RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

I have gotten a bit lost in the thread.

Where does RCL contact you? Is it with the email one uses for booking? husband and I are heading out on Allure in June; lots of crown lofts available for our cruise ( we are in a Grand) ; wouldn't mind moving up if offered a chance to bid.

Thank you for your help!

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

I got my acceptance email last night. Sailing on the Anthem to Bermuda on May 25. On March 6 I bid $900 for a Sky Loft suite (bid range was $700-$1300). After checking on what it would cost to just upgrade (the SLS was $7,800 for two), I increased my bid to $1,000/pp on March 7, and got my Congratulations email on March 18. 

SANDEBEACH, best thing you ever did!!  We did the upgrade to that category for our 12 day cruise on ANTHEM.  Best cruise we ever had.  Your going to have a blast!!

33 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

SANDEBEACH, best thing you ever did!!  We did the upgrade to that category for our 12 day cruise on ANTHEM.  Best cruise we ever had.  Your going to have a blast!!

Thank you, our first time on Anthem and I want it to be Fabulous!

I just asked this on the other RoyalUP thread but figured I should ask here too...

I just got the offer today for the Symphony in May. I'm in an oceanview balcony, mid-ship, currently. Minimum bids are $300pp for a Junior Suite, $700pp for a Grand Suite, and $1,100pp for an Owner's Suite. I wish there was an offer for a Crown Loft Suite (since one is still available) but so far, nothing. Does anyone think it would be worth trying for the Grand Suite? (We bought VOOM for 2, the Deluxe/Unlimited Drink Package, and the Unlimited/Deluxe Dining Package -- i.e. all specialty restaurants). The only thing we would no longer need is the VOOM package... so...is it worth it? Given my current stateroom, is it possible that a bid would later become available for a Crown Loft Suite or is my balcony too "low" of a stateroom to get that offer?

Thanks!!

Lauren

1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Where does RCL contact you? Is it with the email one uses for booking?

Typically the one in your C&A profile  - ensure you have Offers & communication box for RCI checked under Settings/Preferences.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandebeach said:

I got my acceptance email last night. Sailing on the Anthem to Bermuda on May 25. On March 6 I bid $900 for a Sky Loft suite (bid range was $700-$1300). After checking on what it would cost to just upgrade (the SLS was $7,800 for two), I increased my bid to $1,000/pp on March 7, and got my Congratulations email on March 18. 

Much congrats!  If you were originally in a JS or below, how did they handle the extra gratuities?  Did they just charge that to your card, in addition to the price of the bid?  Thanks!

Edited by Nabalab

3 minutes ago, Nabalab said:

Much congrats!  If you were originally in a JS or below, how did they handle the extra gratuities?  Did they just charge that to your card, in addition to the price of the bid?  Thanks!

I was in a JS, but did not prepay my gratuities, and they are not pre-billed on my invoice. I will just pay them on the ship.

• Like 1

There are 3 of us, DD (with MS), DH and myself.  We are in Accessible CP Balcony, which is the same size as Junior Suite. 

We received a Royal Up offer:

Junior Suite-$400pp

Ultra Spacious Ocean View w/Balcony- $250pp

Spacious Ocean View w/Balcony - $200pp

Ocean View Balcony - $100pp

The more we think about it, I think we are staying where we are.  (never tried CP Balcony before)

Now if they offered a GS, OS or CLS, that is a different story. 

8 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Congratulations!!!  We are on that same sailing and received our upgrade email today - March 19th - which happens to be my birthday - yay me!!!  Anyway, we were originally booked in a balcony.  It's our honeymoon cruise so we put in the highest bid on the Grand Suite and got it.  I'm curious if we possibly moved into YOUR room once you upgraded!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inaffit319 said:

Congratulations!!!  We are on that same sailing and received our upgrade email today - March 19th - which happens to be my birthday - yay me!!!  Anyway, we were originally booked in a balcony.  It's our honeymoon cruise so we put in the highest bid on the Grand Suite and got it.  I'm curious if we possibly moved into YOUR room once you upgraded!

Congratulations!  How awesome!! You will Love the Grand Suite!! Happy Honeymoon!!! 

Just got acceptance email for our Serenade TA April 26. Bid the max on a Spacious Balcony. We were an inside cabin. Some might think that $900 is a lot for a balcony upgrade, but its a 16 night crossing and are total for two is $2,300.

20190319_220630.thumb.jpg.962c135c44213e9f6897f04534c778ff.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just got acceptance email for our Serenade TA April 26. Bid the max on a Spacious Balcony. We were an inside cabin. Some might think that $900 is a lot for a balcony upgrade, but its a 16 night crossing and are total for two is $2,300.

Good score. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

20190319_220630.thumb.jpg.962c135c44213e9f6897f04534c778ff.jpg

Wow, that is an excellent price for a balcony for 16 days, and a balcony will be nice on a TA. I am doing the 9-night Explorer over New Year's, and I am paying $3,900 for a balcony (and I am hoping that the price goes down). This is the most expensive balcony we have ever booked.  

On 3/19/2019 at 1:10 PM, Biker19 said:

Typically the one in your C&A profile  - ensure you have Offers & communication box for RCI checked under Settings/Preferences.

When I saw this post I realized I was unsubscribed to promo emails. Changed it and today I got a  Royal Up email in less than 24 hours.

Options:

GS $450pp

JS $250pp

Spacious OV balcony $120

OV balcony $30

Currently in 2E (obstructed) 5 night

Edited by marci22
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, marci22 said:

When I saw this post I realized I was unsubscribed to promo emails. Changed it and today I got a  Royal Up email in less than 24 hours.

So, then, if you get an upgrade you're buying me a drink?😄

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, then, if you get an upgrade you're buying me a drink?😄

Currently suites showing as sold out but may bid anyway to enjoy the wait like when you have a lottery ticket. Wouldn't bid on balcony as I like my current location.

Edited by marci22

I just received a RoyalUp offer for my 5/19 sailing on Allure.  We are currently in a hump balcony on deck 12, and had booked it right when they opened those bookings, so we got a great deal.  Don't think we'll be bidding since there are only 2 of us and even for the JS, without the extra points there isn't much of an 'upgrade' there.  FYI, when looking on the UK and other sites, it doesn't appear there are suites left other than one CLS, and this sailing looks to be very close to sold out. Starting bids are as follows: 

CLS $900pp

OS $750 pp

GS $450pp

JS $150pp

Spacious OV with balcony (sleeps 6) $100pp