pp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dpostman said:

 

I did receive an email confirmation that they received the offer about 30 minutes after placing a bid.

Good luck on your bid.... sort of... 😉

I think if only one of us wins a bid, the winner should invite the other over for a beer 🙂

 

dp

 

So now I’m really puzzled that we didn’t get the confirmation message. 

 

Deal on the drink! 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...